The Student Room Group

The Uni Study Thread Mark IV

Scroll to see replies

Original post by l'insegnante
I have revision notes written out but I can't bring myself to sit down and learn them :frown:

My highest similarity with turnitin was 7% which was strange as it didn't take all the books I had used into consideration nor quotation :/

That's low! My lowest was 9%

ugh I hate turnitin. It's just freaking me out atm!
Original post by paniking_and_not_revising
That's low! My lowest was 9%

ugh I hate turnitin. It's just freaking me out atm!

I've only used it for one essay though as two of my lecturers don't trust it
Original post by rayquaza17

As you're also studying and preparing for an exam in vector calculus, I was wondering if I could get your help with a question? Specifically, how to prove that the alternating tensor is a third rank isotropic tensor?

Any help would be much appreciated
I have a little longer. Well around a week and 2 days longer but I know what you mean.

I was in the library 1pm to 6pm and even though I've finally finished my coursework but I don't want to work. I just need sleep haha.

What is the highest you guys have gotten with turnitin?
I got 41% and it's scaring me!

I think my highest was 12% or so. My lowest was 2%. I don't even understand.
Original post by BeyondandAbove
I think my highest was 12% or so. My lowest was 2%. I don't even understand.

I've looked through the report and it's mostly just quotes that are highlighted.

It's still annoying me though
Original post by MathsNerd1
As you're also studying and preparing for an exam in vector calculus, I was wondering if I could get your help with a question? Specifically, how to prove that the alternating tensor is a third rank isotropic tensor?

Any help would be much appreciated

Erm we haven't done that. I'd suggest asking TeeEm in the Maths section because he's quite good at stuff like this. 😬 sorry!
Original post by rayquaza17
Erm we haven't done that. I'd suggest asking TeeEm in the Maths section because he's quite good at stuff like this. 😬 sorry!

No worries, did you do anything related to tensors and solving laplaces equation?
I have a little longer. Well around a week and 2 days longer but I know what you mean.

I was in the library 1pm to 6pm and even though I've finally finished my coursework but I don't want to work. I just need sleep haha.

What is the highest you guys have gotten with turnitin?
I got 41% and it's scaring me!

never had to use turnitin
Original post by lilGem
and its been submitted :woo:

might not see the boy till April because of snow warnings end of Jan :frown:

yay to the first,- nearly everyone I've met works on coursework the night before the due date! and boo to the second
I will get some words down for essay no2.
today is still a note making and planning day but with an aim to get some of the writing starting too. 3000 words by Wednesday is the aim!!!
There's a really interesting looking job I want to apply for, but if I get through they will want me sitting numerical reasoning tests by the end of Jan, not sure i'll be ready by then :redface: I have serious maths fear and have been going over gcse stuff for the past few weeks, but i'm not fast or overly confident yet ugh

Spoiler

Original post by jelly1000
yay to the first,- nearly everyone I've met works on coursework the night before the due date! and boo to the second

I think it's the first time I've done it in a while, but then again everyone doing biochemistry was pretty much in the same position :lol:

we're going to talk about it when he's back from the office- last time I saw him was halloween weekend :frown:
I just sat and revised for 2 hours and got a fair bit done so I took what was supposed to be a 5 minute break....20 minutes later I'm still sitting here staring at my laptop. It doesn't help that the particular topic is frustrating
Original post by lilGem
I think it's the first time I've done it in a while, but then again everyone doing biochemistry was pretty much in the same position :lol:

we're going to talk about it when he's back from the office- last time I saw him was halloween weekend :frown:

hope you can sort something out.
Original post by jelly1000
hope you can sort something out.

Same!
Okay, so exam next Wednesday, done the equivalent of a weeks worth of revision for it and I've now just decided to completely ignore one of the chapters as I get to choose the questions to answer on, shouldn't be hard at all anymore, here comes a good grade in at least one of my exams!
Now to start on the foul module, after this I'll try to stay away from analysis as much as I can!
Original post by MathsNerd1
Now to start on the foul module, after this I'll try to stay away from analysis as much as I can!

Real, complex or fourier?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending