The Student Room Group

Deadly gun attack in Paris: Global reactions & discussion

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Original post by Josb
Therefore you are restricting our freedom of discussion.:smile:

It's much more sinister than that.

It's a deliberate attempt to stop the culprits and their bastardised ideology from being identified and rightly vilified.

It's simply a demonstration of the grotesque (mainly left wing) attempt to prevent the native populations in Europe from speaking out about Islam.
Reply 81
Original post by Radicalathiest
Do you have a link as my source says he's critical but not dead

http://www.lefigaro.fr/flash-actu/2015/01/07/97001-20150107FILWWW00188--charlie-hebdo-les-dessinateurs-cabu-charb-tignous-et-wolinski-sont-morts.php
Charb and Wolinski (other famous caricaturists) died too.
Reply 83
The most controversial caricature was this one: http://www.keskiscpass.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2011/11/charli1g.jpg
Muhammed is saying "It's hard to be loved by morons".
Original post by Wilfred Little
Enlighten me.

It's obviously more than a cartoon. The prophet is revered in a way that most can't comprehend (as there's not really a similar figure, could say Jesus in Christianity), and depictions are a big no-no. Of course you can argue freedom of speech, but what is there to gain from these cartoons bar spreading hatred?
Too bad this particular religion doesn't seem to teach its followers to rise above offensive cartoons, I mean if you KNOW your set of beliefs is leading you to heaven, is perfect, you'd have thought you'd be able to ignore any insults with a calm confidence in your theology and if anything simply feel slightly sorry for unbelievers who took the time to slight your faith. But.....what with much of the text being about warmongering I suppose not..
The people in this thread saying that the newspaper should have sought safety before publishing their point are daft as hell. It's the terrorism equivalent of blaming rape victims for them not taking enough precautions, rather than blaming the rapist.
Original post by Josb
The most controversial caricature was this one: http://www.keskiscpass.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2011/11/charli1g.jpg
Muhammed is saying "It's hard to be loved by morons".

Is that it? ....

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 88
Savages.
They lied about 9/11, They lied about Iraq, They lie everybody. How can anyone believe the government and one witness saying they did it for the Prophet Muhammad PBUH? How do you know he is not trying to set up Muslims?
Original post by IceJJFish(II)
It's obviously more than a cartoon. The prophet is revered in a way that most can't comprehend (as there's not really a similar figure, could say Jesus in Christianity), and depictions are a big no-no. Of course you can argue freedom of speech, but what is there to gain from these cartoons bar spreading hatred?

No obviously I get that but it doesn't change the point. And it's no excuse. You cannot go round killing people because they drew a cartoon you didn't like.

'If you don't stop calling our religion intolerant and violent, we'll murder you, mate'
Muslims have serious problems with France.
Washington Post
This prison is majority Muslim -- as is virtually every house of incarceration in France. About 60 to 70 percent of all inmates in the country's prison system are Muslim, according to Muslim leaders, sociologists and researchers, though Muslims make up only about 12 percent of the country's population.
Reply 92
Apparently the gunmen were French.
Original post by Wilfred Little
No obviously I get that but it doesn't change the point. And it's no excuse. You cannot go round killing people because they drew a cartoon you didn't like.

'If you don't stop calling our religion intolerant and violent, we'll murder you, mate'

Yeah I suppose I agree. Just seems governments should do more really, if I'm honest it should be banned to make cartoons and drawings because it only incites hate, and does result in increased extremism.
Original post by Chindits
It's much more sinister than that.

It's a deliberate attempt to stop the culprits and their bastardised ideology from being identified and rightly vilified.

It's simply a demonstration of the grotesque (mainly left wing) attempt to prevent the native populations in Europe from speaking out about Islam.

There is no conspiracy, it's just cowardice

A similar example is the ex-Muslim Society and the Islamic society on TSR (note that both groups consist largely of people who are not ethnic Europeans).

The Islamic society is far more aggressive and badly behaved, makes far more extreme demands and generally protests its victimhood to a much more extreme degree than the ex-Muslim society. In return the moderators protect the Islamic thread to a much greater level, not just from trolling, but any legitimate discussion which will cause annoyance to the Islamic posters and maybe that's acceptable, it is their thread, but the ex-Muslim posters do get hounded and have their posts deleted, even on their own thread, their own space, to the point where it looks as if it's I-Soc rules in the ex-Moose endz.

Like I said, there is no conspiracy, it's just very sad that the world consists of people who make concessions not to those who deserve them, but to those who shout the loudest, kick up the most fuss and who are generally the most difficult to get along with.

There is footage emerging already. This is a screenshot from a video showing the perpetrators of the attack executing an injured cop in the street in Paris.
Reply 97
Original post by IceJJFish(II)
Yeah I suppose I agree. Just seems governments should do more really, if I'm honest it should be banned to make cartoons and drawings because it only incites hate, and does result in increased extremism.

And here we see the result of forced political correctness, even in the face of danger.

Gone is the fight or flight instinct of the Western liberal male, instead replaced with the instinct to bend over, cross the fingers and pretend the violent thrusting is an act of love.
this is what happens when you think its funny to trouble people that dont troubke you.
should have just left the moslems and their religion alone instead of starting trouble with those cartoons
Original post by matthewduncan
this is what happens when you think its funny to trouble people that dont troubke you.
should have just left the moslems and their religion alone instead of starting trouble with those cartoons

Ahem freedom of speech ahem

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending