University of Birmingham
Birmingham

Birmingham firmers?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by IAmEchelon
£6,164
And it's on the vale

Posted from TSR Mobile

Cheers, have you firmed already or are you waiting until the applicant days?
University of Birmingham
University of Birmingham
Birmingham
Original post by Buxtonwater
Cheers, have you firmed already or are you waiting until the applicant days?

I've firmed for psychology

Posted from TSR Mobile
Do we have two instalments of finance per year?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I think different payments go in at different times. I'm seriously considering alternative accusation or living at home ( I live in Birmingham) as I would rather have the extra money to support my studies than pay the price they are asking for accommodation

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Leanne1455
I think different payments go in at different times. I'm seriously considering alternative accusation or living at home ( I live in Birmingham) as I would rather have the extra money to support my studies than pay the price they are asking for accommodation

Posted from TSR Mobile

Wouldn't you just have more or less the same money though? As you get a lesser loan and grant

Posted from TSR Mobile
Wouldn't you just have more or less the same money though? As you get a lesser loan and grant

Posted from TSR Mobile

Only around a thousand less

Posted from TSR Mobile
Im going Birmingham as well but studying a different subject 😊

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Alexraecleaver
Im going Birmingham as well but studying a different subject 😊

Posted from TSR Mobile

What are you studying?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Thank you loads
If you would prefer a nicer accommodation closer to the Edgbaston campus, Jarratt hall is your best bet it's where all is at, truly and you're only a 2-minute walk from the university. I live there and absolutely love it! Shops are open till very late at night so that you never run out of milk in the morning. The only drawback is that it can be tempting at times to buy junk food from one of the many fast-food restaurants situated along the road, but I'm sure you will be fine! Just keep a close eye on your account balance. :biggrin:

Sounds fab, I'll have a look at it. Are you currently a student? How are you finding life at Birmingham?
I'm studying physical Education and coaching sciences.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Leanne1455

Well done! You won't regret it. :smile:
Just firmed to study Music in 2015.. applied for accommodation and my first choice is Mason..

I've heard that Mason is nice but it attracts a 'certain' type of person.. is that true?!
Original post by sophalabaster
Just firmed to study Music in 2015.. applied for accommodation and my first choice is Mason..

I've heard that Mason is nice but it attracts a 'certain' type of person.. is that true?!

I was wondering the same. I really like mason!

Posted from TSR Mobile
I think I may firm my palaeobiology offer anyone know much about what accomodation is like?
Oh guys by the way read this - http://guides.tab.co.uk/guide/birmingham/

It's written by students for prospective students about the university :-)
Reply 35
I've firmed for chemical engineering and got victoria hall, mason, oakley court, liberty court and Ashcroft down for accommodation although I'll likely be switching it soon as how to finance it is starting to make me anxious. Never realised how expensive uni accommodation is!
Haven't firmed yet because I am waiting to go to the applicant visit day on the 11th Feb.
Got an offer for Law and Criminology though and Birmingham is definitely my top choice!
I'm going to firm birmingham (palaeobiology and palaeoenvironments Bsc), exciting!!!!
Reply 38
Hi :smile:

I got an unconditional offer to study English and Philosophy which I accepted :biggrin:. I'm really looking forward to this October because my course seems really good and Birmingham was my favorite University out of all the ones that I considered.

I live about 30-40 mins away from Birmingham but would like to live at the Vale this October. I know that this is similar to Buxton Water's post but has anyone visited the accommodation? I haven't so if anyone has looked around the accommodation and would be able to give any recommendations or opinions then that would be great :smile:. At the moment,I'm interested in Meal Plan accommodation in the Vale such as Maple Bank, Chamberlain, Elgar Court and Shackleton
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 39
Hi

I got an unconditional offer to study English and Philosophy which I accepted . I'm really looking forward to this October because my course seems really good and Birmingham was my favorite University out of all the ones that I considered.

I live about 30-40 mins away from Birmingham but would like to live at the Vale this October. I know that this is similar to Buxton Water's post but has anyone visited the accommodation? I haven't so if anyone has looked around the accommodation and would be able to give any recommendations or opinions then that would be great . At the moment,I'm interested in Meal Plan accommodation in the Vale such as Maple Bank, Chamberlain, Elgar Court and Shackleton

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending