Scroll to see replies

Original post by Higlet
Birmingham and conditional
My Manchester met one is also conditional

Posted from TSR Mobile

Cool, I've updated the table to show both offers. Congrats again! x
Reply 941
Original post by nesca89
Ah I see, that makes me feel a little better hehe. I really hope I hear back tonight, I'm ridiculously nervous.

Thank you for the positivity! :smile:

Just take a breath and stay calm! Keep us informed if anything comes through!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 942
Original post by madagascar
Cool, I've updated the table to show both offers. Congrats again! x

Thank you!! X

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Higlet
Just take a breath and stay calm! Keep us informed if anything comes through!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you, I will do. There's a few people in here who had interviews with us too, I wonder if they have heard anything yet :smile:
Original post by Higlet
I'Ve got an offer from Manchester met!! Oh my. I didn't expect that at all! Wow! 2 offers down 1 to go! I think I'm in shock!! It has certainly given me a bit of motivation to get through these A Levels though!! I was having a day that hasn't exactly being filled with motivation so I'm so glad for another offer!

Btw - I may be technologically inadequate as I appear unable to add myself to the table! Could anyone help please? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Woohoo Congrats!!
Original post by nesca89
Thank you, I will do. There's a few people in here who had interviews with us too, I wonder if they have heard anything yet :smile:

got my fingers crossed for you - don't give up yet I am sure I got my offer last year at well gone 9pm
Original post by AmyPilot
got my fingers crossed for you - don't give up yet I am sure I got my offer last year at well gone 9pm

Thank you Amy, fingers crossed I hear later tonight then hehe. I wonder how they figure it all out, when to send them and everything. Its a mystery lol
Original post by nesca89
Thank you Amy, fingers crossed I hear later tonight then hehe. I wonder how they figure it all out, when to send them and everything. Its a mystery lol

I know but I think the mystery is with UCAS not the uni - seen some threads where people got ucas updates in the middle of the night - YIKES!
I know but I think the mystery is with UCAS not the uni - seen some threads where people got ucas updates in the middle of the night - YIKES!

Oh that's crazy isn't it. Its hardly fair on us stress heads haha
Original post by nesca89
Oh that's crazy isn't it. Its hardly fair on us stress heads haha

Its the "having no idea when you will hear" that kills you the most but stay strong! Not many saying they have offers so maybe its the system running slow xx
Reply 950
Its the "having no idea when you will hear" that kills you the most but stay strong! Not many saying they have offers so maybe its the system running slow xx

Of course, they may have for my offer wrong... I got a rejection before I got an interview and then they swapped it so I suppose they could have given me an offer by mistake too...

Posted from TSR Mobile

This is true, I wish they gave a specific time and date.
Original post by Higlet
Of course, they may have for my offer wrong... I got a rejection before I got an interview and then they swapped it so I suppose they could have given me an offer by mistake too...

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes they gave me a rejection first too. And no way that would be unfair if they gave you am offer and then retracted it! I really really don't think that will happen
Original post by Higlet

Posted from TSR Mobile

No they can't do that - surely!

Enjoy your success - we could be coursemates as next year my group joins up with the 2015 intakes except my year 2 is a lot more psychology and just 1 SLT unit but we would finish SLT together (that's enough to put anyone of going to MMU lol)

Now get working on those grades!!
Original post by nesca89
This is true, I wish they gave a specific time and date.

Like UofM do - that was a long wait but atleast you knew when it was coming
Reply 955
No they can't do that - surely!

Enjoy your success - we could be coursemates as next year my group joins up with the 2015 intakes except my year 2 is a lot more psychology and just 1 SLT unit but we would finish SLT together (that's enough to put anyone of going to MMU lol)

Now get working on those grades!!

Haha that sounds awesome!!! You're doing the speech therapy with psychology course aren't you? I love the building at manchester met and the teacher that did the taster session was hilarious! I've forgotten her name though!

Btw, would you say manchester met has a very scientific course or does it focus on the social aspect of speech therapy too? I'm currently making a pros and cons list for Birmingham and Manchester met...
And do you know the weighting of exams vs coursework at all?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Like UofM do - that was a long wait but atleast you knew when it was coming

Yes we are hearing back from them on 2nd March. Not long really when ya think about it
Original post by nesca89
Yes we are hearing back from them on 2nd March. Not long really when ya think about it

Better than last year then - interview was 4 Dec decision 28 March - and something went wrong for a couple of people and ucas didn't update till the Monday - its a cruel process that's for sure!
Better than last year then - interview was 4 Dec decision 28 March - and something went wrong for a couple of people and ucas didn't update till the Monday - its a cruel process that's for sure!

Urgh that's awful isn't it :frown: they definitely need to make the process better haha
Original post by Higlet
Haha that sounds awesome!!! You're doing the speech therapy with psychology course aren't you? I love the building at manchester met and the teacher that did the taster session was hilarious! I've forgotten her name though!

Btw, would you say manchester met has a very scientific course or does it focus on the social aspect of speech therapy too? I'm currently making a pros and cons list for Birmingham and Manchester met...
And do you know the weighting of exams vs coursework at all?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes I do the combined course.

All the SLT tutors are great.

I favoured MMU because of the practical style - I am very quiet and shy so thought that would help me develop best - I was less worried about the academic side of things - tho I was screaming after my first biological science lecture (haven't done any science since school) but I am over that now! Didn't go to Birmingham last year so cant comment on them.

I chose MMU over U of Manchester last year - my UofM offer was for lower grades cos I did a programme with them in year 12 which gave me bonus points - would have gone there happily if I hadn't got the grades but their style is definitely different.

I also talked about the courses with a local SLT - she said it was Sheffield that had the sciency reputation.

Have you compared the courses on Unistats website - its quite good,

Quick Reply

Latest