The Student Room Group
Founders Building, Royal Holloway
Royal Holloway
Egham
Visit website

RHUL offers

Hey guys!

Just thought of creating a thread for peeps with offers from this uni and for what course! :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Anyone else applying for Comp Sci?

Technically speaking I don't have an offer yet, but I'm definitely going to get one (ABB course - already have AA).
Founders Building, Royal Holloway
Royal Holloway
Egham
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by scaphrax
Hey guys!

Just thought of creating a thread for peeps with offers from this uni and for what course! :smile:

What are you applying for at RHUL?
Reply 3
Original post by VannR
Anyone else applying for Comp Sci?

Technically speaking I don't have an offer yet, but I'm definitely going to get one (ABB course - already have AA).

OMG MATE! Bloody amazing coincidence!!! Iv applied for BSC computer science, with a year in industry!!!!! Do you know when to apply for the accommodation there? I luckily managed to get an unconditional offer from em.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 4
OMG MATE! Bloody amazing coincidence!!! Iv applied for BSC computer science, with a year in industry!!!!! Do you know when to apply for the accommodation there? I luckily managed to get an unconditional offer from em.

Here's all the info:

https://www.royalholloway.ac.uk/studyhere/accommodation/royalhollowayhalls/applying/new-ug.aspx

I'm going for MSc Computer Science myself. Are you firming RHUL (I am :smile:)?
Reply 5
Original post by VannR
Here's all the info:

https://www.royalholloway.ac.uk/studyhere/accommodation/royalhollowayhalls/applying/new-ug.aspx

I'm going for MSc Computer Science myself. Are you firming RHUL (I am :smile:)?

Yea! I accepted their offer like last year, shortly before Christmas. I was a bit sceptical at first, heard that the nightlife aint much in RHUL, was choosing between this uni or Reading, in the end I preferred the course here and the fact that there's more students in this uni.
Only about 50 students at Reading for csi and only 2 are girls, found out by email XD
Reply 6
Yea! I accepted their offer like last year, shortly before Christmas. I was a bit sceptical at first, heard that the nightlife aint much in RHUL, was choosing between this uni or Reading, in the end I preferred the course here and the fact that there's more students in this uni.
Only about 50 students at Reading for csi and only 2 are girls, found out by email XD

Ha! Brilliant piece of forward planning there :smile:

But yeah, looking at the actual course content, RHUL had more of what I'm looking for out of my degree as well, especially in the 4th year. What are your grades, if you don't mind me asking? Just wondering what an unconditional takes :colone:.
Reply 7
Original post by VannR
Ha! Brilliant piece of forward planning there :smile:

But yeah, looking at the actual course content, RHUL had more of what I'm looking for out of my degree as well, especially in the 4th year. What are your grades, if you don't mind me asking? Just wondering what an unconditional takes :colone:.

Haha, seriously, im looking forward to being taught by Prof David Cohen, he just looks like one of em stereotypical weird but amazing teachers u get in life XD.

Ahaa, I really didn't get what people may say "outstanding" grades, my parents weren't really impressed as they're asian but I was the happiest kid in the world haha, got 2 A's in Mathematics and Bio, a B in Chem. I guess its due to my w.e. i did
Reply 8
Haha, seriously, im looking forward to being taught by Prof David Cohen, he just looks like one of em stereotypical weird but amazing teachers u get in life XD.

Ahaa, I really didn't get what people may say "outstanding" grades, my parents weren't really impressed as they're asian but I was the happiest kid in the world haha, got 2 A's in Mathematics and Bio, a B in Chem. I guess its due to my w.e. i did

So,

grades[] = AAB;

if (grades > ABB)
{
college.offer.unconditional(send);
me.drink(champagne);
}

Guess I'll see you at Freshers then :biggrin:
Reply 9
Original post by VannR
So,

grades[] = AAB;

if (grades > ABB)
{
college.offer.unconditional(send);
me.drink(champagne);
}

Guess I'll see you at Freshers then :biggrin:

public class Main {
public static void main (String[]args ) {
System.out.println (" SEE U THERE AS WELL !!! ") ;

}
}
(edited 9 years ago)
Has any one received their offers yet? I have offers from all my choices except RHUL and just wondering how long they normally take?
Reply 11
Original post by Amy_B2014
Has any one received their offers yet? I have offers from all my choices except RHUL and just wondering how long they normally take?

I got my offer mid December :smile:
Hey, congrats on your offer! What course are you doing?
Roughly how long after you sent you application did you receive your offer? My college only sent mine on UCAS deadline day even though I had completed it by December.. so annoying!
Original post by Amy_B2014
Hey, congrats on your offer! What course are you doing?
Roughly how long after you sent you application did you receive your offer? My college only sent mine on UCAS deadline day even though I had completed it by December.. so annoying!

What courses did you apply for and what other schools are you looking at?
I have applied for psychology. RHUL is my first choice but I am also going for Roehampton (2nd choice) and Kingston and St Mary's. I'm not too bothered by Kingston or St Mary's, I need to stay local to home so applied for the unis that were closest to me, and I wanted to use all of my choices just to be safe.
How about you?
I've applied for geology at RHUL, Cardiff, Leeds, Birmingham and Portsmouth, but I like RHUL the best. I'm actually an international student so I don't know how long I'll have to wait until I start receiving offers. I'll probably firm RHUL and if I get an unconditional from Portsmouth I'll put that as my insurance.
Reply 16
Mine was sent off beginning of December and I got my offer like two weeks after for management with marketing :wink:
Reply 17
I got my offer yesterday and I had applied last week.It changes really
Got my offer for History (Unconditional AAB)-i applied Jan 7th
I sent off my application on 25th November and got my offer on the 23rd December so I was waiting about a month, they're probably really busy the last few weeks though so I wouldn't worry! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending