The Student Room Group

Cambridge Medicine applicants 2015

Scroll to see replies

Reply 620
Original post by Elishaclark2
Thank you :smile: does anyone know if St John's will send emails? Waiting until the 12th for my letter feels like a torturous wait :frown:

St John's only sends out e-mails to international applicants if I'm not mistaken. On the other hand, you can only request an e-mail after 4 working days past the 9th, so that's the Thursday the 15th the earliest. The 12th and the 13th is probably when the majority will receive their letters as I doubt Cambridge will post such large volume of letters first class (so the 10th will be very unlikely).

Good luck :smile:
Original post by Vodka
St John's only sends out e-mails to international applicants if I'm not mistaken. On the other hand, you can only request an e-mail after 4 working days past the 9th, so that's the Thursday the 15th the earliest. The 12th and the 13th is probably when the majority will receive their letters as I doubt Cambridge will post such large volume of letters first class (so the 10th will be very unlikely).

I sent my college an email to ask and they said that they will only send out an email of a copy of the letter if u havnt received the letter by the 12th. That indicates to me that most ppl would hav received it by 12 laaatest.
Reply 622
Original post by Master219
I sent my college an email to ask and they said that they will only send out an email of a copy of the letter if u havnt received the letter by the 12th. That indicates to me that most ppl would hav received it by 12 laaatest.

It differs from college to college, St John's stated in their extranet applicant's site:

Please allow at least 4 working days after this date for your letter to arrive, if it hasn't arrived after this time please email the Admissions Team ([email protected]) and ask them to email your letter, we cannot email letters until the 4 working days have passed.

But still I do hope I receive mine on the Saturday
Original post by Vodka

np :smile:

Im sure u wont have to wait till the 12th... cuz u should get ur letter on the 10/11 tbh.
Not sure actually, u can drop them an email, tho id wait till monday to send an email (if u havnt found out by then) cuz theyll b open then so theyll reply pretty quick.

Gd luck with ur application anyways!! :smile:

Thank you both for the help :smile: Good luck with your applications, hopefully we'll all be back here on the thread in a week with offers! :smile:
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Vodka
It differs from college to college, St John's stated in their extranet applicant's site:

But still I do hope I receive mine on the Saturday

I see. Well gd luck anyways!! :smile:
Original post by Elishaclark2
Thank you both for the help :smile: Good luck with your applications, hopefully we'll all be back here on the thread in a week with offers! :smile:

Np
thanks, u too!! :smile: thatll b amazing!
Original post by TheHopefulIdiot
I had one on the 10th

How did it go?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 627
Np
thanks, u too!! :smile: thatll b amazing!

To which units have u applied? bcs everywhere i go i see you.. cambridge,imperial and barts.. which ones have replied to u?
Original post by YvT1
To which units have u applied? bcs everywhere i go i see you.. cambridge,imperial and barts.. which ones have replied to u?

Haha, i applied to Cambridge, imperial kings and barts (for med obviously).
Only Cambridge (did interview) and imperial (got interview later on), barts and kings havnt yet but they were on holiday i believe so im not so fussed tbh.
Wbu?
Reply 629
Haha, i applied to Cambridge, imperial kings and barts (for med obviously).
Only Cambridge (did interview) and imperial (got interview later on), barts and kings havnt yet but they were on holiday i believe so im not so fussed tbh.
Wbu?

Well, i applied to cambridge (did interview although not hopeful) imperial (i have the interview on the 27th), barts is ignoring me and dundee (scotland) i did the interview..
you are a london person i see :tongue:
Original post by YvT1
Well, i applied to cambridge (did interview although not hopeful) imperial (i have the interview on the 27th), barts is ignoring me and dundee (scotland) i did the interview..

Basically the same options as me (And the same thoughts...), had cam interview, got imperial on the 21st and had a bristol one last year. Barts told me I had an interview last year but still have yet to give me a date ? (698 UKCAT for reference). Good luck for Cam especially btw!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by YvT1

Yh same with cam tbh, made stupid mistakes. got slaughtered.
when i was booking my imperial interview they went sooo quickly (i had to wait b4 i could book as i needed to find out when i had no assessments, mainly the ISA's in sciences) so the earliest one then was 3rd march!! (which i booked btw).

yh barts is annoying but when i emailed them they did say most candidates will receive their decision after new yr so i guess theyre back in action now. How was the dundee interview? standard?

haha yh, my home is in london so id much rather stay, unless its somewhere exceptional worth moving for (i.e. cam)...

ur all over the place lol, scotland, london, cambridge...
Original post by ellipsis...

No idea. Thought it was alright, but this is cambridge so really can't tell. Some of the questions were obvious but I sort of overcomplicated them.:s-smilie:
Reply 633
Original post by The_Top_Hat
Basically the same options as me (And the same thoughts...), had cam interview, got imperial on the 21st and had a bristol one last year. Barts told me I had an interview last year but still have yet to give me a date ? (698 UKCAT for reference). Good luck for Cam especially btw!

Posted from TSR Mobile

My ukcat is 687.5.. i have a lot of tarrif.. above 800.. but they didn't say anything.. i still hope though that they will tell me something in the next few days.. for cambridge i am not hoping though bcs i have ums 94 my gmat is awful 4.9, 5.4 and 3.5A and i can't say my interview was impressive.. :/

but i do wish you will do well!! :smile:)
Reply 634
Yh same with cam tbh, made stupid mistakes. got slaughtered.
when i was booking my imperial interview they went sooo quickly (i had to wait b4 i could book as i needed to find out when i had no assessments, mainly the ISA's in sciences) so the earliest one then was 3rd march!! (which i booked btw).

yh barts is annoying but when i emailed them they did say most candidates will receive their decision after new yr so i guess theyre back in action now. How was the dundee interview? standard?

haha yh, my home is in london so id much rather stay, unless its somewhere exceptional worth moving for (i.e. cam)...

ur all over the place lol, scotland, london, cambridge...

I was a bit scared of waiting just in case places run out.. but your is beginning so it should be fine.. yeah i am from cyprus so it i am moving away from home anyhow so it doesn't matter how much.. although if i am lucky enough to get into cam or imperial i'll be solo soooo soooo happy..!!
Original post by YvT1
I was a bit scared of waiting just in case places run out.. but your is beginning so it should be fine.. yeah i am from cyprus so it i am moving away from home anyhow so it doesn't matter how much.. although if i am lucky enough to get into cam or imperial i'll be solo soooo soooo happy..!!

Haha, im sure ull be fine, dont worry! yeh i see why u dont mind haha. same!!!!!!! ive wanted to go cam to be honest since like gcse days and before so... but i highly doubt it since my average ums was only 92.3% and bmat wasnt good (4.6 5.4 3A) and neither was my interview... we'll soon find out!!

Good luck though! :smile:
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 636
Haha, im sure ull be fine, dw! yh i see why u dont mind haha. same!!!!!!! ive wanted to go cam tbh since like gcse days and b4 so... but i highly doubt it since my avg ums was only 92.3% and bmat wasnt good (4.6 5.4 3A) and neither was my interview... we'll soon find out!!

Gd luck tho! :smile:

Yeah i got similar results.. my 3 top ums is 94% and 4 science ums is 92.9%, bmat 4.9,5.4 and 3.5A (which is low for cam) and a not so impressive interview so i highly doubt it as well.. but i don't mind if i am lucky enough to go to imperial.. i was always torn between the 2.. :smile:

Gd luck to u too.. :smile:) Patience and as u said we'll find out soon enough :wink:
Original post by YvT1
Yeah i got similar results.. my 3 top ums is 94% and 4 science ums is 92.9%, bmat 4.9,5.4 and 3.5A (which is low for cam) and a not so impressive interview so i highly doubt it as well.. but i don't mind if i am lucky enough to go to imperial.. i was always torn between the 2.. :smile:

Gd luck to u too.. :smile:) Patience and as u said we'll find out soon enough :wink:

My top 3 ums was 93.3%, (did bio chem phys maths)

Yh i would be very happy with imperial, as u said, doubt cam. haha, i hope imperial interview goes well tho, cant afford to mess that up!!

Reply 638
My top 3 ums was 93.3%, (did bio chem phys maths)

Yh i would be very happy with imperial, as u said, doubt cam. haha, i hope imperial interview goes well tho, cant afford to mess that up!!

Yeah.. imperial gets 2/3 of the people they interview.. if i miss it i will never ever forgive myself.. for cam i pretty much lost hope..

Hopefully i'll see u in imperial next year.. :tongue: imagine that!! anyhow i guess this is cambridge medicine so i'll stop referring to imperial.. :wink:
Original post by YvT1
Yeah.. imperial gets 2/3 of the people they interview.. if i miss it i will never ever forgive myself.. for cam i pretty much lost hope..

Hopefully i'll see u in imperial next year.. :tongue: imagine that!! anyhow i guess this is cambridge medicine so i'll stop referring to imperial.. :wink:

Yh, cam im done for and agreed abt impy.
hopefully ill see u next yr in cam :tongue: , imagine that!!! (if thats possible lol)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending