The Student Room Group

St George's Medicine Applicants 2015

Scroll to see replies

I'd really appreciate that ! Please PM me.
Original post by TheUnicorn62
When did you get an invite to interview

From what I remember I got the invite in sometime December for an Interview in January I think.
Original post by M4eva
To clarify, they asked me for preference of Feb or Mar. I choose Mar for said reasons but did not tell them reasons as none were asked for. I guess my question was would it have been beneficial to have just said either was fine rather than appear picky. Maybe I should stop being paranoid about this and just prep for the interview. just ordered 2 prep books
Thanks for reply

way too paranoid, they're not gonna note down which applicants are picky and base things off that
Reply 1303
Original post by blissfully
way too paranoid, they're not gonna note down which applicants are picky and base things off that

Really?!? Oh noooo!
Lol. I get your point 😊
I got 680ukcat and i still havent got an interview invite :L
Original post by Jaska
I got 680ukcat and i still havent got an interview invite :L

It's just an awful waiting game😭

Posted from TSR Mobile
What's the last date St Georges interview? Will all applicants that get academic criteria and UKCAT cut off be invited to interview or is non academic criteria also looked at?
Original post by TheUnicorn62
What's the last date St Georges interview? Will all applicants that get academic criteria and UKCAT cut off be invited to interview or is non academic criteria also looked at?

Provided u meet both academic and UKCAT criteria you'll have an interview. Non academic stuff isn't looked at to determine who comes for interview!
I'm still waiting and thy told me the last day is in March I think

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by M4eva
To clarify, they asked me for preference of Feb or Mar. I choose Mar for said reasons but did not tell them reasons as none were asked for. I guess my question was would it have been beneficial to have just said either was fine rather than appear picky. Maybe I should stop being paranoid about this and just prep for the interview. just ordered 2 prep books
Thanks for reply

Nah, I think you shouldn't worry too much. I don't think it really matters. Good luck for your interview!
Original post by lazymedic
MMI's are bliss :smile: Because you can mess up in one station but still pull it back in the others, plus most of interviewers know nothing about your grades or PS so that allows everyone to be judged fairly.

These competences?

Academic ability and intellect
Empathy
Initiative and resilience
Communication skills
Organisation and problem solving
Team work
Insight and integrity
Effective learning style

Hmmmm they assessed most of them informally, in the sense that they didn't have a specific station for most of them. For example communication skills is tested in every single station but on the other hand Empathy does have it's own station (Role play).

I just wrote this long email about the interview and prep, I'll PM you that and anyone else who wants it.

:smile:

Hey ! Could you PM me the email too please :smile:
Thank you very much

Posted from TSR Mobile
So I've met UKCAT and have achieved everything, it's just a matter of waiting?
Does anyone know when the emails were sent out last year inviting people to the offer holders visit day?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by georgiahinch
So I've met UKCAT and have achieved everything, it's just a matter of waiting?

i guess so, thats what it said on the email ages ago!!
I haven't been keeping up with this thread - what's everyones' status ATM?

I have an interview next month (not even prepared for it yet or anything!!), need to get my work exp letters too ugh
Hello to the people who have already done their interview.

I got my invite to interview a while ago at the end of November, but I've only just begun to research travel journeys.
My interview is on the 10th of Feb and my parents have a car, so they could drive us, but we've already assumed that parking will be a nightmare.
I've checked train tickets and they're around £352 for two adults.
Unfortunately I was told to be at St G's by 10.40 and I live right by Birmingham, so I'm making quite a journey to get there.

Can anyone who's been to the interview let me know what they did for travel, especially if they traveled from afar like me? Also any advice on car parking would be especially helpful, as this is unfortunately looking to be my best best for travel options.

Thank you :smile:
Original post by lazymedic
MMI's are bliss :smile: Because you can mess up in one station but still pull it back in the others, plus most of interviewers know nothing about your grades or PS so that allows everyone to be judged fairly.

These competences?

Academic ability and intellect
Empathy
Initiative and resilience
Communication skills
Organisation and problem solving
Team work
Insight and integrity
Effective learning style

Hmmmm they assessed most of them informally, in the sense that they didn't have a specific station for most of them. For example communication skills is tested in every single station but on the other hand Empathy does have it's own station (Role play).

I just wrote this long email about the interview and prep, I'll PM you that and anyone else who wants it.

:smile:

Could you PM please? Thank you! :smile:
Original post by WannabeDoctor03

I got my invite to interview a while ago at the end of November, but I've only just begun to research travel journeys.
My interview is on the 10th of Feb and my parents have a car, so they could drive us, but we've already assumed that parking will be a nightmare.
Unfortunately I was told to be at St G's by 10.40 and I live right by Birmingham, so I'm making quite a journey to get there.

Can anyone who's been to the interview let me know what they did for travel, especially if they traveled from afar like me? Also any advice on car parking would be especially helpful, as this is unfortunately looking to be my best best for travel options.

I'm from just outside birmingham too :smile: best option is to get the flexible London ticket from chiltern railways (means you have to get there after half 10ish and leave before 4:30 or after 7) which is about £30 including return and tube travel and then you get 2 tubes from marylebone to tooting broadway. From marylebone to elephant and castle (poss jubilee can't remember) to tooting broadway via Northern line.

Edit: sorry just saw u have morning interview - if possible it might be worth doing this still but stopping the night before instead of travelling down the morning of. Might work out cheaper if you're able to.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
I wonder what proportion of offers have already been given out - if there's any science to it or it depends on the batch.
(edited 9 years ago)

how do train tickets cost that much, unless you mean £35 but if you get 7am train you should make it to Euston by 9am and then tube to St George's costs like £4

Posted from TSR Mobile

You could get a train to London Euston then take the Northern (not too sure if it's the Northern) to Tooting Broadway which is near SGUL...the journey will probably be just over 2 hours (maybe 2 and a half?) so you can plan accordingly. As for buying the tickets, you can get cheaper tickets through trainline and you should also try to buy the tickets well in advance. In terms of parking if you use Parkopedia you can find out about parking nearby SGUL including prices, distance from uni etc.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending