The Student Room Group

Official Vacation Scheme Thread 2015!!!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 920
Original post by legallife
Hey - good luck!!
& Could you describe their assessment day please? Thank you :smile:

i am going for a vac scheme so there is no assessment day - just a 45 min interview with HR and a senior lawyer - so not too bad!
Original post by ScroogeHumbug
PFO from Weil and HSF

MoFo have sent me an email letting me know I've been passed on to the partner review stage

Good luck with MoFo :smile:

If you don't mind answering, when did you apply to HSF?
Original post by Defragmentation
Good luck with MoFo :smile:

If you don't mind answering, when did you apply to HSF?

Merci :smile: HSF was ages ago, I think first week of December. It was for the spring scheme. They got back to me just before Christmas.
Original post by ScroogeHumbug
Thank you :smile: I applied to Weil around the 20th of December. MoFo are pretty interesting, think of them as the American version of Bird & Bird but with significantly deeper pockets (I believe Apple is one of their clients)

Amusingly, Weil's PFO's are more of a FO. It's just three sentences: "Thank you for you're application to Weil. Your application has been unsuccesful. Best of luck for the future"

I applied about a similar time - expecting the same result!

Big dogs then, surprised I haven't heard of them! :smile:
Reply 924
I have dyslexia and I've got to complete the CC and FF verbal reasoning test. Should I contact them to tell them this? or will it affect my chances..
Original post by ChoccyWoccy
Slaughter and May interview :smile:

Well done! This for a Easter Scheme or a Summer Scheme. I'm still waiting to hear back, don't think that can be good tbh :/ xx
Original post by A_Beaverhausen
Well done! This for a Easter Scheme or a Summer Scheme. I'm still waiting to hear back, don't think that can be good tbh :/ xx

Thanks! Summer :smile:
I applied about a similar time - expecting the same result!

Big dogs then, surprised I haven't heard of them! :smile:

I guess when you get a mix of rejections and interview invites, it shows how each firm is looking for perhaps a certain personality type. That's the way I like to think of it. Hopefully you'll hear something positive soon!

Oh don't be surprised, they seem to be rather elusive when it comes to graduate advertising (as compared to other firms). It's a pity because there are certain things which some students might find attractive about them. For instance, they were first international firm in London to have a black Managing Partner (Trevor James).
Thanks! Summer :smile:

Nice! When did you apply? :smile:)
Original post by mj43
I have dyslexia and I've got to complete the CC and FF verbal reasoning test. Should I contact them to tell them this? or will it affect my chances..

I would contact them to get any adjustments you need to be made. I do not think it can harm your chances as I think that may fall under discrimination.
Reply 930
Original post by NotMikeRoss
PMed you :smile:

I also have a video interview and would love to know what comes up too. Thank you!
(edited 9 years ago)
Is the situational judgement test for HSF automatic on submitting the form?
Original post by A_Beaverhausen
Nice! When did you apply? :smile:)

A couple of weeks into December so not too long ago!
Original post by givemegoodnews
Is the situational judgement test for HSF automatic on submitting the form?

Nope, it isn't :smile:
Original post by Saz03
I also have a video interview and would love to know what comes up too. Thank you!

Pmed you also, seems like Mishcon are really starting to get going, I imagine they'll confirm their assessment centre date soon.
Has anyone come across a question that asks to describe a task, project in which you did well in? Does anyone know if they expect you to talk about great achievements etc? or for example, would a client interviewing competition do?
Has anybody heard from Latham & Watkins?
Reply 937
Hi, does anyone have experience of an assessment day at Holman Fenwick Willan?
Reply 938
Hi, has anyone had an interview for Stephenson Harwood Vac Scheme?
Reply 939
Does anyone know how long it takes CMS Cameron McKenna (or any firm) to respond after sitting the Watson Glaser?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending