The Student Room Group

University & Courses Applicants Thread Directory 2015 Entry

I've put together a list of all the 2015 entry applicant threads for each university. If you haven't found yours yet, go check it out. :smile: :yy:

Not every university has an applicant thread yet, so if yours isn't on the list feel free to set one up :h:

It's really useful to be able to talk to other students applying to the same places. :h: :yy:

Applicant Threads

Stalking/UniConnect Pages

Applicant threads for courses in the post below!

:biggrin:
(edited 8 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Going to start up one for courses as well. :h: It'll take some time so I'll keep adding to it as I go along. If you see one that's not on the list, do let me know. :h:

Courses Applicant Threads

(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 2
Original post by Puddles the Monkey
I've put together a list of all the 2015 entry applicant threads for each university. If you haven't found yours yet, go check it out. :smile: :yy:

Not every university has an applicant thread yet, so if yours isn't on the list feel free to set one up :h:

It's really useful to be able to talk to other students applying to the same places. :h: :yy:

Applicant Threads

Stalking/UniConnect Pages

That's really cool! Where did you apply?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by aersh8
That's really cool! Where did you apply?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I went to Hull university, my uni days are long gone :h: I just put this together so that people can find the relevant threads more easily! :smile:
Reply 4
I went to Hull university, my uni days are long gone :h: I just put this together so that people can find the relevant threads more easily! :smile:

That's really nice of you :smile: what did you study and how did you find it?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by aersh8
That's really nice of you :smile: what did you study and how did you find it?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I studied history. :h: I had a great time at Hull, my course was really well put together and the lecturers were great. :smile:

What are you applying for? :h:
Reply 6
I studied history. :h: I had a great time at Hull, my course was really well put together and the lecturers were great. :smile:

What are you applying for? :h:

Nice! Natural sciences in Cambridge, biomedical engineering in ucl and materials in imperial, Manchester and Sheffield :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7

Hi. My daughter has an offer from Hull to study Modern Languages with Translation Studies. We really liked the uni when we went to the open day in July.

I was wondering if you would have any general tips about the uni, accommodation, student life, etc?

Thanks in advance. :-)
Original post by FionaMG
Hi. My daughter has an offer from Hull to study Modern Languages with Translation Studies. We really liked the uni when we went to the open day in July.

I was wondering if you would have any general tips about the uni, accommodation, student life, etc?

Thanks in advance. :-)

Sure, what kind of tips were you after...? :h:

It's a lovely campus, and the area around the uni/Newland ave is great for students - it's cheap but there are also some good bars and restaurants. I didn't actually stay in halls at Hull because I transferred into the second year there, so I can't really help with that side of things unfortunately. I do know that moving out of halls and into shared accommodation is really easy (and cheap!). There's plenty of houses available that are within walking distance of the uni so the area has a real student feel to it. :smile:

It might be worth checking out the University of Hull forum: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=235

There's an interesting thread on fresher's views of Hull here: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1833509

If you have any other questions, let me know. :h:

EDIT: Also, if you're a parent you should check out the parent room: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=761 Might be useful, too! :smile:

:h:
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 9
Sure, what kind of tips were you after...? :h:

It's a lovely campus, and the area around the uni/Newland ave is great for students - it's cheap but there are also some good bars and restaurants. I didn't actually stay in halls at Hull because I transferred into the second year there, so I can't really help with that side of things unfortunately. I do know that moving out of halls and into shared accommodation is really easy (and cheap!). There's plenty of houses available that are within walking distance of the uni so the area has a real student feel to it. :smile:

It might be worth checking out the University of Hull forum: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=235

There's an interesting thread on fresher's views of Hull here: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1833509

If you have any other questions, let me know. :h:

EDIT: Also, if you're a parent you should check out the parent room: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=761 Might be useful, too! :smile:

:h:

Thanks very much. The thread on freshers' views is really helpful. :smile:
Reply 10
Can you apply to one uni for next yr, but to another stating deferred entry?
Original post by Rkai01
Can you apply to one uni for next yr, but to another stating deferred entry?

Yep pretty sure you can do that :smile:
Reply 12
Original post by fluteflute
Yep pretty sure you can do that :smile:

But then wouldnt you have to design your ps differently?
Original post by Rkai01
But then wouldnt you have to design your ps differently?

I didn't apply for deferred entry, so don't know for sure, but yeah I suppose it would be ideal to talk about your gap year plans. Perhaps not essential though. You might want to create a new thread asking for advice, so it's seen more easily, rather than buried in this thread :smile:
Hi I attended college at a Notre Dame University based in the Philippines.

I really need help finding the right university on any europian country/usa/uk/canada that can transfer as much as possible credits from my degree. I am a graduate of Bachelor of science in Computer Engineering, and I am having some kind of a problem in making an equivalency at my country (which is not Philippines). if anybody is interested in helping me that would be very appreciated.

Here is my Original Thread for more information about my case : http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3011307&p=52164105#post52164105

Thank you so much.
Reply 15
I have applied to lots of grammar school and one IB school. At first I didn't think that it was necessary to do an Ib. But after going to the open evening I found it interesting.

what are the pros and cons of an IB and a levels ?

Would it be pointless studying extra subjects?

Which one is more beneficial for my career choice and why?

I don't want to make a big mistake.

Thank you

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hello!

I've noticed that Leeds College of Music isn't on there yet! Can I add this myself, if so how do I go about it?

Thanks!
Jemma
Original post by Leeds College of Music
Hello!

I've noticed that Leeds College of Music isn't on there yet! Can I add this myself, if so how do I go about it?

Thanks!
Jemma

I can add you :smile: You just need to create a Leeds College of Music 2015 Applicants thread, then I'll put it in the directory. :h: :yy:

If you have any questions let me know. :smile:
Ok thanks!

I've done that :smile:
Original post by Leeds College of Music
Ok thanks!

I've done that :smile:

I've added it now :h:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending