The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by L'Evil Fish
I thought you lived in Wales :cry:

Englishman living in Wales, of course I support whoever's playing them!

Original post by Obiejess
Same! I normally go for France, as I have my sympathies towards then as I am able to (kind of) speak frog.

And I really hate Wales.

I'm not keen on the French, Ireland or South Africa are my #2 side. It's not just me hating Wales then.
Original post by O133
Englishman living in Wales, of course I support whoever's playing them!

I'm not keen on the French, Ireland or South Africa are my #2 side. It's not just me hating Wales then.

England first, then Ireland, then everyone else, then Wales.

Posted from TSR Mobile
England first, then Ireland, then everyone else, then Wales.

Agreed. Ireland are going to walk the Six Nations regardless though.
I feel like Bude now the conversation has moved onto Rugby:colonhash:.

So ermmm that Jonny Wilkinson is decent, eh?:getmecoat:
Original post by Red Fox
I feel like Bude now the conversation has moved onto Rugby:colonhash:.

So ermmm that Jonny Wilkinson is decent, eh?:getmecoat:

That's how I feel when you lot are on about Anime. Only that's everyday.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Same! I normally go for France, as I have my sympathies towards then as I am able to (kind of) speak frog.

And I really hate Wales.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah same! More just the hating Wales bit though for me :lol:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by O133
I can see why that wouldn't be great. I bet it was a cold, wet Friday night at Sixways, the match had been moved to then for TV and most of the fans were at home (or down the pub) watching in the warm. Leicester no doubt rested the players who you might have heard of from internationals and fielded a weakened team.

The first live game I saw was the 2012 Premiership Final when Quins won the title. That was a great match, with Twickenham packed at rocking, a glorious summer's day, and pretty decent entertainment on the pitch. The only downside is once you've been to rugby's Super Bowl no other match can really match it other than an England game (which would be well out of our price range).

I didn't know any of the players from Warriors who we were supporting. I don't know, but I didn't enjoy it as much as school boy rugby. Might have been the seating, I get a really nice view in school :cool:

PRSOM

Posted from TSR Mobile

Have you actually ever watched anime?
Original post by Bude8
I didn't know any of the players from Warriors who we were supporting. I don't know, but I didn't enjoy it as much as school boy rugby. Might have been the seating, I get a really nice view in school :cool:

That isn't bad. Rugby at any level is pretty watchable at least, unlike football where the amateur and women's games just don't have the skill level as the top-level professional men's game.
Original post by O133
That isn't bad. Rugby at any level is pretty watchable at least, unlike football where the amateur and women's games just don't have the skill level as the top-level professional men's game.

inb4 feminist rage. I have seen the woman's FA Cup final though and it was dreadful.
Original post by Red Fox
inb4 feminist rage. I have seen the woman's FA Cup final though and it was dreadful.

If they were full-time pros paid as much as the men then it would be perfectly watchable.
Original post by O133

Original post by Red Fox

Causing some real controversy :lol:

There's a Norwegian girl in my boarding house who used to play semi/professional football :beard:
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Bude8
Causing some real controversy :lol:

There's a Norwegian girl in my boarding house who used to play semi/professional football :beard:

Not that debate again:lol:
Left my guitar at home. Experiencing withdrawal symptoms already :cry2:
Original post by Red Fox
Everyone back in school tomorrow?

Yep, have a NAB (compulsory unit assessment except it doesn't count towards your grade) on Unit 3 of Advanced Higher Physics. It's a half unit on waves in motion, concurrence and the Doppler effect so i'm not to worried.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Princepieman
Yep, have a NAB (compulsory unit assessment except it doesn't count towards your grade) on Unit 3 of Advanced Higher Physics. It's a half unit on waves in motion, concurrence and the Doppler effect so i'm not to worried.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Seems pretty pointless to me:tongue:
Original post by Red Fox
Seems pretty pointless to me:tongue:

It isn't. If you don't complete the NABs for each unit you automatically fail the course even if you get an A in the exam.

Likewise, if you fail the NABs more than twice (three times occasionally) you are kicked off the course.
Original post by Princepieman
It isn't. If you don't complete the NABs for each unit you automatically fail the course even if you get an A in the exam.

Likewise, if you fail the NABs more than twice (three times occasionally) you are kicked off the course.

Since they don't count towards your grade do you just need to turn up and do them then? And just pass, of course

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)

Latest