The Student Room Group

Would you date a Muslim?

Poll

Would you date a Muslim?

Your honest vote.Nothing but the whole truth.
(edited 9 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

I would never date a practicing Muslim, but I could date someone who came from a Muslim background.
Yeah
Reply 3
Original post by tengentoppa
I would never date a practicing Muslim, but I could date someone who came from a Muslim background.

There are some Muslims who are less religious than others.Some only celebrate their holidays and hardly practice there religion as their ancestors did.
She would have to be uber amazing otherwise no.

Also my family would strongly disagree and I doubt she'll be allowed in my house as dad wouldnt be happy so tension arises

Also will her family be cool with me? Hmmm
(edited 9 years ago)
A practising Muslim wouldn't date you though
Not if the religion was controlling the relationship, but otherwise it wouldn't matter

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
Original post by DaVinciGirl
A practising Muslim wouldn't date you though

Would your parents be worried about your safety?If you ever did.
No because it is haram to date
Original post by 061194
Would your parents be worried about your safety?If you ever did.

I would never date. But hypothetically if I did date for some reason, then my parents would probably just try to advice me. My parents are really cool, whenever I make a mistake they explain why I shouldn't do it nicely.
I'm not sure what you meant by safety. Aren't all parents afraid of how their children's other half can keep them happy?

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 10
Original post by Sweetiebabe
No because it is haram to date

Alot of things are haram but we still do them,dont tell me you've never done something haram.
Whether your Muslim, Christian, jew, irreligious, communist, a green supporter...

We shouldn't base it on any of these, because true love is the ability to see through someone's beliefs.

Spoiler

Posted from TSR Mobile
Honestly, no. A lot of Muslim beliefs are at odds with my own. I don't think I could date anyone really devout, even though I'm agnostic.
Reply 13
Original post by missfats
Whether your Muslim, Christian, jew, irreligious, communist, a green supporter...

We shouldn't base it on any of these, because true love is the ability to see through someone's beliefs.

Spoiler

Posted from TSR Mobile

Would you ever be concerned if a relative or even a sibling was dating a Muslim ?Would you worry ?
Reply 14
Original post by Philbert
Honestly, no. A lot of Muslim beliefs are at odds with my own. I don't think I could date anyone really devout, even though I'm agnostic.

Would you ever be concerned if a relative or even a sibling was dating a Muslim ?
I don't think so. Would cause too much of a problem with family. I would also be obliged to convert to Islam and that is a no-no.
Reply 16
Original post by moment of truth
I don't think so. Would cause too much of a problem with family. I would also be obliged to convert to Islam and that is a no-no.

Would you ever be concerned if a relative or even a sibling was dating a Muslim
A lot of them are quite hot also a lot have sex before marriage even though they are not supposed to so yes probably but not if they are extemists.
Reply 18
Yes I would. for me being muslim is not an identity, muslim is a subscriber to an ideology. Ideologies are subject to change.
This thread should be in the relationship section

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending