The Student Room Group

Speech & Language Therapy 2015

Scroll to see replies

Original post by aimeen93
Hi all, hope everyone had a good christmas! Started worrying again today seeing as everyone is back in the office now and i am checking my emails a lot waiting to here about an interview at BCU (if i get one)...I just really hope I get in this year, because Im not sure I could hack another christmas in retail and getting any other job is proving to be difficult!

Anyone heard from BCU since yesterday?

Aimee.

Have you applied to any other universities? I know how you feel, I don't think I can hack another year of retail either! I haven't applied to BCU so I can't help but just wanted to let you know you're not alone. I'm sure you'll hear back soon
Hi all,
Has anyone received an offer from UEA yet? I had my interview on the 2nd December and they said it would take 3 weeks for them to let us know, but I still haven't heard anything! Is anyone else in the same situation?
Original post by nesca89
Have you applied to any other universities? I know how you feel, I don't think I can hack another year of retail either! I haven't applied to BCU so I can't help but just wanted to let you know you're not alone. I'm sure you'll hear back soon

Retail sucks! Just BCU as I can't really move away :smile: thanks for letting me know I'm not alone aha
Reply 923
I'Ve got an offer from Manchester met!! Oh my. I didn't expect that at all! Wow! 2 offers down 1 to go! I think I'm in shock!! It has certainly given me a bit of motivation to get through these A Levels though!! I was having a day that hasn't exactly being filled with motivation so I'm so glad for another offer!

Btw - I may be technologically inadequate as I appear unable to add myself to the table! Could anyone help please? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Higlet
I'Ve got an offer from Manchester met!! Oh my. I didn't expect that at all! Wow! 2 offers down 1 to go! I think I'm in shock!! It has certainly given me a bit of motivation to get through these A Levels though!! I was having a day that hasn't exactly being filled with motivation so I'm so glad for another offer!

Btw - I may be technologically inadequate as I appear unable to add myself to the table! Could anyone help please? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Massive congrats to you!

I'll add you to the table
Original post by Higlet

Posted from TSR Mobile

Congratulations!! What time did you hear from them and when was your interview? I'm desperately waiting to hear from them and haven't yet! :frown:
Reply 926
I heard at 7:30pm from UCAS and my interview was 3rd December! When was yours? Good luck!! I hope you hear soon - waiting really does suck x

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 927
Original post by madagascar
Massive congrats to you!

I'll add you to the table

Thank you!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Higlet
I heard at 7:30pm from UCAS and my interview was 3rd December! When was yours? Good luck!! I hope you hear soon - waiting really does suck x

Posted from TSR Mobile

Is it just Manchester Met, Birmingham and Leeds you applied to?
Original post by Higlet

Posted from TSR Mobile

My interview was the same! I wonder if this means I haven't got in! X
Original post by nesca89

Try not to think like that, it might be that they are sending out offer now and you may hear any minute? Or you might hear tomorrow? Try and stay positive for now as difficult as it may be xx
Try not to think like that, it might be that they are sending out offer now and you may hear any minute? Or you might hear tomorrow? Try and stay positive for now as difficult as it may be xx

Yeah but surely they wouldn't give out offers now, half 7 is surely the latest. And why can't they give out all decisions from that interview at the same time haha. Sorry I'm just panicking lol
Original post by nesca89

Hope you hear positive news soon, I'm still waiting to hear from BCU.
Reply 933
Is it just Manchester Met, Birmingham and Leeds you applied to?

Yes it is :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by shropshirelass51
Hope you hear positive news soon, I'm still waiting to hear from BCU.

Thank you, I hope you do too!
Reply 935
Original post by nesca89
Yeah but surely they wouldn't give out offers now, half 7 is surely the latest. And why can't they give out all decisions from that interview at the same time haha. Sorry I'm just panicking lol

For one of my linguistic options, I got an offer at like 10:00 at night but I can't remember if that was UCAS or the uni. But please don't worry!! They may have just sent out the first lot and be on the way to sending out the next lot either later tonight or tomorrow!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Where is your other offer - birmingham or leeds? Is it conditional or unconditional?
Original post by nesca89

I totally understand and think id be the same, but keep calm and we are all keeping positive for you here!! x
Reply 938
Where is your other offer - birmingham or leeds? Is it conditional or unconditional?

Birmingham and conditional
My Manchester met one is also conditional

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Higlet
For one of my linguistic options, I got an offer at like 10:00 at night but I can't remember if that was UCAS or the uni. But please don't worry!! They may have just sent out the first lot and be on the way to sending out the next lot either later tonight or tomorrow!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ah I see, that makes me feel a little better hehe. I really hope I hear back tonight, I'm ridiculously nervous.
I totally understand and think id be the same, but keep calm and we are all keeping positive for you here!! x

Thank you for the positivity! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest