The Student Room Group

The WWE Society II

Scroll to see replies

Reply 100
Shame we aren't getting a BNB face turn. Good to see him with the belt, though, because hopefully that means bigger things for Ziggler.

How many times can Ambrose take a loss without it hurting his rep? He needs to beat Wyatt clean soon. I hope that wasn't the definitive end to their rivalry.

Also, imagine if Rollins is the champ AND MITB holder. Still think Lesnar will drop the title at WM31 to Reigns, though, with Rollins cashing in that night.
I dont think Reigns is quite good enough yet. Hes strong and everything but theres just something that he doesnt quite have yet for me.

I also think Ziggler has came on leaps and bounds recently.. He will be a big contender soon. Id rather have BNB (hes a brit after all :wink: ) be IC champ than Luke harper

Posted from TSR Mobile
Ziggler has been a future star for years now. He's only won the title with a deus ex machina briefcase and barely held onto it for very long. Maybe things will be different, maybe Triple H is more in charge and wants him pushed, but WWE just aren't that into him.
Original post by ozzyoscy
Ziggler has been a future star for years now. He's only won the title with a deus ex machina briefcase and barely held onto it for very long. Maybe things will be different, maybe Triple H is more in charge and wants him pushed, but WWE just aren't that into him.

Ahh cool. Ive missed the past 6 years ish of WWE.

Id put Cesaro in the 'lots of potential but something not quite there' category too

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 104
Original post by heavyhandscott
I dont think Reigns is quite good enough yet. Hes strong and everything but theres just something that he doesnt quite have yet for me.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Nowhere near good enough.

Unsure why WWE keep putting matches like him and Show on TV when they are clearly set to battle one-on-one at Fast Lane. It's nonsensical from a business POV.
Original post by Mackay
Nowhere near good enough.

Unsure why WWE keep putting matches like him and Show on TV when they are clearly set to battle one-on-one at Fast Lane. It's nonsensical from a business POV.

WWE have a PPV called Fast Lane? Is that the lamest PPV name ever?
Reply 106

Yeah, it's replaced Elimination Chamber. It's between that and December to Dismember for me.

Yeah, even the PPV names are PG.

Unforgiven, Vengance, Judgment Day, No Way Out sound so badass and would be if wwe wasnt PG...

But the whole PG and kiddies thing brings the money. in attitude era, WWE was for the careers of everyone more than money (of course they wanted to make lots too)
Original post by Mackay
Shame we aren't getting a BNB face turn. Good to see him with the belt, though, because hopefully that means bigger things for Ziggler.

How many times can Ambrose take a loss without it hurting his rep? He needs to beat Wyatt clean soon. I hope that wasn't the definitive end to their rivalry.

Also, imagine if Rollins is the champ AND MITB holder. Still think Lesnar will drop the title at WM31 to Reigns, though, with Rollins cashing in that night.

WWE wanna keep Wyatt strong for the potential match with the Undertaker which is why he keeps winning.
At least Fast Lane is better than the Elimination Chamber. I'm not a fan of these gimmick pay per views like Extreme Rules and TLC. Hopefully WWE will change the name of these pay per views soon as well.
Original post by K1NG93
At least Fast Lane is better than the Elimination Chamber. I'm not a fan of these gimmick pay per views like Extreme Rules and TLC. Hopefully WWE will change the name of these pay per views soon as well.

It's funny because I remember a few years ago Vince McMahon said Survivor Series was being axed because it was a dated concept. Not only did it never get axed, but they then used the same gimmick PPV concept THROUGH THE YEAR.
It's funny because I remember a few years ago Vince McMahon said Survivor Series was being axed because it was a dated concept. Not only did it never get axed, but they then used the same gimmick PPV concept THROUGH THE YEAR.

When was that?

Good thing that SS never got axed. It has so much history. WWE would have been idiots to axe it.
Original post by K1NG93

Yeah, their original names were better.

Its one of the thing that makes WWE boring... In the attitude era and just after we had new matches like TLC and Elimination Chamber but nowadays that is all WWE have to hang on to to give good matches to the fans
Reply 113
Original post by K1NG93
WWE wanna keep Wyatt strong for the potential match with the Undertaker which is why he keeps winning.

Shame it comes at Ambrose's expense, though. He's a future WWE champion.

Original post by K1NG93

There's far too many of them. They should make some of them non-gimmick related. There's no point calling a PPV Fatal 4-Way if only one match on the card is, the same with Night of Champions where only two belts get defended.

Won't long before NXT has its own PPVs.
WWE presents Fast Lane? Must be a Vince idea definitely.

Might aswell have gone for SUPER SLAM (Those who've heard the John Cena radio prank will be familiar)

EC can work but the matches have to be of sufficient quality. I guess, that they haven't been and its taken the edge away from that PPV.

Superstars being fired? Yup, they'll be back at the PPV somehow.
And now, sponsored by Castrol GTX and Fruity Skittles, WWE presents... GASTROINTESTINAL OBSTRUCTION.

Backlash was the best name. They specifically chose it for the PPV after WrestleMania because we would see the backlash of what occurred at WM. A good example is Batista vs Shawn Michaels, which was the backlash from Shawn Michaels vs. Ric Flair. Oddly WM tended to start feuds rather than end them so Backlash would often be rematches or have the same people involved.
(edited 9 years ago)
And now, sponsored by Castrol GTX and Fruity Skittles, WWE presents... GASTROINTESTINAL OBSTRUCTION.

Backlash was the best name. They specifically chose it for the PPV after WrestleMania because we would see the backlash of what occurred at WM. A good example is Batista vs Shawn Michaels, which was the backlash from Shawn Michaels vs. Ric Flair. Oddly WM tended to start feuds rather than end them so Backlash would often be rematches or have the same people involved.

Remeber the days of having different stage sets every PPV. Man some were so cool. Bad Blood used to be cool and the modern Armogeddon ones too. I had 2006 on DVD, just looked like a load of scaffolding lol, was still cool.Kan V MVP first match.
Reply 118

Always liked Backlash, yeah. Always thought Payback would be suited to a post-Mania PPV given the name, too, but they go for Extreme Rules beforehand which doesn't make too much sense.

One Night Stand was always a great name.

Full 2015 PPV calendar was revealed today:

Royal Rumble (January 25)
Fast Lane (February 22)
WrestleMania 31 (March 29)
Extreme Rules (April 26)
Payback (May 17)
Money in the Bank (June 14)
Battleground (July 19)
SummerSlam (August 23)
Night of Champions (September 20)
Hell in a Cell (October 25)
Survivor Series (November 22)
Tables, Ladders and Chairs (December 13)
Reply 119
Original post by heavyhandscott
Remeber the days of having different stage sets every PPV. Man some were so cool. Bad Blood used to be cool and the modern Armogeddon ones too. I had 2006 on DVD, just looked like a load of scaffolding lol, was still cool.Kan V MVP first match.

Wrestlemania XX/Backlash 2001 were the GOAT in terms of stage set-up.

Quick Reply

Latest