The Student Room Group

St George's Medicine Applicants 2015

Scroll to see replies

Freaking OUT that I haven't been invited yet :frown:
Original post by lazymedic
MMI's are bliss :smile: Because you can mess up in one station but still pull it back in the others, plus most of interviewers know nothing about your grades or PS so that allows everyone to be judged fairly.

These competences?

Academic ability and intellect
Empathy
Initiative and resilience
Communication skills
Organisation and problem solving
Team work
Insight and integrity
Effective learning style

Hmmmm they assessed most of them informally, in the sense that they didn't have a specific station for most of them. For example communication skills is tested in every single station but on the other hand Empathy does have it's own station (Role play).

I just wrote this long email about the interview and prep, I'll PM you that and anyone else who wants it.

:smile:

Hey there, could you PM me please? This would be much appreciated! Thank you!
MMI's are bliss :smile: Because you can mess up in one station but still pull it back in the others, plus most of interviewers know nothing about your grades or PS so that allows everyone to be judged fairly.

These competences?

Empathy
Communication skills
Team work
Insight and integrity
Effective learning style

Hmmmm they assessed most of them informally, in the sense that they didn't have a specific station for most of them. For example communication skills is tested in every single station but on the other hand Empathy does have it's own station (Role play).

I just wrote this long email about the interview and prep, I'll PM you that and anyone else who wants it.

Hey could you PM me as well haha! Sorry to ask :colondollar: xx
Original post by georgiahinch
Freaking OUT that I haven't been invited yet :frown:

Same here :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
hey guys does anyone know the 2015 summer open days for St George's??
Original post by rmandala
hey guys does anyone know the 2015 summer open days for St George's??

should be on their website. You should check there :smile:
Original post by Paras Agarwal
should be on their website. You should check there :smile:

found that they haven't posted dates yet so that's probably why :colondollar: thank you though!
Can anyone put up a picture of what an interview invitation email looks like? Make sure you hide any personal information if you do!

Original post by Medical-al
Can anyone put up a picture of what an interview invitation email looks like? Make sure you hide any personal information if you do!

ImageUploadedByStudent Room1420549129.767921.jpg

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks very much!! :smile:

These competences?

Empathy
Communication skills
Team work
Insight and integrity
Effective learning style

Hey, could you PM me too please?! I'm not really sure what MMI's entail! Thank you
Original post by WannabeDoctor03
Hello to the people who have already done their interview.

I got my invite to interview a while ago at the end of November, but I've only just begun to research travel journeys.
My interview is on the 10th of Feb and my parents have a car, so they could drive us, but we've already assumed that parking will be a nightmare.
I've checked train tickets and they're around £352 for two adults.
Unfortunately I was told to be at St G's by 10.40 and I live right by Birmingham, so I'm making quite a journey to get there.

Can anyone who's been to the interview let me know what they did for travel, especially if they traveled from afar like me? Also any advice on car parking would be especially helpful, as this is unfortunately looking to be my best best for travel options.

Thank you :smile:

I'm from nearby Birmingham and I went down to London a couple days earlier! Make sure you give yourself ample time to get to George's, the uni isn't too hard to find from the train station. I took the tube, found it to be alright :smile: I suppose if your parents do drive you then parking may not be that big of an issue...? Cause the hospital's next door so there will be parking...
Original post by erudite
I haven't been keeping up with this thread - what's everyones' status ATM?

I have an interview next month (not even prepared for it yet or anything!!), need to get my work exp letters too ugh

Got my interview in mid Nov, interview early Dec and got my offer 9 days after! :smile: Good luck for your interview! Make sure you give all your documents that they want otherwise you will slow down their decision making process! :smile:

These competences?

Empathy
Communication skills
Team work
Insight and integrity
Effective learning style

could you PM me please

These competences?

Empathy
Communication skills
Team work
Insight and integrity
Effective learning style

If you still have that email, I would really appreciate the PM cheers
(edited 9 years ago)

These competences?

Empathy
Communication skills
Team work
Insight and integrity
Effective learning style

Would you mind PM this information to me as well! Thank you VERY much!:smile:
Reply 1336
Hi guys- im so confused about the work experience, they first said they wanted headed letters from all. Now they're saying they want just 5 contact details? Help
Reply 1337
Original post by hogsmeades
Got my interview in mid Nov, interview early Dec and got my offer 9 days after! :smile: Good luck for your interview! Make sure you give all your documents that they want otherwise you will slow down their decision making process! :smile:

Hi- congratulations! What documents exactly do they need? I got an invite a while back and they said to collect headed letters from your work experiences. But now I have an email saying to fill in a form with 5 contacts of your most recent work experiences? Is this instead of the headed letters?
still havent heard anything from sgul. 675 ukcat :frown:
Original post by nikhi123
still havent heard anything from sgul. 675 ukcat :frown:

Same here :frown: has there been any new year interview offs yet?

Quick Reply

Latest