The Student Room Group

GCSE exam revision?

Whens the best time to start revising for the GCSE exams, i think they start around may time???
mid-March :smile:
Reply 2
I started yesterday.
Not for all subjects though.
Just Maths, Science and History.
I'm spending only an hour, and I will increase it by 30 mins each month.

I will start the more confident subjects or the subjects that need less work around Easter.

However, I will occasionally do an English past paper, maybe twice a month.
Original post by leccartwright
Whens the best time to start revising for the GCSE exams, i think they start around may time???

There is no specfic time when u should start revising do revision every now and than so that u don't forget things. Try to focus more on subjects that u r lacking on.
Reply 4
Original post by Grade
I started yesterday.

I will start the more confident subjects or the subjects that need less work around Easter.

Can you inbox me so I can ask you advice on how to approach my revision for GCSE?
Original post by Grade
I started yesterday.

Thanks, have you done a revision timetable or are you just doing stuff as you go along?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
Original post by leccartwright
Thanks, have you done a revision timetable or are you just doing stuff as you go along?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I made one.
I used the IPhone App Timetable, and just dedicated a subject to a certain day.

I find it helpful for mocks, when you have a lot of subjects, you can't remember, you can always spare even times for each of the subjects, leaving more hours for the subjects your not as good at.

Revision timetables are only helpful if you stick to them.
If you think you can revise without having one, and can dedicate times for subjects, then don't make one.

It doesn't require much effort, as you change it around with a few taps on the phone.

Quick Reply

Latest