The Student Room Group
Students on campus at Loughborough University
Loughborough University
Loughborough

Applying to russell group universities rather than non-russell group universities

Hi, i am an international student that plans to apply for undergraduate mechanical engineering this year. I want to know what advantage is there for someone doing engineering of being at a Russell group universities rather than a university which is not in the Russell group?
Reply 1
Original post by Taimoor821
Hi, i am an international student that plans to apply for undergraduate mechanical engineering this year. I want to know what advantage is there for someone doing engineering of being at a Russell group universities rather than a university which is not in the Russell group?

Maybe ask this in the Engineering forum instead of Loughborough Uni. :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Students on campus at Loughborough University
Loughborough University
Loughborough
Reply 2
Posting from the wrong place so sorry, but the reason i put it in loughborough is that I put it as one of my options but am confused if I should drop it for some Russell group university.
Reply 3
Original post by Taimoor821
Posting from the wrong place so sorry, but the reason i put it in loughborough is that I put it as one of my options but am confused if I should drop it for some Russell group university.

Lboro is a highly respected uni, especially for engineering. It ranks higher than many Russell Group unis, but doesn't have a medical school so can't be in the RG.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by jneill
Lboro is a highly respected uni, especially for engineering. It ranks higher than many Russell Group unis, but doesn't have a medical school so can't be in the RG.

Posted from TSR Mobile

:ditto:

And just to add a stat - we're ranked higher than two-thirds of the RG unis.

But as always, the choice is yours - just make sure that where ever you apply it's right for you and has good support for international students (ours is great by the way and we get excellent feedback from our international students! :wink:)

Vicky

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending