The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Refs: DPI on Dallas
Shawn Oakman: I don't think so.
Refs: Ok
The Cowboys just don't deserve to win this. As much as they can only play the game in front of them, the PI flag pickup is beyond belief. I hope Stafford goes and puts up 6 as time expires. To top this absolute ****-tip of officiating off, Ansah was getting obviously held on the TD.
(edited 9 years ago)
Ummmm what was that? Force a fumble (may have been reversed though), with 2 mins left in the 4th and you dont go to ground? If the Cowboys lose now that dude is getting a slap.
Original post by cant_think_of_name
What a ****ing joke that call was. I mean, Martin shanked that punt but seriously they should never have had to punt it!

The DB should have turned his head to find the ball....it's probably a pick at that point anyway. The only way I that I see that it could have been not ruled a penalty, is if they see the hand jousting on the route. I'd just want to see whether Pettigrew grabs the facemask on the route...it certainly looked close.

The complete lack of fundamentals in this game is very concerning.
That was also a shocker. It's not a fumble anyway but FALL DOWN DeMarcus Lawrence. This game is so bizarre.

DeMarcus Lawrence gets the game winning play after all that. If I'm a proper Lions fan, I am pissed at the officiating.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by ..DT..
Ummmm what was that? Force a fumble (may have been reversed though), with 2 mins left in the 4th and you dont go to ground? If the Cowboys lose now that dude is getting a slap.

Double fumbles are the worse because it's a first down afterwards. Demarcus Lawrence was having a good game before that.
Lions certainly have plenty of time here, just a case of execution.
Reply 9907

Hell yeah.
Fair play Lawrence, great composure to recover and make a massive play like that.
Original post by Wattsy
That was also a shocker. It's not a fumble anyway but FALL DOWN DeMarcus Lawrence. This game is so bizarre.

He got his redemption. That's an excellent defensive play. That's a ball game, folks.
Utter bull****

Good game though!
Oh well, I hope Rodgers and the Cheeseheads make them look ****ing silly at Lambeau if for no other reason than seeing Jerry Jones looking less happy. Reinbold is so ****ing pissed with the referees, I love it, he's absolutely on one! "These officials are part time employees, they get to go home and be lawyers, doctors, INDIAN CHIEFS, bus drivers, I don't know. The Coaches get fired, the players get cut on these calls."

^^ I don't think I will ever be over this. It was TV Gold, if you were streaming Fox, try and find it!
(edited 9 years ago)
Detroit got screwed. Obviously PI.
The only good thing about this win is that now Seattle don't have to play Detroit. Whoever said it in the thread earlier was right: if anyone was going to stop Lynch and Wilson it was the Lions front seven. And if anyone was going to score against our secondary, it was Megatron and Tate. Still think we would have won but I can't deny I'm happier to be playing Carolina than Detroit. Will probably be closer than it looks on paper but at home I think we should pull through...
Reply 9914
Original post by Malevolent
Detroit got screwed. Obviously PI.

They also played dreadfully the whole second half.

The official thought it was face guarding, which is not a penalty. They were both getting too handsy on the play so no reason for a PI call on either end. Not sure how Dez didn't get himself an unsportsmanlike though.

There's the face mask, so if anything it would have been offsetting PIs.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by alow
They also played dreadfully the whole second half.

The official thought it was face guarding, which is not a penalty. They were both getting too handsy on the play so no reason for a PI call on either end. Not sure how Dez didn't get himself an unsportsmanlike though.

There's the face mask, so if anything it would have been offsetting PIs.

Yep. I thought there was a facemask from the reverse angle. Dez should have got the 15-yarder unsportsmanlike penalty....that was just dumb. That said, wouldn't offsetting penalties have been a replay of the down? 3rd and 1 is different from the 4th and 1 arising from a non call, or picked up flag.

Even if it was still 4th and 1, to not go for it at the DAL45 is criminal.

Most NFL coaches would have gone for it in a normal game...but at that point the Detroit offense needed a spark, and Dallas would've had to drive the 55 yards down the field anyway.

The Bengals did something similar from 4th and 3 in opposition territory. On the ensuing drive, despite the terrible, horrible, no good, very bad punt, Detroit forced a 4th and 6. A timeout later...and they make the conversion. Witten had a great game yesterday, and came up big for the Cowboys yesterday. Detroit were still winning at that point, but they lost their cool.

EDIT: here's the link to the NYTimes' Fourth-Down Bot. I know the need to punt is strong, but unless you pin them back within the 1, and the math is bad for that anyway, and have your defense force a safety, the math strongly favors going for it.
http://www.nytimes.com/newsgraphics/2013/11/28/fourth-downs/post.html
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by cant_think_of_name
The only good thing about this win is that now Seattle don't have to play Detroit. Whoever said it in the thread earlier was right: if anyone was going to stop Lynch and Wilson it was the Lions front seven. And if anyone was going to score against our secondary, it was Megatron and Tate. Still think we would have won but I can't deny I'm happier to be playing Carolina than Detroit. Will probably be closer than it looks on paper but at home I think we should pull through...

The Lions are well-built to defeat Seattle.

It playoff football though. Everyone starts out 0-0 again. Regular season victories are just the means to get to the playoff. Momentum is crucial though...and it's something the Seahawks and Panthers have in abundance.
Is this a ploy to get more out of the good city of St. Louis or a tangible sign the Rams are returning to LA?

It could be both.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000454436/article/st-louis-rams-owner-plans-to-build-stadium-in-la
Who would be a Rams fan?! They play **** football most of the time. Have the (2nd) most injured, actually passable QB in the league (I'm having Jake Locker as #1 but that is certainly a matter for debate). Michael Sam was the only reason they had any media attention and their best play all year was a special teams piece of utter ridiculousness against Seattle. Now they look like they're not going to have a team any more. Can't feel as bad for them as you could for the Browns but it's still not very good. LA as well, where they, and one other franchise has already failed because they have the fairest weather fans in the USA. Oh to be a Ram. I hope if they do move to LA, they change the name (as long as it's not to a bird) and uniforms. I like navy and gold but the horned helmets need to die a death.
Original post by Wattsy
Who would be a Rams fan?! They play **** football most of the time. Have the (2nd) most injured, actually passable QB in the league (I'm having Jake Locker as #1 but that is certainly a matter for debate). Michael Sam was the only reason they had any media attention and their best play all year was a special teams piece of utter ridiculousness against Seattle. Now they look like they're not going to have a team any more. Can't feel as bad for them as you could for the Browns but it's still not very good. LA as well, where they, and one other franchise has already failed because they have the fairest weather fans in the USA. Oh to be a Ram. I hope if they do move to LA, they change the name (as long as it's not to a bird) and uniforms. I like navy and gold but the horned helmets need to die a death.

It's sad for St. Louis, but the Rams don't belong in St. Louis. Most of the fanbase is on the west coast. It may just be a power play by Kroenke to get a stadium done in St. Louis, but it's not exactly looking good.

That said, the people of St. Louis do deserve an NFL team, after having the Cardinals ripped away from them. If the team moves back to LA, I'd expect St. Louis to get one of the next expansion teams.

Latest