The Student Room Group

Speech & Language Therapy 2015

Scroll to see replies

Original post by MrsMoonie
Very long day ahead of us tomorrow! I've even emailed admissions mid December so waiting for a reply from them is horrific! Am I still the only part time applicant? Boo hoo!

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'd sent a couple of emails in December as well and have only just received responses so it shows they're now back in the office and sorting through things again!

I feel as long as I get an interview somewhere I'll feel 'okay' with getting rejected haha! I just need to have that opportunity!
Original post by JordanC55
This is legit how I feel! Initially I was like 'I'll defo get an offer' not the longer I'm waiting the less confident I become

This is exactly how I feel! I was really confident after my interview but now my confidence is dwindling. Waah. I'm sat refreshing my emails in case I get a reply today!
Original post by nesca89
This is exactly how I feel! I was really confident after my interview but now my confidence is dwindling. Waah. I'm sat refreshing my emails in case I get a reply today!

Lets all hope we get some positive news today!
Still no reply for me.. Boo hoooooo! I've come to the conclusion that no news does not mean good news haha! Good luck ladies! (Are there any gents on this thread?)
Still no reply for me.. Boo hoooooo! I've come to the conclusion that no news does not mean good news haha! Good luck ladies! (Are there any gents on this thread?)

Haha it does sometimes! :smile: and yes there's a fair few on here, I think about 6 or 7 that I know of :smile:
Original post by nesca89
Haha it does sometimes! :smile: and yes there's a fair few on here, I think about 6 or 7 that I know of :smile:

sorry then lads! Whoops x
sorry then lads! Whoops x

Haha. So where have you applied to?
Heard nothing on my end either:angry:! Am I correct in thinking that you applied to BCU for part time? If so, what's the process as I may try this route myself!!!
Original post by JaaySLT
Heard nothing on my end either:angry:! Am I correct in thinking that you applied to BCU for part time? If so, what's the process as I may try this route myself!!!

Yes! It's 2 days plus 1/2 day self study.. I wanted to stay in work, so I'm able to work 3 days a week at my job as a support worker. And then go to uni on the 2 days.. I live about 40 miles from BCU too so it's a bit of a mare getting there more than that as I have a two year old and a husband to look after (yes, my husband is practically a child!)
The process is literally just attending open day, and sending your application straight to the admissions, no UCAS involved. The interview was with everyone else on the 1st December. And when I spoke to the lecturer he said I should hear back through letter by 20th December and to call if I didn't have anything by then.. So I tried but they were all broken up for Christmas so very long time twiddling my thumbs..

Posted from TSR Mobile
Thanks for the info, I think I may look into this option. What does an application for part time look like? A bit of a daft question, but I mean applying via Ucas is a straight forward format, so what's the format for a part time application? Thanks in advance for any reply!
Original post by JaaySLT
Thanks for the info, I think I may look into this option. What does an application for part time look like? A bit of a daft question, but I mean applying via Ucas is a straight forward format, so what's the format for a part time application? Thanks in advance for any reply!

You just download it off the BCU website! It's so easy! I'll try have a look for the link xx

Posted from TSR Mobile
Just got offered an interview for Newcastle on the 28th January! YIPPEE! :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin: So pleased!!

Hope you all hear something today from your unis too! x
A big congrats! First bit of good news for us today!!! Incidentally, how do people generally find out they have interviews-is it generally through Track or personal email? You must be so chuffed, congrats once again!
Original post by JaaySLT
A big congrats! First bit of good news for us today!!! Incidentally, how do people generally find out they have interviews-is it generally through Track or personal email? You must be so chuffed, congrats once again!

Thank you, I am so happy :smile:

I received an email directly from Newcastle Uni for the interview - track appears unchanged. However, when Cardiff Met offered me a place i was notified by UCAS that my track had been updated and to check it to view the change. I then received an email directly from the uni the following week. I think it just varies from uni to uni.
Ok, thank you, I'm just off to check Track and my email again lol !!!
Original post by JaaySLT
Ok, thank you, I'm just off to check Track and my email again lol !!!

Lol I think I must have checked track like 100 times today lol! x
You just download it off the BCU website! It's so easy! I'll try have a look for the link xx

Posted from TSR Mobile

When I had my interview at BCU they said that the process for part-time applications was the same as for full time, except for applying directly. I know a current student at BCU and she says that some part-time students switched to full time after the first two years of part time study, so there may be some flexibility about the length of time you can take to do the course.
Original post by shropshirelass51
When I had my interview at BCU they said that the process for part-time applications was the same as for full time, except for applying directly. I know a current student at BCU and she says that some part-time students switched to full time after the first two years of part time study, so there may be some flexibility about the length of time you can take to do the course.

Yeah, I think there is that option! It is literally the same, but a paper application. Think you can only swap every 2 years because of the modules x

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi !! Just had a chat with an Admissions Officer at BCU regarding applying part time after having already applied via UCAS. I was advised to leave my application as it is and if by some miracle I get accepted onto the course then that is the time to try to change things around and opt for part time instead of full. Additionally, I asked what was going on with regards to applications as I'm sweating over here with all the waiting and wondering! Apparently there was a slight delay in the applications getting transferred to the relevant people and as such things are a little backed up on their end. So, that means I can stop checking track for today at least, and for those of you who've already had an interview this delay in reading through applications hopefully means that they have more time to focus on getting your offers out to you!!!:biggrin: !!!
Original post by madagascar
Just got offered an interview for Newcastle on the 28th January! YIPPEE! :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin: So pleased!!

Hope you all hear something today from your unis too! x

Congratulations! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest