The Student Room Group

signs he isn't interested anymore?

1. We used to speak everyday
2. He's stopped initiating real conversations
3. Hadn't called in over a week
4. Only messaged me to ask where his phone case was last Monday
5. Messaged back on Tuesday to say he found it, I tried to continue the convo but it fizzled out
6. He texted me on new years eve to see if I was going out with my friends, we spoke for a little while
7. The next two days I messaged him and the conversation died, he seemed disinterested for some reason.

Ever since our last date he's been weird. I know he was expecting a kiss, but the timing wasnt right. On the way home he was cool, he offered to take me home. I got him to drop me off near my house because the road I live on is difficult to get too and would make his journey longer, it probably looked like I didn't want him to know where I lived... Right after the date he texted me and asked if I'm usually weird around guys I like,I said yes (this is me 24/7 and he knows this) he said he enjoyed spending time with me. This wasnt in response to anything I asked, he said it out the blue. So I thought it was genuine.

I know in no time I'll be over it. I just feel like I wasted so much time on him already. I rarely like anyone so yeah....what do you think?

Scroll to see replies

Have you invited him to do anything with you?
Reply 2
Original post by unprinted
Have you invited him to do anything with you?

No I haven't actually... I've only ever gone where he's suggested. I have asked when ill next see him in the past though.
Invite him to do something, giving more than one day, and see what the response is.
Reply 4
Original post by unprinted
Invite him to do something, giving more than one day, and see what the response is.

Given the responses I'm getting, I doubt he'd say yes
Are you making an effort to maintain that interest?
Reply 6
Original post by Cremated_Spatula
Are you making an effort to maintain that interest?

Can you explain what you mean by this?
Original post by Anonymous
Can you explain what you mean by this?

No offence but it just sounds like you expect him to do all the chasing :P

It wouldn't be a waste of time if you'd learnt something from it.
I have to same problem as OP even though I did stuff with the guy, admitted im falling for him but he got so mental I had to take it back and agree to be sex friend. And now...whenever k try to initiate a sexy convo he replies with "idk" or "maybe". He sometimes writes to me first but when I reply he doesn't write back....
Guess it means I should **** off?
Reply 9
No offence but it just sounds like you expect him to do all the chasing :P

It wouldn't be a waste of time if you'd learnt something from it.

No. We take it in turns to message each other. If I feel like messaging him I do. Most of the time I'd plan to call him and he 'd beat me to it.

This time around he's just not responding like he used to.
I have to same problem as OP even though I did stuff with the guy, admitted im falling for him but he got so mental I had to take it back and agree to be sex friend. And now...whenever k try to initiate a sexy convo he replies with "idk" or "maybe". He sometimes writes to me first but when I reply he doesn't write back....
Guess it means I should **** off?

I would take a step back if I were you.. But then Again I am the one who is on the same page as you... Kinda
No. We take it in turns to message each other. If I feel like messaging him I do. Most of the time I'd plan to call him and he 'd beat me to it.

This time around he's just not responding like he used to.

Messaging someone is easy and doesn't take much thought.

Organizing a date ect, on the otherhand...

You must know what I mean by "chase".
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 12
Maybe something happened on the date that made him change his mind. Think about it, it was fine before you guys went out that day and saying 'I enjoyed spending time with you' might be just a polite way of saying 'it was nice but I don't know if I want to repeat it'.

Ask him out in a way that is not forward that way he doesn't feel the need to let you down easily, if he's thinking about it. Just say 'I'm going to ____, want to tag along?' This means you were already going but wouldn't mind his company if he wants to spend time with you.
Messaging someone is easy and doesn't take much thought.

Organizing a date ect, on the otherhand...

You must know what I mean by "chase".

I get what you mean. There's just nothing I ever wanna do. I usually go with the flow,but I'll give it a go. Thanks

Original post by catsis
Maybe something happened on the date that made him change his mind. Think about it, it was fine before you guys went out that day and saying 'I enjoyed spending time with you' might be just a polite way of saying 'it was nice but I don't know if I want to repeat it'.

Ask him out in a way that is not forward that way he doesn't feel the need to let you down easily, if he's thinking about it. Just say 'I'm going to ____, want to tag along?' This means you were already going but wouldn't mind his company if he wants to spend time with you.

I thought that too..but when he's told stories about girls in the past he's mentioned how he's let her down /told her it wasnt working out and his methods of rejection were pretty straight forward.

I'll give it a go. He messaged me earlier to say hi and we've been speaking throughout the day.
I get what you mean. There's just nothing I ever wanna do. I usually go with the flow,but I'll give it a go. Thanks

I thought that too..but when he's told stories about girls in the past he's mentioned how he's let her down /told her it wasnt working out and his methods of rejection were pretty straight forward.

I'll give it a go. He messaged me earlier to say hi and we've been speaking throughout the day.

Well if you're not interested, you're not interested.

No point trying to make an effort if you're not in it for the long haul.

But it doesn't seem fair to not make an effort yourself if you actually are interested.

If a girl never invited me to do things with her the same way I invited her I'd definitely think she wasn't that interested in me (& probably back off gradually as her actions continue to confirm my belief).
Well if you're not interested, you're not interested.

No point trying to make an effort if you're not in it for the long haul.

But it doesn't seem fair to not make an effort yourself if you actually are interested.

If a girl never invited me to do things with her the same way I invited her I'd definitely think she wasn't that interested in me (& probably back off gradually as her actions continue to confirm my belief).

I've never really thought about how he must feel to be honest. The first time I asked when i would see him he was actually surprised I wanted to see him. If I'm not interested trust me I wouldn't be going out on dates for the sake of it. He messaged me yesterday and today I messaged him to say I hope he has a good day.. I know it's a small effort, but he's at work so I shall give him a call tomorrow.
I've never really thought about how he must feel to be honest. The first time I asked when i would see him he was actually surprised I wanted to see him. If I'm not interested trust me I wouldn't be going out on dates for the sake of it. He messaged me yesterday and today I messaged him to say I hope he has a good day.. I know it's a small effort, but he's at work so I shall give him a call tomorrow.

I mean I'll call him later lol

That doesn't seem like much tbh
You hoped he had a good day? Wow bet he was falling over himself with joy at receiving that text. I would suggest pushing the boat out a bit more both in texting and dating. If he's making all the effort then and not receiving any effort back its bound to be a drag in a relationship. If he can't even get a kiss of you after X amount of dates then he will picking up on your uncomfortable disposition towards him. If he feels like he's just pulling you along and your not bothered or indifferent he'll pick up on that. If he's making all the suggestions and initiating it's bound to get tiresome, you have to initiate to show you are interested particularly after it sounds like he initiated first and continues to do so. Sending bland boring text like you would to anyone is bound to die a quick death particularly if he's busy at work.

Oh and the funny part of this is that you feel that you've wasted time with him. Try being the person making the effort instead of just sitting back whining about it not all quite falling into your lap after making no effort, poor you.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Stewie2011
You hoped he had a good day? Wow bet he was falling over himself with joy at receiving that text. I would suggest pushing the boat out a bit more both in texting and dating. If he's making all the effort then and not receiving any effort back its bound to be a drag in a relationship. If he can't even get a kiss of you after X amount of dates then he will picking up on your uncomfortable disposition towards him. If he feels like he's just pulling you along and your not bothered or indifferent he'll pick up on that. If he's making all the suggestions and initiating it's bound to get tiresome, you have to initiate to show you are interested particularly after it sounds like he initiated first and continues to do so. Sending bland boring text like you would to anyone is bound to die a quick death particularly if he's busy at work.

Oh and the funny part of this is that you feel that you've wasted time with him. Try being the person making the effort instead of just sitting back whining about it not all quite falling into your lap after making no effort, poor you.

Well not really. We spoke a couple days ago and I was going to ask when we would go out again. But he beat me to it, he asked me if I wanted to do something this week, I said yeah sure and he said we could go to this bar he knows of. I asked why he always chooses where we go on dates, he joked and said well is there a third party I need to ask to make suggestions. I said no but does it bother you that I never suggest anywhere and he said ' no i thought that's how it worked and besides I make good choices'.

There is only so much the can be said in a text, it varies from time to time. We are better at conversating on the phone.he sends the same ' bland' messages to me and I think it's quite sweet, its nice to think he's thought of me and vice versa.

He knows I'm shy and it will take time for me to get comfortable and so far it doesn't seem like it is an issue. I asked how he thought things were going and he didn't seem to have any issues - so I can't really say how he feels or if he thinks I'm uncomfortable in his presence.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending