The Student Room Group

Why has vodka become so expensive?

Is it because of the sanctions against Russia si they have returned the favour it is now £20 a litre.

Scroll to see replies

Probabily Putin is aware that the western public love to get ****faced on vodka.
Original post by Guy Secretan
Is it because of the sanctions against Russia si they have returned the favour it is now £20 a litre.

I haven't noticed that much of a change. What brand do you drink? Stoli?
Original post by Stefano93
Probabily Putin is aware that the western public love to get ****faced on vodka.

If I can't get hold of my usual poison, I'll just move to another nation's vodka. Namely Poland.
Most vodka isn't even made in Russia.
because 15 year olds get it in Bargain Booze drink the whole bottle for bands then end up brain-dead and getting their stomach pumped. Possibly

lethal **** yo. Only beaten by absinthe and I have heard of an 80% brew
The putingrad stuff at lidls is fine @£15/l
Sanctions are a possibility, but maybe because more UK brands of beer and cider are available they want to beat off the competition. Not surprising with the decline and shutting down of many UK local pubs each week.

The place where I had my first ever pint shut down 2 months later (it was literally 2 flights downstairs and 30 seconds from the front door of my first year accommodation) and has now become offices :/ That place did some great karaoke nights!
There was a lot of Christmas season discounting, which has now come to an end.
Reply 9
I'd rather pay more for high quality vodka than some of the cheap brands which may as well be bleach
£20/L isn't bad for alright quality stuff. Most vodka consumed in the UK (Smirnoff and all the really cheap ones I know of) is probably produced in the UK too, so Russia has nothing to do with it. My favourite vodka typically retails at £60/L although it is produced and bottled in Russia so that will obviously add to the cost.
(edited 9 years ago)
Also I didn't just mean the actual vodka Russia produce a lot of rye etc so maybe the price of the raw materials has gone up.
I usually go for russian standard I like belvedere but it's dear
(edited 9 years ago)
I miss going to Barracuda - £4.50 for a 70cl Smirnoff Red.
Not into Vodka at all. It's all about rum :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by DiddyDec
Most vodka isn't even made in Russia.

This.
Reply 16
Original post by Smash Bandicoot
because 15 year olds get it in Bargain Booze drink the whole bottle for bands then end up brain-dead and getting their stomach pumped. Possibly

lethal **** yo. Only beaten by absinthe and I have heard of an 80% brew

absinthe is like liquorice
Reply 17
Original post by clh_hilary
This.

provide a source china boy
Minimum pricing.

Posted from TSR Mobile
It has prestige.

Also I never buy vodka. I always borrow others at pre drinks haha

Quick Reply

Latest