The Student Room Group

Deadly gun attack in Paris: Global reactions & discussion

Scroll to see replies

Original post by yo radical one
There is no conspiracy, it's just cowardice

A similar example is the ex-Muslim Society and the Islamic society on TSR (note that both groups consist largely of people who are not ethnic Europeans).

The Islamic society is far more aggressive and badly behaved, makes far more extreme demands and generally protests its victimhood to a much more extreme degree than the ex-Muslim society. In return the moderators protect the Islamic thread to a much greater level, not just from trolling, but any legitimate discussion which will cause annoyance to the Islamic posters and maybe that's acceptable, it is their thread, but the ex-Muslim posters do get hounded and have their posts deleted, even on their own thread, their own space, to the point where it looks as if it's I-Soc rules in the ex-Moose endz.

Like I said, there is no conspiracy, it's just very sad that the world consists of people who make concessions not to those who deserve them, but to those who shout the loudest, kick up the most fuss and who are generally the most difficult to get along with.

Couldn't agree more.

I don't have anything to add other than

Original post by Lacesso
And here we see the result of forced political correctness, even in the face of danger.

Gone is the fight or flight instinct of the Western liberal male, instead replaced with the instinct to bend over, cross the fingers and pretend the violent thrusting is an act of love.

Not really because there is already censorship on certain things, I would agree if saying what you wanted resulted in no consequential action, but as it does why does it matter.
Original post by hahahoran18
Ahem freedom of speech ahem

Posted from TSR Mobile

screw your freedom of speech.
these guys wanna make fun of people who are ODT for no reason.
its just asking for trouble
Original post by IceJJFish(II)
Well when hijab is banned in the workplace for no logical reason of course hate against the state is increases. Backward horrible country.

Yeah I suppose I agree. Just seems governments should do more really, if I'm honest it should be banned to make cartoons and drawings because it only incites hate, and does result in increased extremism.

So it's France's fault that they use freedom of speech - which targets everyone, not JUST muslims - that innocent people were killed? Are you seriously suggesting that France is to blame for these degenerates who ruthlessly killed in the name of 'the religion of peace'?
Reply 104
Original post by yo radical one
There is no conspiracy, it's just cowardice

A similar example is the ex-Muslim Society and the Islamic society on TSR (note that both groups consist largely of people who are not ethnic Europeans).

The Islamic society is far more aggressive and badly behaved, makes far more extreme demands and generally protests its victimhood to a much more extreme degree than the ex-Muslim society. In return the moderators protect the Islamic thread to a much greater level, not just from trolling, but any legitimate discussion which will cause annoyance to the Islamic posters and maybe that's acceptable, it is their thread, but the ex-Muslim posters do get hounded and have their posts deleted, even on their own thread, their own space, to the point where it looks as if it's I-Soc rules in the ex-Moose endz.

Like I said, there is no conspiracy, it's just very sad that the world consists of people who make concessions not to those who deserve them, but to those who shout the loudest, kick up the most fuss and who are generally the most difficult to get along with.

Yes it's cowardice. I'm pretty sure we could said anything we want if the attack had been done by Christian or Jewish extremists.
Original post by Evening
So it's France's fault that they use freedom of speech - which targets everyone, not JUST muslims - that innocent people were killed? Are you seriously suggesting that France is to blame for these degenerates who ruthlessly killed in the name of 'the religion of peace'?

A strange point to mention considering freedom of expression isn't even practised in France :confused:
This seems to have been one of the last cartoons published by the magazine's editor, Charb, who has been reported killed in this attack.

Translation:"Still no terrorist attack in France"; "Wait, we have until the end of January to present our wishes!" Chilling given what happened...
Original post by Fizzel
The whole draw Muhammed day is to emphasis the point they can, and to highlight the people complaining about it. The whole exercise would be render pointless if it got no reaction, but the fact it get a reaction shows its an issue worth highlighting. This idiot is just proving their point.

Not to mention you can see with the most recent European elections, anti-Islamic sentiment is on the rise. Everything like this that happens is another few thousand votes for some far right party who is going to pretty clamp down on their lives. You've got politicians saying Islam and Muslims are not compatible with the Western, and in the background of people trying to defend them, you've got stuff like this and Muslims who give their tacit approval.

The day all this Islam malarky is over... cant come soon enough
Reply 109
Original post by Borgia
The day all this Islam malarky is over... cant come soon enough

Would love for my kids to grow up in a world without this malarky.
Things like this worry me.

We have stuff like the EDL and Europe has a lot of pretty radical anti Muslim groups, but they don't storm into mosques and physically massacre people...
(edited 9 years ago)
It's obviously more than a cartoon. The prophet is revered in a way that most can't comprehend (as there's not really a similar figure, could say Jesus in Christianity), and depictions are a big no-no. Of course you can argue freedom of speech, but what is there to gain from these cartoons bar spreading hatred?

What is and isn't gained is irrelevant.

Yeah I suppose I agree. Just seems governments should do more really, if I'm honest it should be banned to make cartoons and drawings because it only incites hate, and does result in increased extremism.

Nope, that isn't how freedom of speech works. If people don't like their prophet or religion being 'insulted', that's just tough.
Original post by Huskaris

We have stuff like the EDL and Europe has a lot of pretty radical anti Muslim groups, but they don't storm into mosques and physically massacre people...

No extreme 'muslim' groups do that

Posted from TSR Mobile

But yet the EDL are the ones all the student nonce groups oppose

We have Britain First who storm Mosques. Granted they don't kill people but they are very confrontational to say the least.
No extreme 'muslim' groups do that

Posted from TSR Mobile

It takes 3 people to make a group, so if there is a third one of them somewhere, they are a group.

Are you as simple as you sound?
It takes 3 people to make a group, so if there is a third one of them somewhere, they are a group.

Are you as simple as you sound?

What are you talking about? Didnt you understand my post????

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by G8D
Warning, distressing video from the scene. Sorry if already posted.

http://www.geenstijl.nl/

That's ****ed up...Australia , now France...are these two incidences linked?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by thunder_chunky
We have Britain First who storm Mosques. Granted they don't kill people but they are very confrontational to say the least.

Agreed, strangely enough I was reading about them today, there is though I am sure you would agree a huge difference between storming a mosque and intimidating people (which is completely disgusting and unacceptable) and this.

As a note to everyone though, it is worth remembering that the vast majority of victims of Islamic fundamentalism this year, have themselves been Muslims....
What are you talking about? Didnt you understand my post????

Posted from TSR Mobile

I don't think you understood mine...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending