The Student Room Group

Why dont i get fat?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by Angry cucumber
We all saw the pic before it was removed

You are completely untrained. You don't eat as it is, you have nothing to lose

I don't lift and yet I'm considerably bigger than you still, yet you try and insult us all

I'm confused as to your purpose here

Just talking really and see how i compare to others.
HOW AM I INSULTING YOU ALL?
It seems you and the other guy are the ones insulting me.
Bigger but not stronger, i lift more weight per unit kg of my body than you.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Zenarthra
Just talking really and see how i compare to others.
Bigger but not stronger, i lift more weigh per unit kg of my body than you.

Swinging 30kgs to fuel your ego is not being stronger than me...
Reply 62
LOL?
22inchs, you must be some stacked guy, with HUGE deltoids.

The average man in the United States is 5-foot 10-inches tal, and weighs 172 pounds. His shoulder width is 18-1/4 inches.

That's nice....source?

Measuring your way I'm 19. Given the amount of Americans who are taller than me and that amount of them who are fat I don't see how that can be average

ETA: have curls become a measure of strength now? This thread confuses me more than it should
(edited 9 years ago)
me-brooo-resize.jpg

I'm stronger.
Reply 64
Original post by PimpsNChuds
Because you have high metabolism. Enjoy it while it lasts. I used to have high metabolism but I'm already noticing a difference in my early 20s :frown:

Wow really?
So you cant eat alot without putting on fat? How old are you if you dont mind me asking? :smile:
Reply 65
Original post by Scoobiedoobiedo

I'm stronger.

You are flexing, i am not rofl. :tongue:
Alot of fat on them arms actually. That was a picture of me last year, since then i have gotten bigger chest and biceps.
(edited 9 years ago)
Same lol, 13.5 around other arm. how much do you bench press and curl?

Not sure. I haven't really done any exercise in 4 years. Kinda want to get into strength training now I've lost 5 stone of chub or so.
You are flexing, i am not rofl. :tongue:
Alot of fat on them arms actually. That was a picture of me last year, since then i have gotten bigger chest and biceps.

You're not flexing? C'mon

His arms are also about a third/ half bigger than yours as well

Let alone anything else
vlcsnap-2015-01-06-20h17m08s88.jpg

10402668_10152522916529629_1470232739633413826_n.jpg

They don't look all that fat to me.
Reply 69
Original post by Angry cucumber
You're not flexing? C'mon

His arms are also about a third/ half bigger than yours as well

Let alone anything else

No i wasnt flexing in that picture.
Its fine, my friend once looked like him with his shirt off, always told me he weighed 110kg.
Said he played rugby, yet i pushed him over many times.
I challenged him to an arm wrestle and he couldn't even win.
Fair enough i had to try to beat him but not to the point where i was gasping for breath like he was.

Would love to give that guy in the picture an arm wrestle. :smile:
Its fine, my friend once looked like him with his shirt off, always told me he weighed 110kg.
Fair enough i had to try to beat him but not to the point where i was gasping for breath like he was.

I stand by comment of you cruising for BBC.
Reply 71
Original post by Sam Walters
Not sure. I haven't really done any exercise in 4 years. Kinda want to get into strength training now I've lost 5 stone of chub or so.

Oh no way dude. Yeah you should definitely get back in shape because exercising stimulates growth of neurons in the brain. Increases the production of BDNF(brain derived neurotrophic factor) which binds to synapses vital for increasing voltage in the brain and a faster/healthier brain. :smile:
Reply 72
I stand by comment of you cruising for BBC.

Im interested to see what your definition of BBC actually is. :smile:
Reply 73

They don't look all that fat to me.

Ngl you look strong there though, well done. :smile:
Thinking of working as a bouncer?

I'm not entirely convinced you'd have much of a hand left tbh

Nor would I either...

I can't believe you're calling Scoobie out....
Reply 75
Original post by BKS
That's nice....source?

Measuring your way I'm 19. Given the amount of Americans who are taller than me and that amount of them who are fat I don't see how that can be average

ETA: have curls become a measure of strength now? This thread confuses me more than it should

Sorry missed this post.
http://www.fas.harvard.edu/~loebinfo/loebinfo/Proportions/humanfigure.html
Reply 76

It's .edu but it doesn't give any reasons why it states those figures so they could just be off the top of someone's head. The point of it seems to be to give set designers something to work with. So not a good source
Original post by BKS
It's .edu but it doesn't give any reasons why it states those figures so they could just be off the top of someone's head. The point of it seems to be to give set designers something to work with. So not a good source

Looks like plans for an IKEA flat pack human.
Reply 78
Original post by BKS

Are you that stupid lol honestly?
Top of someone's head, oh let's just give them average head sizes of 18inches cos we feel like it.
Taking shoulder widths for data from 5'10 men, the average is worked out to be roughly 18 inchs.
Assuming data is from healthy men with no diseases.
The standard deviation of these data points will definitely be no more than 2 inches.
There will be equal spread above 18inches, some people more some less.
Using an educated guess we can insist that the mode lies in the range 17-19, this is the highest concentration of data plots.
Yeah you guessed it Einstein, so when they design shoulder pads or whatever, they will make them around 18 inches so it fits the majority of 5'10 people.
Are you that stupid lol honestly?
Top of someone's head, oh let's just give them average head sizes of 18inches cos we feel like it.
Taking shoulder widths for data from 5'10 men, the average is worked out to be roughly 18 inchs.
Assuming data is from healthy men with no diseases.
The standard deviation of these data points will definitely be no more than 2 inches.
There will be equal spread above 18inches, some people more some less.
Using an educated guess we can insist that the mode lies in the range 17-19, this is the highest concentration of data plots.
Yeah you guessed it Einstein, so when they design shoulder pads or whatever, they will make them around 18 inches so it fits the majority of 5'10 people.

I don't think you quite get stats.

No-one uses the mode past GCSE, certainly not in scientific circles.

The point is; there is no peer reviewed paper linked in your link

So for all we know, it's off someones head.

Quick Reply

Latest