The Student Room Group

Veterinary Medicine 2015 hopefuls!

Scroll to see replies

Has nottingham rejected anyone at this stage? I haven't heard of anyone being rejected but I thought they would have rejected those who didn't meet the grade requirements, just wondering!
I don't know about this year, but last year notts sent out loads of rejections on 7/1/14. If you look at the 2014 thread, you will see the posts around that date. So I am preparing myself for a rejection next week. Two years in a row and nothing from them... Don't know what I am doing wrong with my notts attempts.
Has anyone who had an interview at Bristol on the Wednesday 17th December heard anything yet?
Original post by wanttobevet
I don't know about this year, but last year notts sent out loads of rejections on 7/1/14. If you look at the 2014 thread, you will see the posts around that date. So I am preparing myself for a rejection next week. Two years in a row and nothing from them... Don't know what I am doing wrong with my notts attempts.

Me too :frown: Doesnt look positive as on date! preparing myself for a rejection but again.. We never know..
haven't heard anything from any of my 4 choices (liv, surrey, ed, notts) since online questionnaire stage - shall i take this as a rejection?
Original post by elliemoriartyell
haven't heard anything from any of my 4 choices (liv, surrey, ed, notts) since online questionnaire stage - shall i take this as a rejection?

I'm exactly the same - except I applied to Bristol not Surrey - and it's really stressful!! Any advice anyone?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by WannaBeVet2015
I'm exactly the same - except I applied to Bristol not Surrey - and it's really stressful!! Any advice anyone?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Don't give up... I got my interview invite from bristol last year in January .... So they really do keep inviting, at least until quite late into the application cycle. Good luck and try to stay positive.
Original post by wanttobevet
Don't give up... I got my interview invite from bristol last year in January .... So they really do keep inviting, at least until quite late into the application cycle. Good luck and try to stay positive.

I will try! When did you hear from your other places?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Has anyone who's been predicted a B in biology been given an interview? I've had 2 rejections from bristol and Surrey, sadly I wasn't predicted the A even though I was only 5 UMS off it! I got an A in maths, Chemistry and further maths though too
Original post by Niamhmca
Has nottingham rejected anyone at this stage? I haven't heard of anyone being rejected but I thought they would have rejected those who didn't meet the grade requirements, just wondering!

For undergrad first-time apps who haven't yet taken their final exams (eg. only have predicted grades), it says on the Notts statement of admissions that they ignore these predictions and focus entirely on the qualitative questionnaire, so it won't be giving straight rejections based on grades unless you already have your final grades and they are too low.

Hey I applied to the same as you except for liv, and as far as I've heard, edinburghs only given out scottish and international interview invitations (I'm international). Surrey has been giving interviews over a prolonged period of time, and I heard notts are still giving some out in Jan. So don't give up yet!
Good luck and I hope you hear good news soon!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm a bit concerned because I replied to Nottingham's interview invite but haven't received any confirmation that they got it (I kind of panicked and sent one by post and one by email, oops). Has anyone got anything back from them?
Original post by mollyvet
For undergrad first-time apps who haven't yet taken their final exams (eg. only have predicted grades), it says on the Notts statement of admissions that they ignore these predictions and focus entirely on the qualitative questionnaire, so it won't be giving straight rejections based on grades unless you already have your final grades and they are too low.

Thank you, that makes me feel a bit better! I think my work experience was quite good and I got some very unique animals so work with so hopefully that will help!

To add on to what ShellySpielberg said (Livvy is the only one out of that list that I applied to :tongue: ), Liv is giving interviews out in batches week by week, and as far as I'm aware they've only used 4/10 of the interview dates so far. Definitely not a rejection, no news is good news! :nah:

Not heard anything from Liverpool yet, but they've still got 6 more dates to give out so there's still hope! I've not heard anything from Nottingham either and although I want to say it'll be fine and no news is good news, they did say that they've given out the majority of their interviews with only 'a handful' to be given out in January, sto be honest I'm expecting a rejection from them :s-smilie:
Hi! I'm a little late in joining this, and like nearly every other vet school hopeful I've wanted to be a vet since reading the James Herriot books when I was younger.
My name's Kate, I'm from a town near Edinburgh and I've applied this year for Edinburgh, Glasgow and Liverpool, and I really hope one day to meet some of you guys!
I have had a bit of work experience by now,
Ive worked weekly at my local vets since April, I’ve volunteered at the RDA for 2 seasons, I’ve got a few weeks in summer at 5 sisters zoo, I spent 2 weeks at the animal care unit at Oatridge, and I went lambing for a week and dairy farming for a week, I've been to chemical and biomedical labs and a cancer research research place, I've been to an abattoir, I've spent a week at the small animal hospital by the dick vet school, but probably the biggest thing that I've done is a Nuffield research project for 6 weeks over Summer. It was with the Royal dick vet school, and it was on 'a method for evaluating the adequacy of reporting animal pain management in biomedical research articles', so on lab animal welfare, it was really fabby. With that I've got a gold CREST award, I'm a finalist in the big bang young scientist of the year awards and I got to visit the Primate house in Newcastle!
I've been to my Edinburgh interview already, but my Glasgow one is this Friday! Any tips? :smile:
(this is a really great idea-I'm really mad I just found this now!)
Original post by Sennokazeni
I'm a bit concerned because I replied to Nottingham's interview invite but haven't received any confirmation that they got it (I kind of panicked and sent one by post and one by email, oops). Has anyone got anything back from them?

I sent mine by email a couple of days ago, and they replied immediately saying they had recieved my email and it would be looked at by a member of the admissions team within the next three working days, and then I got an email yesterday to see they aknowledge that I have accepted my interview, hope this helps! I know people who sent by post havent heard back yet but porbaby will by the closing date:smile:
Original post by katehassall
I sent mine by email a couple of days ago, and they replied immediately saying they had recieved my email and it would be looked at by a member of the admissions team within the next three working days, and then I got an email yesterday to see they aknowledge that I have accepted my interview, hope this helps! I know people who sent by post havent heard back yet but porbaby will by the closing date:smile:

When I sent mine(via email) I got an automated reply saying that they were out of office and would reply within 3 days but then they never did...
I'll probably email again as I have some questions about transport and stuff.
I'm 2016 too!! Fingers crossed! x
Original post by nerdie_chic
I'm 2016 too!! Fingers crossed! x

There's a thread for 2016 apps here, if that's what you're after (not that you're not welcome here, of course!) Unless you applied for deferred entry? :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending