The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Men want virgins to marry. Let me explain please.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 260
Original post by Snagprophet
I think the closest to this I've had is me and my first sex losing our virginities together.

That is so nice. I would like that for myself as well
Reply 261
Original post by Josb
It's so exciting to see blood in the sheets.

Hahaha. Heeheehee. I laughed so hard at this
Reply 263
Original post by bertstare
The more the bedroom looks like a crime scene, the better IMO

Haha. I like that
Reply 264
Original post by holmes221

*GASP* yes I did. Naughty me. Heehee
Original post by Ekemini
*GASP* yes I did. Naughty me. Heehee

The joke goes further than that though
Original post by Ekemini
The one I know I wont be able to do is not kiss till marriage. That is...that is..... Oh my goodness no

I completely agree with everything you're saying, Ekemimi. It's so nice to hear that someone else has the same view as me. If I ever let myself get tempted and gave in I would end up feeling so guilty - some stuff just has to stay until after the 'I dos'.

And Joshdale, if I may say so I am actually quite pretty, Religion is not 'BS' (as you so nicely put it) and the whole point is that you are able to wait five years - or however long - because you are prepared to wait for someone who is so special that they are worth waiting for.
Original post by Snagprophet
I think the closest to this I've had is me and my first sex losing our virginities together. Seems a bit weird to want only virgins though.

What's the point in staying a virgin yourself if you're just going to go and marry someone who has lost their virginity? Then there is no point whatsoever in 'staying pure'?!!
Reply 268
Original post by Banana00
I completely agree with everything you're saying, Ekemimi. It's so nice to hear that someone else has the same view as me. If I ever let myself get tempted and gave in I would end up feeling so guilty - some stuff just has to stay until after the 'I dos'.

And Joshdale, if I may say so I am actually quite pretty, Religion is not 'BS' (as you so nicely put it) and the whole point is that you are able to wait five years - or however long - because you are prepared to wait for someone who is so special that they are worth waiting for.

When did I say religion is BS
Original post by Ekemini
When did I say religion is BS

Ekemimi, I'm so sorry! I meant Joshdale. Sorry if I offended anyone.:colondollar:
Sorry Joshdale, too, my post sounds really mean - I just didn't agree with some of what you said but whoa, everyone's different so let's be friends :P
Ekemimi, I'm so sorry! I meant Joshdale. Sorry if I offended anyone.:colondollar:
Sorry Joshdale, too, my post sounds really mean - I just didn't agree with some of what you said but whoa, everyone's different so let's be friends :P

now i just sound really weird hahaha
Original post by Ekemini
I wasn't brain washed. It may be what society expects of me but that is their business. It is what I want for myself. I would also like it if the men remained virgins as well. I have heard of a few men who are virgins(not because they cant get any) but because they want the sex to be special

You sure about that?

I know we can never prove it, but I would bet all my money that the majority of girls like you who think it is what they want, would not want that had they grown up in the western world.

Why are many more people from Dallas, fans of the Mavericks than there fans of the Lakers in Dallas? It is also what society there expects of them, and they think it is what they want. Now go to LA, why is it the other way round?

I truly feel sorry for you and others like you, that are happy with being second rate citizens, and don't even realize it.
It's fine but this should apply to both genders, not only women. There are actually some benefits to this. For example, there will be less STDs and fewer illegitimate children (which can be a problem for the kids because the dad usually leaves)
Reply 273
now i just sound really weird hahaha

No probs. We can be friends
Original post by Ekemini
Ok I know the title might offend some people. I am notcalling girls who are not virgin’s sluts. Over there in America or UK it isprobably not a big deal but here it is. I am African and we value values. Ifyou are not a virgin and you get married, the husband would find out (obviously)and you become a disgrace to yourself as well as your family... My dad puts itlike this: you can’t have your cake and eat it too. To Africans (ok Nigerians)the men would want you to be a virgin. My dad says that’s why I should beware ofboys. They would sleep around and do what they want but when they are lookingfor a wife they would be looking for a virgin. He gave me an example. At a friend’swedding after the ceremony a couple of men stood and started talking about thebride. What were they saying? Well they were talking about how they each hadhad a piece of the girl. They were boasting and bragging. She wasn’t a virginand all those men had slept with her. I can’t really remember if the groom overheardthem but my dad asks that why would a girl want that kind of a reputation? Why couldn’tshe just wait? Why is she such in a hurry? It’s a thing of pride if a father cangive off his daughter as a virgin. It shows that the girl was brought up rightand society would respect those parents. The questions and statements made in the last few lines were made by my dad, not me. What do you guys think?

Imagine if every man slept around. Since sleeping around involves a female (in this case), it would be highly unlikely that virgins existed. You can't eat the only cake and try to eat it again.
Reply 275
Original post by SarcasticMel
You sure about that?

I know we can never prove it, but I would bet all my money that the majority of girls like you who think it is what they want, would not want that had they grown up in the western world.

Why are many more people from Dallas, fans of the Mavericks than there fans of the Lakers in Dallas? It is also what society there expects of them, and they think it is what they want. Now go to LA, why is it the other way round?

I truly feel sorry for you and others like you, that are happy with being second rate citizens, and don't even realize it.

OK sir. *Salute*
Reply 276
Original post by Juichiro
Imagine if every man slept around. Since sleeping around involves a female (in this case), it would be highly unlikely that virgins existed. You can't eat the only cake and try to eat it again.

But virgins do exist. I personally would love it if both the men and women remained virgins till marriage
Original post by Eva.Gregoria
The same men judging her about not begin a virgin all slept around too. Why aren't they shamed as well?

Because it's actually a difficult thing for them to do.
Reply 278
Original post by silverbells
It's fine but this should apply to both genders, not only women. There are actually some benefits to this. For example, there will be less STDs and fewer illegitimate children (which can be a problem for the kids because the dad usually leaves)

It should apply to both genders I agree.
Original post by Ekemini
If you read further you would have seen it is not My mentality even though I want to be a virgin when I get married but so also do I want the guy I am getting married to be a virgin as well.

I know it's not your mentality. You said that in the OP. But you can apply reason when discussing it with people who hold those views.

Latest

Trending

Trending