The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 520
Original post by L'Evil Fish
Haha that's crazy, which course? I wouldn't let my friend apply to Christ's too...

I and 3 other friends all applied to christs, one for Natsci like me, so its not gonna be fun for any of us next week probably
Original post by bafid
I and 3 other friends all applied to christs, one for Natsci like me, so its not gonna be fun for any of us next week probably

Were his stats as scary as yours?
Original post by jneill
Ultimately it's the subject DoS (Director of Studies) who decides, not admissions tutors.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Original post by aersh8
By the way where did you find that out?

Ah, hold on I'm wrong...

"De-selection decisions should be made in consultation with the relevant Director(s) of Studies, with the ultimate decision resting with the Admissions Tutor."

http://www.admin.cam.ac.uk/offices/admissions/handbook/section1/1_4.html

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 523
Original post by L'Evil Fish
Were his stats as scary as yours?

No, lower than yours, just short of auto pool, but he won't shut up about how his interview went really well which is annoying

ahaha thanks man, yours arent that different tbh I thought my interview was horribly average so im hoping for fished at best with the number of applicants - good luck, Im sure youll post on here the result but pm me otherwise, ill be interested in other christs natscis!
Reply 524

Yeah that's the one! This is much more painful to read so close to the decision :facepalm2:
Both my interviews were with DoSes. One I'm pretty sure I did well in - it's poetry! If I don't do well at poetry having been a poet for three years I'm a bit buggered - and the other not so well - I keep replaying it over in my mind - I'm so nervous.
Original post by jneill
Ah, hold on I'm wrong...

"De-selection decisions should be made in consultation with the relevant Director(s) of Studies, with the ultimate decision resting with the Admissions Tutor."

Posted from TSR Mobile

Consider that this article is written concerning invitation to interview not final decisions
Good Luck Everyone! I feel so nervous now :frown:
Reply 528

This article shows a really scary focus on the school you go to... as someone who goes to a private school it makes it seem like a no mercy approach :s
Original post by JamesJL
Consider that this article is written concerning invitation to interview not final decisions

Yeah true. And it surprises me. I'd have thought the DoSs would decide who they take on their course. After all they are the subject leaders.

After all, in the world of business the line managers ultimately decide who they employ, not the HR department...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Jasey
This article shows a really scary focus on the school you go to... as someone who goes to a private school it makes it seem like a no mercy approach :s

It's a great article that makes me feel a bit sick - I go to a pretty good private school and so I'm scared they'll be harsher on me. Also, the 'individual modules' thing also makes me want to throw up a bit.
Original post by jneill
Ah, hold on I'm wrong...

Posted from TSR Mobile

I think that's regarding interview offers.

Original post by Elcor
Yeah that's the one! This is much more painful to read so close to the decision :facepalm2:

It's terrible isn't it? It's made me so much more nervous.
When I came back to school today, it seemed like everyone and their mother wanted to know if I'd heard back yet. I've started saying that I don't know what they're talking about to avoid the embarrassment come next monday :lol:
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 532
Original post by paradoxicalme
Both my interviews were with DoSes. One I'm pretty sure I did well in - it's poetry! If I don't do well at poetry having been a poet for three years I'm a bit buggered - and the other not so well - I keep replaying it over in my mind - I'm so nervous.

Ooh! It's now your duty to write us all a poem in this thread each day up 'til - and including - the 10th.:tongue:
Reply 533
Original post by paradoxicalme
It's a great article that makes me feel a bit sick - I go to a pretty good private school and so I'm scared they'll be harsher on me. Also, the 'individual modules' thing also makes me want to throw up a bit.

I just didn't like how that girl from a 'leading private school' had her years of hard work dismissed like that at all. It's an insightful article but it's made me feel 100000x more nervous, especially since in the context of my school my GCSEs are average so they might have a super harsh approach to me too:frown:
Original post by Jasey

Perhaps, but I'm sure you'll be fine anyway!! :tongue:
Original post by Jasey
I just didn't like how that girl from a 'leading private school' had her years of hard work dismissed like that at all. It's an insightful article but it's made me feel 100000x more nervous, especially since in the context of my school my GCSEs are average so they might have a super harsh approach to me too:frown:

From what I read, the girl from the leading private school sounded like she didn't really think the way they wanted and she didn't really know what was going on. Sometimes people at private schools are spoon-fed - I hate it when people say 'all private school people are spoon-fed' but occasionally it does happen. Or she works better in a lesson environment than the interview environment.

Dude. You have a 100% top three average. ​If they don't let you in they're on crack.
Original post by bafid
No, lower than yours, just short of auto pool, but he won't shut up about how his interview went really well which is annoying

ahaha thanks man, yours arent that different tbh I thought my interview was horribly average so im hoping for fished at best with the number of applicants - good luck, Im sure youll post on here the result but pm me otherwise, ill be interested in other christs natscis!

Lol, as mean as it sounds it's funny when people think they've smashed it when they really haven't.

Yours are much higher :laugh: I'll pm you about interview actually, curious about some things
Original post by Jasey

I don't go to a private school - but what I will say is that 100% UMS is rare wherever you go, I don't think academics will let you down. Anyone know how they regard state schools which only admit about a handful of applicants every couple of years?
Original post by Elcor
Ooh! It's now your duty to write us all a poem in this thread each day up 'til - and including - the 10th.:tongue:

On Reinterview Calls Starting Tomorrow:

argh
argh argh argh
argh

*awaits applause*
Original post by JamesJL
I don't go to a private school - but what I will say is that 100% UMS is rare wherever you go, I don't think academics will let you down. Anyone know how they regard state schools which only admit about a handful of applicants every couple of years?

It more depends on how good your state school is and how good their results are. :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending