The Student Room Group
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website

University of Nottingham 2015 Entry?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by brownjelly
Woah, congrats again!! :biggrin: Yeah, it is :smile: I've applied to rhul, kent, brunel and surrey. So far I've only heard from nottingham and rhul, both conditional and both ABB :s-smilie: haha. I'm an international applicant btw, where are you from? :biggrin:

:biggrin: well done! Both great unis and I'm sure you'll hear from the others soon! Maybe see you next year!! I'm from near London, what about you? What instrument do you play btw? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website
Original post by helenb96
:biggrin: well done! Both great unis and I'm sure you'll hear from the others soon! Maybe see you next year!! I'm from near London, what about you? What instrument do you play btw? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks! :smile: Where else have you applied to? Oh cool, I'm from Malaysia :biggrin: Violin :tongue: how 'bout you?
Original post by brownjelly
Thanks! :smile: Where else have you applied to? Oh cool, I'm from Malaysia :biggrin: Violin :tongue: how 'bout you?

I applied to Nottingham, Durham, Bristol, York and Edinburgh but as soon as I got into Nottingham and Durham I rejected the other three! I play cello :smile:
Original post by helenb96
I applied to Nottingham, Durham, Bristol, York and Edinburgh but as soon as I got into Nottingham and Durham I rejected the other three! I play cello :smile:

Haha nice! Congrats again on your offers! :biggrin: Wow the cello's lovely :smile: Would have loved to play it but there aren't any cello teachers where I live :frown:
Reply 744
Hey:smile:

Has anyone applied for the MA social work at nottingham or is this an undergraduate forum?
Reply 745
Original post by Skill Twix
Has anyone heard for Economics?Still waiting.Applied 2 weeks ago!

Got an offer for economics but they want me to get A*AAB ������������������������ gonna have to work my socks off!
Hi!! I applied to economics and international economics. Didn't receive any letters of acknowledgement but I just got an unconditional offer from them :smile:
Reply 747
Has anyone heard about an Offer holders day? Im an International applicant and was planning a trip to the UK to check the places out!
Original post by Shaurr
Has anyone heard about an Offer holders day? Im an International applicant and was planning a trip to the UK to check the places out!

I think it depends on the department of your course. For lanugages I got an email saying that I was being offered a place and would get a mailing in the post instructing me on how to book an open day. The info was attached in the email but it took 1-2 weeks for the mail to get to me. If you're concerned you could email or phone the uni/department to ask about the visit days available to you.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I have an offer for music which is unconditional if I firm it. I'm struggling to pick between Nottingham and conservatoire!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by eantonina
I have an offer for music which is unconditional if I firm it. I'm struggling to pick between Nottingham and conservatoire!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yay! Another music student! :biggrin: I guess it depends on whether you want to do nothing but music or if you want a more rounded experience (e.g. Sport, meeting people who aren't musicians, etc...). :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 751
I got an offer of A*ABB for economics a while ago. Does anyone know the likelihood of me getting accepted if I got 4 As and no A*?
Has anyone applied for deferred entry?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 753
Im an internation student, i will apply for neuroscience. What do u guys think are my chances?
Other choices are
2.Keele
3.reading
4.essex
5.sussex or leeds

Posted from TSR Mobile
Is anyone else still waiting to hear from Nottingham for Law? Its the only university that hasn't got back to me yet and I'm panicking slightly!
I got an offer from Birmingham so surely my LNAT can't have gone that bad!?
Original post by Tinkerem
Is anyone else still waiting to hear from Nottingham for Law? Its the only university that hasn't got back to me yet and I'm panicking slightly!
I got an offer from Birmingham so surely my LNAT can't have gone that bad!?

My friend had an offer for law about two weeks before Christmas. Offer was A*AA

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Leanne1455
My friend had an offer for law about two weeks before Christmas. Offer was A*AA

Posted from TSR Mobile

Congratulations to her :smile: is it her first choice? Hopefully I hear something soon :frown:
Original post by snikutsmullac
Awesome, what AS-Levels are you doing? What are the entry requirements?

I'm hoping to do law - Nottingham is one of the best law schools in the country. It looks so hard to get into, their entry requirements are higher than Oxford... but from what I hear, most people get made lower offers!

I know a few lawyers here and all of them were made lower offers than their required.
Original post by Tinkerem
Congratulations to her :smile: is it her first choice? Hopefully I hear something soon :frown:

She's deciding between nottingham and Durham at the moment. Nottingham is one of the best law schools in the country though so the high entrance grades are understandable

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Leanne1455
She's deciding between nottingham and Durham at the moment. Nottingham is one of the best law schools in the country though so the high entrance grades are understandable

Posted from TSR Mobile

Many lawyers do a different degree to Law then do the LPC vis a training contract with a Law firm. You have to be good (AAA and A level plus a 2.1 from a top 10-15 uni), but it is manageable for someone good enough for Notts Law school.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending