The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Goods
I have no idea sorry im not sure we have any eu phys natscis who were pooled so i cant really answer. Anyway dont think about the pool its already over and youll find out your pool response in your letter which is a billion times nicer than having to go through the stress although I did get my call to inter only 3 hours after reading my rejection from kings.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Alright thanks :smile: congrats on getting in, I actually really really like Robinson and would love to be pooled there

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 641
Original post by FDF95
When you will see UCAS track update you think?

.... and King's will email the decision on 12th.... so I will know next monday evening...right?

Last year i was emailed the letter from kings on the monday and they posted in on the friday before. Idk about UCAS as i was rejected by kings and pooled.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by marsbms
Hello !

I was wondering.. does anyone know what sorts of criteria they use for international applicant ?
We have nothing to compare to UMS, different and obscure education systems, nothing about flags or auto-pooling.
Isn't it unfair ?

For example, I come form a highly competitive school in my country, no successful applicant to Oxbridge yet, amazing turnover of teachers, completely different approach to marks and exams..

They don't know anything about this. How can they evaluate an international application ?

Original post by cameron245
bump.

For internationals they simply won't have access to the same level of contextual data so applications will be assessed on their academic merits. Cambridge have been doing this for a while so they've probably got a good idea of what sort of candidates they are looking for...
Original post by RainbowVeins
Nice cubes but...
You have your own microscope? OvO

Sorry I just saw this post :/
Yeah, it's a cheap one that runs on batteries, someone got it for me when I was around 9 years old I think... It came with a pretty cool slide with the furs of different animals which is the only I managed to properly look at under it. My neighbour had suggested that I prepare a slide of my own blood but my mum didn't let me back then :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Elcor
Oh god second rejection letter dream. It was in a Christmas card and under a Christmas tree wtf.

Posted from TSR Mobile

lol mine was that it was under my pillow. but inside was the rejection letter and it had a 5 pound note in there too lol. it said we are very very very sorry, but your just not good enough. then i woke up.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm going crazy. Cannot sleep. Cannot eat. ARRRGHHH!!! \
I'm international.. I hope they email me real soon... It'll take about 15 days or something.. I'll be dead by anxiety by then -.- \
I didn't email my college anything like email me my outcome or anything... I guess I'll do if they don't by this weekend... \
Anyone else who's international.. Like not from Europe.. Have you mailed anything specific to your college about emailing your decision?
Reply 646
Original post by ChemPrince
I'm international.. I hope they email me real soon... It'll take about 15 days or something.. I'll be dead by anxiety by then -.- \
I didn't email my college anything like email me my outcome or anything... I guess I'll do if they don't by this weekend... \
Anyone else who's international.. Like not from Europe.. Have you mailed anything specific to your college about emailing your decision?
HELP

Hey :smile: I'm applying from outside the UK (EU) , and I emailed my college (Downing) who said they are emailing the decisions to all those living outside the UK on the Saturday. If it's worrying you then just write to them and ask, the worst thing that can happen is that they don't answer.

Good luck!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Anmar
Hi, Is anyone here applying for Law at Sidney?:cool:

I had an interview for Law at Sidney on the 8th of December :smile:
Reply 648
Original post by Paralove
It's just another university. The only differences are a few odd traditions, smaller classes and the high pressure environment, pretty much.

....Also, perhaps, is much more difficult to graduate! And again will not sleep ....
Original post by aersh8
Me! School starts tomorrow. The headmaster was about to cancel it due to snow but just sent an email that it will go on as normal :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

:console:
But think on the positive side, school will distract you from thinking about cambridge :wink: And you have snow...lucky you! :smile:
Original post by physicsmaths
Kind of, got a mock in the afternoon so study leave for the whole week.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Good luck for the mock!
Original post by 1www1
Today is the last day of Christmas vacation :smile: (I'm from Germany)

Posted from TSR Mobile

Enjoy it if you can! :smile: What subject did you apply for?
Original post by serafina44
Me :smile: it's the last day of Christmas break in Poland. I wish I were at school, though. It distracts me from thinking about Cambridge.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Same! Currently I'm just home alone and trying to do something about the rocketing level of cortisol in my blood :lol:
Original post by ChemPrince

My college sent out an email saying that they would email everyone their outcome (both offers and rejections) on the 12th. Perhaps your college will send out a similar email after the Winter Pool?
Original post by aersh8
Sorry I just saw this post :/
Yeah, it's a cheap one that runs on batteries, someone got it for me when I was around 9 years old I think... It came with a pretty cool slide with the furs of different animals which is the only I managed to properly look at under it. My neighbour had suggested that I prepare a slide of my own blood but my mum didn't let me back then :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Awesome present for a 9-year-old :colone:
A slide of your own blood might be a step too far though :tongue:
Original post by FDF95
....Also, perhaps, is much more difficult to graduate! And again will not sleep ....

As in, less people graduate? If that's what you meant, it's simply not the case. Cambridge actually had the lowest drop out rate between first and second year of UK universities, ~0.9%.

Also, I'm personally not finding it particularly difficult, but it is just a lot of stuff to learn, a lot of work to do, and a small amount of time to do it in. This is my opinion, I'm sure the sciences are a bit different because of the content though.
Awesome present for a 9-year-old :colone:
A slide of your own blood might be a step too far though :tongue:

Haha yeah, we just couldn't think of anything else :mmm:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 654
Original post by Paralove
As in, less people graduate? If that's what you meant, it's simply not the case. Cambridge actually had the lowest drop out rate between first and second year of UK universities, ~0.9%.

Also, I'm personally not finding it particularly difficult, but it is just a lot of stuff to learn, a lot of work to do, and a small amount of time to do it in. This is my opinion, I'm sure the sciences are a bit different because of the content though.

Yep ...this had in mind. What is your specialty?
Reply 655
Clare admissions will be emailing international applicants on the 12th :biggrin:
Original post by FDF95
Yep ...this had in mind. What is your specialty?

MML, French and ab initio Spanish :smile:
Emma email people who requested one on the 10th right?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 658

Enjoy it if you can! :smile: What subject did you apply for?

I have all this work to do for school so it's not really relaxing, but for that it keeps my mind off the letter.

I'm applying for phys. NatSci, you?

Btw, does anyone know if/ when Murray Edwards will be sending e-mails?
All colleges are posting their decision letters on the same day, 9th Jan. You should receive it the next day, Saturday.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest

Trending

Trending