The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by $$$stackemup$$$
Just checked my GS status. Cannot believe that I only applied to 1 division, and that was IBD as well. Kick in the teeth!

why whats the problem? i did the same, what else apart from ibd could you apply to? obvs not securities, and gir is mega comp, focusing on one division in 300 words was sufficient no?
Original post by President M.E.
Seconded, you would have to split your personal statement, and with the level of competition, you don't want to spread yourself too thin

ah i wrote a responsebefore seeing this, agree.
Original post by JackR7821
Yes, for me IBD and IMD are under review and Opps is still 'application received'.

Nice to see another IMD applicant :smile: did you have a sub-division preference? Mine is PWM.

I wonder how many places they allocate to IMD.
Does Shell offer an insight day/spring week? If so, could anyone send me the link? I am having serious issues surfing their website.
Original post by mco10
you should email hr?

btw anyone knows CITI . RBS and BAML spring week dates ?

CitiQuest / BAML - Week commencing 13th

CitiScope - Last 3 days of the week before that.

RBS - I don't know, TBC
Original post by $$$stackemup$$$
Just checked my GS status. Cannot believe that I only applied to 1 division, and that was IBD as well. Kick in the teeth!

Original post by Aenigma
I really don't think applying I more than one is an advantage/a good thing

Posted from TSR Mobile

Original post by President M.E.
Seconded, you would have to split your personal statement, and with the level of competition, you don't want to spread yourself too thin

I agree with this. Surely as well as spreading your personal statement too thin, surely it shows a lack of commitment to each of the divisions you've applied for if you do end up applying for more than one.
Reply 3846
Original post by Anonynous
CitiQuest / BAML - Week commencing 13th

CitiScope - Last 3 days of the week before that.

RBS - I don't know, TBC

hmm most of this are clashing :/ but yh cheers
Reply 3847
anyone knows application process for Citi and RBS after the ability online test? and what is the time frame? for an interview call back for those who have received something?

citi got back to me saying my application is still under consideration, so im guessing I passed the test.

anyone heard anything?
Original post by mco10
anyone knows application process for Citi and RBS after the ability online test? and what is the time frame? for an interview call back for those who have received something?

citi got back to me saying my application is still under consideration, so im guessing I passed the test.

anyone heard anything?

I still haven't been sent the Citi tests. Do they screen before giving them out? I've been waiting for ages, so should I contact them about it?
Reply 3849
Original post by tania2396
I still haven't been sent the Citi tests. Do they screen before giving them out? I've been waiting for ages, so should I contact them about it?

i think you should. they respond to emails within 2days i think. however, im not too sure why you havent received the test
What was the ability test like? What does it consist of?

Posted from TSR Mobile
anyone got an email from bus asking to choose business area, but only from Group Technology, Operations, HR, Risk or COO?

Pretty confused...
Original post by Aussie Dude ._.
Nice to see another IMD applicant :smile: did you have a sub-division preference? Mine is PWM.

I wonder how many places they allocate to IMD.

Well I applied to both IBD and IMD because now is really the time to find out more, so my main aim was to do that and find out about the different areas in IMD :smile: However PWM does seem appealing!
Original post by econstudent10
Yes! Why only these :frown:

wondering if it's worth emailing to ask? Could be on the basis of numericals though... who knows
Original post by Bloxorus
I agree with this. Surely as well as spreading your personal statement too thin, surely it shows a lack of commitment to each of the divisions you've applied for if you do end up applying for more than one.

This is for an insight though. I don't think they expect you to know exactly where you want to go. I saw it as potentially increasing my chances.
Original post by stabilo1
wondering if it's worth emailing to ask? Could be on the basis of numericals though... who knows

I got this same email. I my reply I have asked why, so we shall see!
I know it's lazy, but does anyone have the HR contact for Citi? Cheers.
passed numerical for RBC, now invited for verbal test? anyone else done this? advice? any good links guys to practice? (ideally for free haha)?
Reply 3858
Original post by DavidMonk
passed numerical for RBC, now invited for verbal test? anyone else done this? advice? any good links guys to practice? (ideally for free haha)?

Lol at such a long process for a one day insight.
Original post by CD315
Lol at such a long process for a one day insight.

tbh any experience is better than none haha. a guy at my uni did only RBC spring one year, and following year got GS summer :confused::eek:

and I'm only targeting the one day/3 day ones haha i have hardcore exams to revise for during spring, which i would rather get First in :cool:
(edited 9 years ago)

Latest

Trending

Trending