The Student Room Group

Edexcel A Level Product Design: Resistant Materials 2015

Anyone studying/ have studied this subject and willing to give any help/ recommend any revision resources to me and/or anyone currently studying this?

Any help would be much appreciated :biggrin:

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Agent47_
Anyone studying/ have studied this subject and willing to give any help/ recommend any revision resources to me and/or anyone currently studying this?

Hey, I also study it (AS level currently), but unfortunately I have no resources to give right now sorry :frown: - I'm just popping in to say hi anyway, since it's rare to meet someone else doing this particular course on TSR! :woo: :biggrin:

Hey, I am doing A2 edexcel product design (resistant materials) how are you finding it?
Reply 3
Original post by Claire.08T
Hey, I am doing A2 edexcel product design (resistant materials) how are you finding it?

Its good, but it isn't as big of a step up from GCSE Resistant Materials to AS compared to Maths for example. The coursework takes a long time though. Did you have a particular method to get the coursework done well?
Its good, but it isn't as big of a step up from GCSE Resistant Materials to AS compared to Maths for example. The coursework takes a long time though. Did you have a particular method to get the coursework done well?

I agree, but year 13 is MUCH more intense, you're very independent, but I am coping well at the minute. I would just make sure I met every deadline, look up resources online and made sure I did every single improvement possible, and went into lots of detail!
Not sure if this thread is still active, but if anyone does have any helpful resources/revision notes for A2 Product design that would be awesome :biggrin:
I'll have a look at what I got and also got to finally see someone whos doing edexcel a2 product design, seems like everyones doign aqa. And if u come across other edecxcel threads, let me know. How did ur coursework go?
Reply 7
how are you'll getting on with revision for the AS/A2 EXAM
to be honest, havent really started and dont think its that hard anyway, probably gonna start during halfterm
Reply 9
how did everyone find the AS exam? (it's a retake so i really hope i've done well)
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 10
Had any of yours done cnc??? I didn't have that even in my notes!!!
Reply 11
Original post by yolopolo
Had any of yours done cnc??? I didn't have that even in my notes!!!

nope!! I mean we had briefly mentioned it but we were never told what steps were taken? Its not even in the textbook! I also didnt like the wording of the last question about 'evaluate the cost implications of quality control for a buisness' hmm
Reply 12
Yea I was repeating so I did about cnc this year in a2 but never the steps??? I literally stared at that page for a good 20 mins!! I know cnc isn't mentioned at all in as surely that illegal😩 Ohhh no neither did I'd say I only got a few marks for it I'm horrible at evaluating!! I'm so happy no lathe/milling/ rivets came up tho as I didn't look over them at all!!!
i reckon they will be pretty easy on the grade boundaries seeing as most people i spoke to messed up the CNC question, fortunately I still have my A2 next Tuesday to recover this mess lol
Reply 14
Original post by adishakur
i reckon they will be pretty easy on the grade boundaries seeing as most people i spoke to messed up the CNC question, fortunately I still have my A2 next Tuesday to recover this mess lol

Really I have it too but mines is on Monday?????
Original post by yolopolo
Really I have it too but mines is on Monday?????

oh yeah sorry mine is monday too
i still haven't properly started revising for it though lol
Reply 17

Yea neither have I, I also have biology that day which is also yet to be started😩 why do I do this to myself
Reply 18
me neither tbh, idk why but all the past paper questions seem to ask for advantages and disadvantages which i think you can make up without knowing exactly what it is tbh
Reply 19
Original post by evec
me neither tbh, idk why but all the past paper questions seem to ask for advantages and disadvantages which i think you can make up without knowing exactly what it is tbh
this year there's so many of those random names with the random letters but that's why I think it's could be quite hard to get your head around!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending