The Student Room Group

Will I get kicked off an Access course?

Do they do that if your attendance is bad? Kinda worried, but it can't be avoided
how about being grown up about it and talking to your personal tutor / the course leader ...

but i suppose that depends on the reason why the absence 'can't be avoided' ...
Depends on if your work is suffering and if you have a valid reason. May be worth having a chat with them :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by zippyRN
how about being grown up about it and talking to your personal tutor / the course leader ...

but i suppose that depends on the reason why the absence 'can't be avoided' ...

They don't even care generally. I'm asking if I can actually get kicked off in the long term, nothing wrong with that.

No point in being snarky about it, 1 you don't know the full facts 2 you haven't even answered my question. That's grown up of you.

By the way... you have actually attended an Access Course to pass judgement on this, right?
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 4
Original post by BellaPembers
Depends on if your work is suffering and if you have a valid reason. May be worth having a chat with them :smile:

They never really want valid reasons though. I could make up anything. I'm asking if there's a certain point off low attendance that they just off you.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by sapce
They don't even care generally. I'm asking if I can actually get kicked off in the long term, nothing wrong with that.

No point in being snarky about it, 1 you don't know the full facts 2 you haven't even answered my question. That's grown up of you.

By the way... you have actually attended an Access Course to pass judgement on this, right?

no but 13 years of school, and 5 years of university gives me just a slight idea of the thought process of managers in education, plus my managerial experience in healthcare and the voluntary sector ...
Original post by sapce
God, from your very first comment I knew you were a tool trying to assert your ego. You have no idea about this course in particular. I don't need your specific career path described to me, thanks. Now, please, get a grip.

oh dear me, if you are this rude to the staff at college you deserve to be thrown off your course. If anyone needs to 'get a grip' it is your good self.
Original post by sapce
They never really want valid reasons though. I could make up anything. I'm asking if there's a certain point off low attendance that they just off you.

I don't think there is an attendance rule for all access, I think its the college discretion and individual circumstances. For example my attendance for access is low but that's due to preferring home study and as this doesn't impact my grades my college doesn't question it.

Quick Reply

Latest