The Student Room Group

Should I drop Maths?

I'm currently doing an access to humanities course. I've applied to study English Lit. I couldn't complete A-levels cause of Epilepsy.
On top of the access course I'm having to redo my Maths GCSE. I currently have a D grade in Maths GCSE. My Maths GCSE is on the same day I'm in for my Access course but in the evening. I'm struggling to attend all maths lesson because of my Epilepsy. I get too tired which could trigger a seizure.
I'm considering dropping maths gcse because I've applied to 3 Universities that don't ask for maths c grade or above. I'm sort of playing on luck that they give me an offer. However thinking ahead, how will not having maths gcse affect my prospects of doing a master's degree and then a Phd in English literature? Is it a good idea to drop it?

P.s I've tried changing the schedule however it just not possible at this period of time.
Don't drop it, keep at it, June Is not very far away and it'll be over before you know it, you won't regret it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Original post by Nininho20
I'm currently doing an access to humanities course. I've applied to study English Lit. I couldn't complete A-levels cause of Epilepsy.
On top of the access course I'm having to redo my Maths GCSE. I currently have a D grade in Maths GCSE. My Maths GCSE is on the same day I'm in for my Access course but in the evening. I'm struggling to attend all maths lesson because of my Epilepsy. I get too tired which could trigger a seizure.
I'm considering dropping maths gcse because I've applied to 3 Universities that don't ask for maths c grade or above. I'm sort of playing on luck that they give me an offer. However thinking ahead, how will not having maths gcse affect my prospects of doing a master's degree and then a Phd in English literature? Is it a good idea to drop it?

P.s I've tried changing the schedule however it just not possible at this period of time.

Tbh GCSE maths is very important regardless of whether youwill need it in life. Also in the future you may change career thus a GCSE inmaths will enable you to progress. Do not give up or lose hope and be realisticand not pessimistic for example if you have not been revising properly do notbe expecting a B or above.
You could drop the class and self teach maths during your free time and take the exam privately.
I did that during my access course as I also had to attend English gcse classes.
(Probably not recommended if you want more than a C grade though)

Quick Reply

Latest