The Student Room Group

Economics applicants 2015

Scroll to see replies

Original post by NinjaPandaa
Hi haven't seen you on the thread before :biggrin:

Sorry about the oxford rejection :frown: what are you thinking as putting as firm and insurance at the moment? :smile:

Also with the warwick thing no news may be good news plenty of people who I thought would definitely get in have been rejected so maybe not hearing anything isn't as bad as you think :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hello!

My mind were set at Warwick beforehand anyway but Oxford were just an chance to see if I could do better so I'm not that bothered about the rejection :smile:

I'm really stressed about not hearing anything back from Warwick but at the moment I'm thinking Birmingham as insurance and hopefully Warwick as firm if I do get an offer. Exeter's offer were too high IMO and I'm not sure whether I want to do maths with economics anymore :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi haven't seen you on the thread before :biggrin:

Sorry about the oxford rejection :frown: what are you thinking as putting as firm and insurance at the moment? :smile:

Also with the warwick thing no news may be good news plenty of people who I thought would definitely get in have been rejected so maybe not hearing anything isn't as bad as you think :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

This waiting is terrifying me!Someone told me I would have been rejected by now if I had no hope of getting in!Well let's hope we get offers :smile:
Original post by Skill Twix
This waiting is terrifying me!Someone told me I would have been rejected by now if I had no hope of getting in!Well let's hope we get offers :smile:

Let's hope that's the case! No news is still better than bad news :smile:
Original post by betrueoriginal
Let's hope that's the case! No news is still better than bad news :smile:

Well said!
Hello!

My mind were set at Warwick beforehand anyway but Oxford were just an chance to see if I could do better so I'm not that bothered about the rejection :smile:

I'm really stressed about not hearing anything back from Warwick but at the moment I'm thinking Birmingham as insurance and hopefully Warwick as firm if I do get an offer. Exeter's offer were too high IMO and I'm not sure whether I want to do maths with economics anymore :/

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ah ok I see, yeah that's how I felt with cambridge but now I love it hahaha :frown:

Although if I end up at warwick it'll still be good because of how nice the campus and how good the course is :biggrin:

Yeah not sure what's going I with Exeter this year, they've really gone high with the offers

Best of luck with warwick though, I hope you get an offer :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2285
I've applied to Oxford, Warwick, Nottingham(maths and economics), Exeter and Birmingham on 14th October.

Stats:
AABB in AS economics, business, maths and further maths.
Predicted A*A*AB in economics, business, maths and further maths.

My GCSE's weren't particularly great because I messed things up in year 11 and I went to a school at the bottom of the secondary school league table, but since then I've moved to another sixth form and my grades were significantly improved.

GCSE 1A* 1A 6B's 4C's 1E

Oxford - Rejected
Nottingham - A*AA or A*AB or AAAA
Exeter - A*A*A
Birmingham - AAA or AABB

Still haven't heard anything back from Warwick yet but I'm worried that my grades are not as high as they wanted...

Posted from TSR Mobile

That Exeter requirement is ridiculous!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Has anyone been pooled yet?
Original post by hannahtetteh

Someone on the cambridge thread has definitely been invited for reinterview for economics but that's all I've seen
I haven't heard anything which I'm sort of glad of, getting to cambridge on such short notice would be a nightmare for me

Posted from TSR Mobile
I am pretty much impatient!Waiting for another 3 universities to respond!
Someone on the cambridge thread has definitely been invited for reinterview for economics but that's all I've seen
I haven't heard anything which I'm sort of glad of, getting to cambridge on such short notice would be a nightmare for me

Posted from TSR Mobile

Right okay. I've been pooled to Girton. I have two interviews and a test
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 2290

Me! Whens your interview?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Right okay. I've been pooled to Girton. I have two interviews and a test :frown:

Ah ok the other person was pooled to selwyn

Well this isn't necessarily bad news for you although obviously having to go to cambridge again is annoying. You just have to remember that they haven't rejected you and you're still in with a good chance (I think the odds for reinterview pool people are relatively high) also girton is a nice college, pretty sure it has a swimming pool?

Is the interview this weekend? Best of luck for it and I hope you get an offer! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by sr-96
Me! Whens your interview?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Where have you been pooled to? My interview is on Sat, one at 10:55, one at 2. You?
Reply 2293
Where have you been pooled to? My interview is on Sat, one at 10:55, one at 2. You?

Selwyn :smile: Mine is on Monday, don't know times yet. How are you preparing? Atleast we have another shot at it:redface:
Anyone got an offer for UCL L101 economics with a year abroad?
Rejected from Oxford this morning! Pretty gutting but everything happens for a reason - it was probably for the best! Still waiting on LSE, UCL straight and UCL year abroad!
Original post by tomixox
Rejected from Oxford this morning! Pretty gutting but everything happens for a reason - it was probably for the best! Still waiting on LSE, UCL straight and UCL year abroad!

In exactly the same situation as you!
Original post by morale_boost
In exactly the same situation as you!

Ahhh really! Where else did you apply? What college did you apply for @ Oxford?
Right okay. I've been pooled to Girton. I have two interviews and a test

Your ums average is 98.4! 😱😱 good luck! Sure you will do fine :smile:
Original post by tomixox
Ahhh really! Where else did you apply? What college did you apply for @ Oxford?

Warwick who I have an offer from- and St. Peter's- rejected this morning but kind of didn't feel right for me after the interview process, wbu?

Do you think the fact we've applied for two UCL courses is slowing their decision down at all?

Quick Reply

Latest