The Student Room Group

Was I wrong to get angry at my girlfriend?

(edited 4 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Your girlfriend sounds **** crazy :eek:
Good luck!
She sounds like a bit of a nutjob, tbh...

Why do you skype so much? Are you in an LDR?

I think you should try to explain to her that you do not need her permission to leave the view of your webcam for a few mins, though it doesn't sound like it'll be easy to reason with her. Is she controlling in other ways too?

Posted from TSR Mobile
She sounds super clingy.
Run, man.
Sounds like you have an overly attached girlfriend.

What the hell...

Run.
That broke her heart? What?! :redface: she's definitely overreacting! Without sounding harsh, she's being very immature and should be able to cope with you leaving for a few minutes. There is no way you're in the wrong here.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
Your girlfriend sounds like a lunatic. Don't give in to her childish whims.
go no contact
Bro you require your girl's permission to pee, you need to revise that immediately.
Well have any of you guys/gals ever had a clingy ex? Cause I'm not sure if this is just normal clingy or if I just found myself Queen Clingy herself. 😰

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Lucarious30
We live quite close and see each other 4 times a week so not really a LDR, but she can be super childish and immature. Honestly I probably would of ran by now if it wasn't that she was my first so it's all the "I gotta make it work" feels.

Admittedly I can be clingy and jealous too but never restrict someone on if they need to go out or use the bathroom..
I just don't know how to deal with this!

Posted from TSR Mobile

One word. RUN! :run:
Run.

Spoiler

I actually can't believe this is real. That's how clingy this girl sounds.

I can't believe you're seeing each other that regularly, and still Skype all day?! How do you get anything done? Do you ever get to miss each other?

You need to talk to her and let her know that this is a problem... and revise how much time you're spending talking to each other. It's great to be enthusiastic about a relationship but you need time apart. To say that this is unhealthy would be an understatement. :/
Dude... You sound terribly whipped.

If you can't go to the toilet without asking then... Ahh whatever man, you're a lost cause... There's no returning for you
Original post by carlaraptor
revise how much time you're spending talking to each other. It's great to be enthusiastic about a relationship but you need time apart. To say that this is unhealthy would be an understatement. :/

Thanks for the advice guys, really taking it in :smile:

Also back to the quote above, why is it bad to spend so much time together?

I'm not complaining cause sometimes I do feel smothered but is it really that important to miss each other? Surely if you lived with someone you'd be spending all your time with them?

May be stupid questions but I'm just interested about how these things work!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Lucarious30
Thanks for the advice guys, really taking it in :smile:

Also back to the quote above, why is it bad to spend so much time together?

I'm not complaining cause sometimes I do feel smothered but is it really that important to miss each other? Surely if you lived with someone you'd be spending all your time with them?

May be stupid questions but I'm just interested about how these things work!

Posted from TSR Mobile

How long have you been together, out of interest?

I think it is important to miss each other, because it keeps the excitement in the relationship. When you miss someone, you appreciate them all the more when you do get to see them.

Most people don't choose to live together until they've been together for a significant amount of time - living together/spending that amount of time together really changes the dynamic of a relationship. It can make or break a relationship. When I was dating my ex for a year, we were really, really in love. We missed each other terribly between seeing each other (even though we saw each other at least a few days a week) and we were really serious about each other. We moved in together, and for a while it was brilliant - we got to see each other all the time. But that brought issues to the fore that we hadn't really noticed as much before, and if they're not dealt with properly, they fester and get worse.

When you spend that amount of time with each other and have made a commitment like that... you need to be open, honest and respectful to each other.

From what you've said, your girlfriend isn't being particularly respectful to you. It doesn't sound like you spend all this time together because you can't bear to be apart - it sounds like it's either out of habit, or because she basically pressures you into it (though I apologise if that's not the case/I'm assuming too much).

I'm not saying you should break up with her or anything, but maybe try and cool down the amount of communication a little and see how it goes. Try and get a conversation going and see what her feelings are - I suspect she might be a bit insecure, and needs some reassurance... but she needs to realise she can't control you/constantly communicate whenever she wants.

I see my boyfriend a few times a week, but appreciate the time we're apart a) because we're both busy/have things to do and b) I get to miss him!
Tbh im like this.
My first was horrible, she would twist every single word I say so she can take it as offence then try and guilt trip me.

It's what very insecure girls use as an approval mechanism. You can't fix these girls and they'll drain all of your masculine/life energy if you give them time of day.

Be a man and kick her to the curb.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by carlaraptor
How long have you been together, out of interest?

I think it is important to miss each other, because it keeps the excitement in the relationship. When you miss someone, you appreciate them all the more when you do get to see them.

Most people don't choose to live together until they've been together for a significant amount of time - living together/spending that amount of time together really changes the dynamic of a relationship. It can make or break a relationship. When I was dating my ex for a year, we were really, really in love. We missed each other terribly between seeing each other (even though we saw each other at least a few days a week) and we were really serious about each other. We moved in together, and for a while it was brilliant - we got to see each other all the time. But that brought issues to the fore that we hadn't really noticed as much before, and if they're not dealt with properly, they fester and get worse.

When you spend that amount of time with each other and have made a commitment like that... you need to be open, honest and respectful to each other.

From what you've said, your girlfriend isn't being particularly respectful to you. It doesn't sound like you spend all this time together because you can't bear to be apart - it sounds like it's either out of habit, or because she basically pressures you into it (though I apologise if that's not the case/I'm assuming too much).

I'm not saying you should break up with her or anything, but maybe try and cool down the amount of communication a little and see how it goes. Try and get a conversation going and see what her feelings are - I suspect she might be a bit insecure, and needs some reassurance... but she needs to realise she can't control you/constantly communicate whenever she wants.

I see my boyfriend a few times a week, but appreciate the time we're apart a) because we're both busy/have things to do and b) I get to miss him!

We've been together for 9 months, pretty much like the way things have been, in a way it is exhausting as I'm either there or at work and even when finally at home it's Skype, it may sound bad and something she still doesn't know is sometimes I say I'm not home when I am just to get some time to myself for a bit, but can never last long before she gets suspicious.. It makes me feel kinda guilty but I never know who to blame for doing it as I know it's untrustworthy and could hurt her

Everything you said is accurate and makes sense, she's had a few bad relationships with cheating guys so it sort of makes sense why she's like this (unless she was always like this.) We argue a few times a week mainly because she says I don't listen but it's because my memory is terrible and she can't seem to tell difference.

As said this is my first physical relationship so I'm not sure how common these things are but I know when explained to people online they say to break up (similar to responses on here I've noticed!)

Thanks a lot for the post!

(Probably sound really English thanking so much but I do appreciate receiving opinions)

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending