The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Really? Our teachers just give us our papers back with feedback.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Getting mine back tomorrow and I'm so nervous! My English teacher had the brilliant idea of saying "There was 2 E's and one F" before we left class... nice one. Our school was closed today because the boilers broke, so on monday we could literally see our breath like we were outside ahah
Good luck to anyone getting theirs soon! Seems like everyone on this website is so smart...
Are we the only ones who haven't done mocks yet, then? I think ours start february some time and we get the results in march. All last term and already this term we've had a few informal 'mock' mocks, though nothing more
Original post by Jitesh
Gotta choose a-levels today lol

And also write a "personal statement"-like thing

What are you choosing? I can't decide between geography or English langlit for my last option...
Has anyone applied for Seven Kings or Ilford County yet or thinking about applying there. Ilford County is all boys(Grammar).
We have the mock week this week - how are you guys getting your results already?! Besides, does anybody know when their study leave begins?
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by frostyy
We have the mock week this week - how are you guys getting your results already?! Besides, does anybody know when their study leave begins?

I had my mocks back in November/December and so did a lot of other people on this thread :smile: My study leave begins on 1st May, do you know when yours begins?
Original post by Purple-Pixie
I had my mocks back in November/December and so did a lot of other people on this thread :smile: My study leave begins on 1st May, do you know when yours begins?

We weren't told when the study leave begins, but I am pretty sure we have it (apparently some schools don't?).

And I'm really suprised with how fast the 6th form stuff is going with you guys. We literally had an open evening once and that was it, nothing else was said - there was no interviews, or anything like that so far.

I'm glad I'm staying at my school to do the A-Levels though.
Original post by frostyy
We weren't told when the study leave begins, but I am pretty sure we have it (apparently some schools don't?).

And I'm really suprised with how fast the 6th form stuff is going with you guys. We literally had an open evening once and that was it, nothing else was said - there was no interviews, or anything like that so far.

I'm glad I'm staying at my school to do the A-Levels though.

Oh yeah there are some schools that don't have it - that must be so annoying!

Seriously? My school held two sixth form taster days for us last year and we've had open evenings and meetings to discuss A Level options. We have more this month and I have to decide my options by the end of this month :s-smilie:

I'm staying at my school for A Levels too. Do you know what A Levels you want to do?
Original post by pursuedbyabear
Are we the only ones who haven't done mocks yet, then? I think ours start february some time and we get the results in march. All last term and already this term we've had a few informal 'mock' mocks, though nothing more

Mine start on the 21st of this month. :/
I'm dead.
Does anyone else have their ICT GCSE exam next week? I'm on Edexcel and I have mine next week as my ICT teacher wanted us to get it out of the way with this month rather than in May/June.
Original post by Purple-Pixie
Oh yeah there are some schools that don't have it - that must be so annoying!

Seriously? My school held two sixth form taster days for us last year and we've had open evenings and meetings to discuss A Level options. We have more this month and I have to decide my options by the end of this month :s-smilie:

I'm staying at my school for A Levels too. Do you know what A Levels you want to do?

Our year will only be able to take 3 subjects for A-Levels and I am considering 2 options.

Either go for a programmer and take computing, physics and maths, or try and get to medicine with biology, chemistry and maths.

Medicine isn't really that likely though, as I have some criminal record and low attendance levels (that can be explained with a health condition, but still). I have many disadvantages and I don't want to study subjects that I hate for 2 years and then be turned down by uni's.

I'm gonna have to make up my mind soon, but at the moment this is what I'm considering.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by frostyy

Our mocks are later than most people's, and the school has shortened study leave so we only end up with about two weeks extra - apparently the time wasn't used 'productively' last year. How does that work, though? I guess we'll have lessons in subjects in which we've already sat the exam. :confused:
Original post by frostyy
Our year will only be able to take 3 subjects for A-Levels and I am considering 2 options.

Either go for a programmer and take computing, physics and maths, or try and get to medicine with biology, chemistry and maths.

Medicine isn't really that likely though, as I have some criminal record and low attendance levels (that can be explained with a health condition, but still). I have many disadvantages and I don't want to study subjects that I hate for 2 years and then be turned down by uni's.

I'm gonna have to make up my mind soon, but at the moment this is what I'm considering.

Physics, Chem + Maths will get you in to both at a lot of places.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Obiejess
Physics, Chem + Maths will get you in to both at a lot of places.

Really? Even in top uni's like Cambridge or Oxford?
Original post by frostyy
Really? Even in top uni's like Cambridge or Oxford?

Well for CompSci at Cam they expect FM

Posted from TSR Mobile
Our study leave doesn't start until about 3 days before my first exam, woo.
Original post by Martie08
Our study leave doesn't start until about 3 days before my first exam, woo.

Mine starts after some of my exams

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by TheAlphaParticle
I did mine in the last week of the Christmas term, Quick tip for everyone who is still doing it: (YOUR ALL GOING TO FAIL) Trust me.:wink2:

Did what?

Posted from TSR Mobile
So just done a little exam timetable for myself in excel and turns out I have 28 exams spread over 20 days of school :frown: Anyone else know how many exams they have in May/June?

Latest