The Student Room Group
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London

Imperial College Medical Applicants 2015 entry

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Cosmocos
Yeah that makes sense. Can't believe I've made it this far with my AS grades and my BMAT was very average if not below.Maybe my personal statement made up for that.

Anyways that for reassuring me :smile: I think I have a better idea as to what to expect now

Yh ikr!!! my bmat was quite bad... (4.6 5.4 3A lol...) surprised i got an interview! but i guess it shows that bmat isnt their primary factor this yr otherwise im pretty sure i wouldv been the first to be rejected haha.

No worries :smile:
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London
Original post by Futuremedic2096
Guys help
Do you think when they ask about work experience do you think two well developed examples are sufficient
I've also seen that one of the interview check boxes is "Ability to multitask" how does one show this

Guysssssss
Interview tomorrow but I'm cool as ice since, no matter what happens, I'll still have my very large penis.
Original post by diseasedneckbeard
Interview tomorrow but I'm cool as ice since, no matter what happens, I'll still have my very large penis.

You do make me laugh
When is your interview/ are you touring?
Guys help
Do you think when they ask about work experience do you think two well developed examples are sufficient
I've also seen that one of the interview check boxes is "Ability to multitask" how does one show this

Depends on the context imo. ill explain, since the more examples u hav, the more possible examples u have to back up wt u say in many different situations. So lets say u had 2 examples, one about how a doctor dealt with stress and one about how a doctor spoke gave bad news to a patient. But the interview q is based around ethical then from those 2 examples u hav there isnt much u can refer to with regards to ethical. So imo, try to recall as many different examples as u can and expand on them a lot. this way ur ready for any type of qs they throw at u and u can back up with examples (well explained and thought throo) which makes sure they know u were paying attention in ur work exp and u learnt stuff from it. If ur unlucky enough to hav the 2 examples and they ask u about something completely different that u cant relate the examples to then it just makes u sound a bit boring, but if u can expand the 2 examples to a lot of different contexts then it may show them uve thought a lot. So rlly just depends the breadth of the examples.

about the multitasking, take in a pen and spin it in ur fingers while simultaneously listening and then simultaneously answering and giving eye contact - alot of multitasking there imo. or try to breath in and out while u r speaking without stopping speaking...:cool:
Original post by Master219
Depends on the context imo. ill explain, since the more examples u hav, the more possible examples u have to back up wt u say in many different situations. So lets say u had 2 examples, one about how a doctor dealt with stress and one about how a doctor spoke gave bad news to a patient. But the interview q is based around ethical then from those 2 examples u hav there isnt much u can refer to with regards to ethical. So imo, try to recall as many different examples as u can and expand on them a lot. this way ur ready for any type of qs they throw at u and u can back up with examples (well explained and thought throo) which makes sure they know u were paying attention in ur work exp and u learnt stuff from it. If ur unlucky enough to hav the 2 examples and they ask u about something completely different that u cant relate the examples to then it just makes u sound a bit boring, but if u can expand the 2 examples to a lot of different contexts then it may show them uve thought a lot. So rlly just depends the breadth of the examples.

about the multitasking, take in a pen and spin it in ur fingers while simultaneously listening and then simultaneously answering and giving eye contact - alot of multitasking there imo. or try to breath in and out while u r speaking without stopping speaking...:cool:

I know of course I meant if they ask the "tell us about your work experience" two detailed examples would be enough
I was thinking of uni cycling in whilst fire breathing and making a soufflé
Does anyone have an interview this Wednesday??
I know of course I meant if they ask the "tell us about your work experience" two detailed examples would be enough
I was thinking of uni cycling in whilst fire breathing and making a soufflé

Yh i think so, theyll probs stop u after 1 cuz itll take too much time, time is precious only 15 mins...
Or that lol
gd luck with ur interview tomoro!! (It is tomoro right?)
Original post by Master219
Yh i think so, theyll probs stop u after 1 cuz itll take too much time, time is precious only 15 mins...
Or that lol
gd luck with ur interview tomoro!! (It is tomoro right?)

Yeah that's true
It is indeed Thankyou ever so much :biggrin:
Reply 589
hi guys. does anyone remember the bmat question on dangerous speech? Cos like i don't. How would they use that in the interview
Reply 590
Original post by Blueberry13
Does anyone have an interview this Wednesday??

OMG I do, at 16:30.
Yeah that makes sense. Can't believe I've made it this far with my AS grades and my BMAT was very average if not below.Maybe my personal statement made up for that.

Anyways that for reassuring me :smile: I think I have a better idea as to what to expect now

What was your bmat if you don't mind my asking? It's just because mine wasn't too great either and I'm hearing that other people with below average BMAT's got interviews so idk maybe there's still hope! 😃
I literally fell in love with imperial when I went to visit, I'll be gutted if I can't go there :frown:
Original post by Elshad
OMG I do, at 16:30.

Oooo mine's at 15:30 ... but I'll be there for the tour :smile: will you??
Does anyone know when Imperial will finish sending out invites for interviews?
Original post by skizzle
Does anyone know when Imperial will finish sending out invites for interviews?

They mentioned it in their pre-Xmas email. Mid to end of January if I'm not mistaken :smile:
Original post by simranchhugani
They mentioned it in their pre-Xmas email. Mid to end of January if I'm not mistaken :smile:

Can't seem to find this email, do you know what date it was sent?
Last email I received from them was on the 26th November :s-smilie: (unless you count the email on bursaries on the 17th Dec.)

Do you mind sending me what the email said please?
(edited 9 years ago)
What are they if you don't mind me asking?

Bs in biology, maths and physics
D in chemistry and A in French
GCSEs: 3A* 4A 4B and D in art
BMAT 4.4,5.4,2.5B
I'm more than certain that it's my personal statement that got me through
I'm more than certain that it's my personal statement that got me through

Still, well done Nethertheless
I have got a question. I have already booked my interview, but on my UCAS track I have noticed that my application for Imperial has been unsuccessful.

Can anyone tell me if this is unusual?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending