Cass business school Entry 2015 Enquiry Watch

TMC_AMB
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
I am currently studying a BTEC in business and am predicted a D*D*D* and I also have a B in GCSE maths and C in English.

They entry for BSc Management is DDD with an A in maths GCSE.

Is there still a chance of me getting accepted on this course with a D*D*D* and B in GCSE maths?

Also, how competitive is this course/ Uni?
gr8wizard10
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by TMC_AMB)
I am currently studying a BTEC in business and am predicted a D*D*D* and I also have a B in GCSE maths and C in English.

They entry for BSc Management is DDD with an A in maths GCSE.

Is there still a chance of me getting accepted on this course with a D*D*D* and B in GCSE maths?

Also, how competitive is this course/ Uni?
Why not email the admissions department directly. The courses offered by Cass Business School are generally more cometitive than the other courses offered by the university.
Bobubnuz
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I am currently taking IB Diploma and I am interested in BSc Investment and Finance Risk Management. The entry requirement stated that they require 35 IB points with minimum of 6,6,6, in Higher Level and 5 in all Standard Level subject.

I am currently being predicted 38 points; 7 (HL Business and Management), 7 (HL Economics), 7 (HL Biology), 7 (SL Spanish ab initio), 5 (SL Mathematics) and 4 (SL English A: Literature).

I am really worried about this because this course is my first choice and I want to know what you guys think whether I will still be considered as I have higher total points than the requirement.

Should I still apply to this university or suck it up and apply to other universities because I might have less chance to get in.
Ialpha
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Still time for 2015 entry applications I guess. Drop an email to admissions but before that thoroughly check the website for entry requirements. Use the search function on TSR to find similar cases and solutions if any.

If you are visiting London look out for Open Days. If they don't have one, see if they are willing to meet you in person - at times they accommodate such requests.
Imzee15
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I have BBB in As level as well as meet all the pre-requisites for Bsc management At city university London. Any idea if i would be extended an offer or not?
Imzee15
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I got BBB at As level as well as meet all the pre-requisites of Bsc management. My predicted are BBB as well as my recommendations are good. Would i extended an offer or not?
gr8wizard10
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Imzee15)
I got BBB at As level as well as meet all the pre-requisites of Bsc management. My predicted are BBB as well as my recommendations are good. Would i extended an offer or not?
How are we to know?
TMC_AMB
Rep:
?
srsly..... I ask a question and u ask me the same question........

Re-evaluate your situation or press CTRL-ALT-DEL ENTER x2.
gr8wizard10
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
srsly..... I ask a question and u ask me the same question........

Re-evaluate your situation or press CTRL-ALT-DEL ENTER x2.
Were you extended an offer in the end?
Computer Geek
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Erm, not that this helps or anything at all, but I got an offer from Cass for IFRM for 3 As during clearing but I gave it up after hearing a few people got in with 3 Bs, and how Cass doesn't really offer anything in the way of accommodation and they're a London school! If they're so committed to keeping themselves away from City, then why not commit to buying some accommodation for your students to live in (I just thought it was really stupid)

Just wait till clearing, you'll be surprised what they accept.
gr8wizard10
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Thahleel)
Erm, not that this helps or anything at all, but I got an offer from Cass for IFRM for 3 As during clearing but I gave it up after hearing a few people got in with 3 Bs, and how Cass doesn't really offer anything in the way of accommodation and they're a London school! If they're so committed to keeping themselves away from City, then why not commit to buying some accommodation for your students to live in (I just thought it was really stupid)

I'm currently a 1st year IFRM student at Cass, A levels A*A*A. I know people on the course with ABB although. Nonetheless, strong brand name for IB and excellent course, that's all that really matters to me. Been offered a spot at BAMLs SW programme and have interviewed for several others inc. Morgan Stanley, HSBC, BarCap, ICAP..

Nonetheless, all the best with your future decisions.
Computer Geek
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Anonynous)
I'm currently a 1st year IFRM student at Cass, A levels A*A*A. I know people on the course with ABB although. Nonetheless, strong brand name for IB and excellent course, that's all that really matters to me. Been offered a spot at BAMLs SW programme and have interviewed for several others inc. Morgan Stanley, HSBC, BarCap, ICAP..

Nonetheless, all the best with your future decisions.
Wow why? With A*A*A you coulda gotten into Oxford/LSE/Warwick/UCL for something like Econ or Management. I do respect you for staying at Cass tho, I personally couldn't, because banks usually don't even look at people with ABB/BBB at A Level, they just laugh those kinds of people away. Thanks.
gr8wizard10
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Wow why? With A*A*A you coulda gotten into Oxford/LSE/Warwick/UCL for something like Econ or Management. I do respect you for staying at Cass tho, I personally couldn't, because banks usually don't even look at people with ABB/BBB at A Level, they just laugh those kinds of people away. Thanks.
The course and the university environment is what struck it for me.

I was interning at an IB during this summer and a lot of the people held Cass in high regards so it was a good bet. Has good connections to industry and London is a prime location.

LSE/UCL didn't offer any courses I was interested in.
TMC_AMB
Rep:
?

Is that in 2014 or 2013 admission?

Are you still studying there?
Computer Geek
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Is that in 2014 or 2013 admission?

Are you still studying there?
2014 admission, never studied there to begin, personally wouldn't recommend it over studying at a decent red brick.
sejal-kaur
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Hey everyone, theres a group on FB set up for all City Applicants and Offer holders!

https://www.facebook.com/groups/780991818642858/
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA A-level Chemistry Paper 3 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (39)
30.71%
The paper was reasonable (61)
48.03%
Not feeling great about that exam... (13)
10.24%
It was TERRIBLE (14)
11.02%

Watched Threads