The Student Room Group

Old Mutual Global Investors - Investment Summer Internship

Just applied :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by Anonynmous
Just applied :smile:

Did you get an email confirmation? I didn't...
Reply 2
Original post by TkTk

No but I called them up earlier this week and they sent me an email confirming they got my application.
Reply 3
Original post by TkTk

Stats?
Reply 4
Stats?

Stats? Huh?

So, they only confirmed after you contacted them? Strange.
Reply 5
Original post by TkTk
Stats? Huh?

So, they only confirmed after you contacted them? Strange.

Like what uni you go to, any experience with AM, stuff like that :P

For me - I'm a sixth form student (I heard this was open for non uni students), No AM experience but did some work experience placements at banks, trading firms, corporate law firms etc.

Yeah... Only sort of confirmation I got before calling them was the thank you message when i clicked submit.
Reply 6
We should be hearing something this week!
We should be hearing something this week!

Thought no one knew about this internship XD I applied too :smile: or we might not hear anything if we didn't get selected. Noticed that they added a an extra assetment stage compared to last year. There are only 4 investment places :frown:
Reply 8
Original post by Aussie Dude ._.
Thought no one knew about this internship XD I applied too :smile: or we might not hear anything if we didn't get selected. Noticed that they added a an extra assetment stage compared to last year. There are only 4 investment places :frown:

Yup! - I really hope I get an interview soon.

Yeah very few places :frown:

I applied for investment too.
Yup! - I really hope I get an interview soon.

Yeah very few places :frown:

I applied for investment too.

You have any asset class preference? The waiting is driving me crazy. Very eager sixth former :wink: did you include a cover letter?
Reply 10
You have any asset class preference? The waiting is driving me crazy. Very eager sixth former :wink: did you include a cover letter?

Yes, I did include a CL :smile: - Not stated a preference within Investment on my Cover letter but I hope to be placed in either Alternatives/FI, if I actually get on (I hope lol), there's a 50% chance I get placed in either which is pretty good.

Haha yeah I am very eager lol - Want to use this experience to boost my CV for SW's hopefully.

None the less if I get up to AC thats an achievement in it's self lol - I hope my detailed answer to the £100 Q and my decent CV/CL can help me get there lol.
Yes, I did include a CL :smile: - Not stated a preference within Investment on my Cover letter but I hope to be placed in either Alternatives/FI, if I actually get on (I hope lol), there's a 50% chance I get placed in either which is pretty good.

Haha yeah I am very eager lol - Want to use this experience to boost my CV for SW's hopefully.

None the less if I get up to AC thats an achievement in it's self lol - I hope my detailed answer to the £100 Q and my decent CV/CL can help me get there lol.

I heard they only interviewed about 5% of applicants last year, so the application plays a huge role I am assuming. I said my preferred asset class was equities given my background.

If you get this you will be laughing next year, I am hoping this will give me some more AM experience to help me next year for summer internship applications.

Which firms have you worked at?
Reply 12
I heard they only interviewed about 5% of applicants last year, so the application plays a huge role I am assuming. I said my preferred asset class was equities given my background.

If you get this you will be laughing next year, I am hoping this will give me some more AM experience to help me next year for summer internship applications.

Which firms have you worked at?

LOL yeah, pretty much guaranteed SW at all the BB's xD

I really want to get this lol - I've applied for other internships too other than this so yeah wish me luck.

I don't know if its a good or bad thing stating a preference earlier on, I assumed that we will be randomly allocated to an asset class, but oh well.

My Experience include:

2 placements at American BB's, 1 at a British based BB (easy one to guess haha) in FI trading, Wealth Management, Tech and M&A.

Workshops and Insights at 2 Prop trading firms.

Workshops at 2 of the Big 4 Accounting firms

An intern at a Magic Circle law firm

Also loads of other voluntary stuff at charities and shops.
Is this still open? I am a upper sixth from student - I applied to MS, Nomura, JPM and CS - awaiting responses. Same thing here, trying to beef up my CV before the sh!tstorm that is applying for spring weeks haha

A link would be greatly appreciated!
Reply 14
Original post by tazza ma razza
Is this still open? I am a upper sixth from student - I applied to MS, Nomura, JPM and CS - awaiting responses. Same thing here, trying to beef up my CV before the sh!tstorm that is applying for spring weeks haha

A link would be greatly appreciated!

Deadline was way past - 7th december.

What's the JPM one?

MS is not open?

I've applied for Nomura and CS too.

EDIT: MS is aimed at women, JPM is not opened yet for their London programme (opening is 1st of Feb)
(edited 9 years ago)
Deadline was way past - 7th december.

What's the JPM one?

MS is not open?

I've applied for Nomura and CS too.

EDIT: MS is aimed at women, JPM is not opened yet for their London programme (opening is 1st of Feb)

****. oh well.

MS -> http://www.morganstanley.com/about/careers/insight-program.html its the mixed open day thing.
Reply 16
****. oh well.

MS -> http://www.morganstanley.com/about/careers/insight-program.html its the mixed open day thing.

Oh I did this last year. (Now just baited myself out lol)

You applied 5 months in advance :lol:
Oh I did this last year. (Now just baited myself out lol)

You applied 5 months in advance :lol:

Yeah, was it good/useful?Apply early to beat the crowds, JPM 2 years back shut down in like 1 hour of applications being open lol
LOL yeah, pretty much guaranteed SW at all the BB's xD

I really want to get this lol - I've applied for other internships too other than this so yeah wish me luck.

I don't know if its a good or bad thing stating a preference earlier on, I assumed that we will be randomly allocated to an asset class, but oh well.

My Experience include:

2 placements at American BB's, 1 at a British based BB (easy one to guess haha) in FI trading, Wealth Management, Tech and M&A.

Workshops and Insights at 2 Prop trading firms.

Workshops at 2 of the Big 4 Accounting firms

An intern at a Magic Circle law firm

Also loads of other voluntary stuff at charities and shops.

Should get interviews no problem. Which other ones have you applied for?

I know someone who got on last year and they said that they will try and accommodate your preference, also I have done equity research in the past so it would be odd if I didn't think I could add the most value in an equities role.

Take my hat off to you with your WM experience.

Aren't you apprehensive competing against uni students? :P
Reply 19
Yeah, was it good/useful?Apply early to beat the crowds, JPM 2 years back shut down in like 1 hour of applications being open lol

It was good tbh - Not the best open day i've been too but none the less very insightful.

We had to listen to an interview about why MS over every1 else, their business model etc.

Then we did some icebreaker session, then a fun activity with others.

Then we did a networking session with the F/O analysts/associates so ER, WM, IBD, S&T.

I'd say its worth it.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending