The Student Room Group

The Uni Study Thread Mark IV

Scroll to see replies

Original post by tradingmyheartforyours
Keep at at :smile: a week and half is still quite a bit. Look at past papers. Start tonight rather than putting it off and procrastinating/worrying until tomorrow

I know that if I start now I can get quite a fair bit done - but it's the getting started thats the problem :/ I hate my course, and that's making me not even bother studying anymore!
Original post by Silence_Will_Fal
I know that if I start now I can get quite a fair bit done - but it's the getting started thats the problem :/ I hate my course, and that's making me not even bother studying anymore!

Look - a week and a half of no life is nothing in the grand scheme of things. Just get on with it! Stop making excuses.

You can't seriously say that after the exam you'll be glad you didn't revise.

P.s. not being mean! Just motivational ass-kicking.
I'm pretty sure I've got myself into a relationship in which we are so incompatible we can never make it work.

And we live together.

And I don't know what to do, but I can't carry on like this, I feel like I'm going to burst into tears, or that I'm on edge and/or walking on eggshells all the time.

I've really ****ed myself this time.
(edited 9 years ago)
Exams are in 1 week and 1 day and I cannot bring myself to revise, all my motivation has gone :frown:
Original post by Serentonin
I'm pretty sure I've got myself into a relationship in which we are so incompatible we can never make it work.

And we live together.

And I don't know what to do, but I can't carry on like this, I feel like I'm going to burst into tears, or that I'm on edge and/or walking on eggshells all the time.

I've really ****ed myself this time.

What happened? I thought it was all cool between you guys?
Original post by BeyondandAbove
What happened? I thought it was all cool between you guys?

Honestly, I thought stuff was okay, but what he says never matches up to his actions, and tbh I'm pretty much constantly bottom of his priority list, and half the time I don't even feel like I have a boyfriend :erm:

If I say anything about anything that might possibly be taken as a negative, he immediately gets really defensive and pissy and closes down completely, so I can't see a way of solving anything and all I'm doing is feeling miserable :frown:
Honestly, I thought stuff was okay, but what he says never matches up to his actions, and tbh I'm pretty much constantly bottom of his priority list, and half the time I don't even feel like I have a boyfriend :erm:

If I say anything about anything that might possibly be taken as a negative, he immediately gets really defensive and pissy and closes down completely, so I can't see a way of solving anything and all I'm doing is feeling miserable :frown:

If you weren't living with him I would say that you don't need this **** in your final year. However, I know that isn't the case.

I'm sorry that it's not a better scenario :hugs: Sending my love down to Exeter :hugs:
Original post by Slowbro93
If you weren't living with him I would say that you don't need this **** in your final year. However, I know that isn't the case.

I'm sorry that it's not a better scenario :hugs: Sending my love down to Exeter :hugs:

Thank you. The fact that people on the internet are actually nicer to me than my 'bf' is making me feel like crying haha. You're all so sweet, seriously thank you :suith:

Honestly, if we weren't living together I would have broken up with him tonight.

I don't know what to do :frown:
Thank you. The fact that people on the internet are actually nicer to me than my 'bf' is making me feel like crying haha. You're all so sweet, seriously thank you :suith:

Honestly, if we weren't living together I would have broken up with him tonight.

I don't know what to do :frown:

When does your contract end? Is there a way that you can say crash as peoples places bit at a time for respite? Not the best solution, but better then nothing :console:

How long have you been together for?
When does your contract end? Is there a way that you can say crash as peoples places bit at a time for respite? Not the best solution, but better then nothing :console:

How long have you been together for?

Yeah, a couple of friends have offered houses, I may stay at a friends tomorrow at least. Contracts until august, term finishes end of march, so have to stay until then at least

About 3 months now, it's not even that long, it should still be easy at this stage :frown:
Yeah, a couple of friends have offered houses, I may stay at a friends tomorrow at least. Contracts until august, term finishes end of march, so have to stay until then at least

About 3 months now, it's not even that long, it should still be easy at this stage :frown:

Take the offer at least. Is it bad that I don't like him because he's making you sad?
I have 15 days with 5 exams... Not done a great deal.

PAAAAANIC

Posted from TSR Mobile
Biochemistry being done the night before its due :colondollar:

but on the upside seeing the boy end of the month for his birthday weekend away in Oxford :biggrin:
Original post by l'insegnante
Exams are in 1 week and 1 day and I cannot bring myself to revise, all my motivation has gone :frown:

I have a little longer. Well around a week and 2 days longer but I know what you mean.

I was in the library 1pm to 6pm and even though I've finally finished my coursework but I don't want to work. I just need sleep haha.

What is the highest you guys have gotten with turnitin?
I got 41% and it's scaring me!
This thread is starting to lose motivation and die out. Deja vu all over again this time last year when I first joined.
Come onnn you guys! We can do this!
Holiday over and it's time to really kick ass! :tongue: :dumbells:

Honey I'm so sorry. But are you sure it isn't working out? I went through the same phase as well, feeling as though it was only me who was putting the effort, but it was because I started to gradually find myself becoming impatient and just wanting him to initiate everything! Even conversations! I am so weird :sad: I took a step back and just let him be. I even started to ignore him for a while. Hey, no really, I'm not trying to be mean, just wanted to know how much I meant to him despite his actions. Next thing I find is his head popping through my office door :love:

:hugs: I know you'll be fine. I think it's because it's a first committed relationship? So it's a combination of fear and all other mixed up feelings? I think staying over at a friend's for a bit will settle things down. It's a good move. Wishing you all the best hun :hugs:
Going back to uni today so can really get down to proper revision.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Serious revision starts now, especially as my first exam is a week on Wednesday!
and its been submitted :woo:

might not see the boy till April because of snow warnings end of Jan :frown:

I'd take the offer too. Get out for a while. I wish I could help, I really could. Exeter is just a bit too far away.

Take the offer at least. Is it bad that I don't like him because he's making you sad?

Nah, I don't like him much either because he's making her sad.
Original post by paniking_and_not_revising
I have a little longer. Well around a week and 2 days longer but I know what you mean.

I was in the library 1pm to 6pm and even though I've finally finished my coursework but I don't want to work. I just need sleep haha.

What is the highest you guys have gotten with turnitin?
I got 41% and it's scaring me!

I have revision notes written out but I can't bring myself to sit down and learn them :frown:

My highest similarity with turnitin was 7% which was strange as it didn't take all the books I had used into consideration nor quotation :/

Quick Reply

Latest