The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Sorry for my noobiness, but can someone explain to me what investment banking is?
Thanks
Original post by l1lvink
Sorry for my noobiness, but can someone explain to me what investment banking is?
Thanks

Investment Banks in a nutshell are firms which connect people who have surplus funds to people who want to raise capital. They offer a whole host of services.

Here's a great article from TSR: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/wiki/Investment_Banking
Original post by l1lvink
Thanks

http://bit.ly/1BC6ndZ
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Anonynous
Investment Banks in a nutshell are firms which connect people who have surplus funds to people who want to raise capital. They offer a whole host of services.

Here's a great article from TSR: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/wiki/Investment_Banking

Ah, that explains it.
Thanks a lot :smile:
Is it like that for everyone regarding Barclays? Also have "invited to interview" on my application

Edit: My friend hasn't received anything, so i guess that's good for us who has? Or what the f is up?
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 3825
ive just completed RBS logical test. i cant say how easy or difficult it was. anyone how long they'd take in getting back to me after this stage ?
Reply 3826
Original post by Hobes1
RBS logical is pretty horrible, but the percentage to pass is quite low - practise as much as you can before. :smile:

thank you :smile:

it wasnt as bad as I thought but then i cant say if id done good
I'm the same position with regards to Barclays.

Barclays have yet to interview their Front Office applicants. When they're ready to do so, they will email us detailing the details of phone interview.

Just wait for a little longer.
Original post by curiouscyrus
I'm the same position with regards to Barclays.

Barclays have yet to interview their Front Office applicants. When they're ready to do so, they will email us detailing the details of phone interview.

Just wait for a little longer.

So, in other words, this means we will have an interview?
GS IBD apps are under review now, well mine is. No change for Securities and GIR for me.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by B-Stacks
GS IBD apps are under review now, well mine is. No change for Securities and GIR for me.

Posted from TSR Mobile

So it begins :cool:
Original post by B-Stacks

Posted from TSR Mobile

Any info on IM?
Original post by Aussie Dude ._.
Any info on IM?

Login and check your status.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3833
Original post by mco10
ive just completed RBS logical test. i cant say how easy or difficult it was. anyone how long they'd take in getting back to me after this stage ?

I sat the tests mid October and haven't heard since. I assume I'm out
Reply 3834
Original post by CD315
I sat the tests mid October and haven't heard since. I assume I'm out

you should email hr?

btw anyone knows CITI . RBS and BAML spring week dates ?
For those with an 'invited to interview' status, yes.

Why else would Barclays say that!

Haha
Original post by Aussie Dude ._.
Any info on IM?

Yes, for me IBD and IMD are under review and Opps is still 'application received'.
Just checked my GS status. Cannot believe that I only applied to 1 division, and that was IBD as well. Kick in the teeth!
Original post by $$$stackemup$$$
Just checked my GS status. Cannot believe that I only applied to 1 division, and that was IBD as well. Kick in the teeth!

I really don't think applying I more than one is an advantage/a good thing

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Aenigma
I really don't think applying I more than one is an advantage/a good thing

Posted from TSR Mobile

Seconded, you would have to split your personal statement, and with the level of competition, you don't want to spread yourself too thin

Latest

Trending

Trending