The Student Room Group
Moot Law Court, Robert Gordon University
Robert Gordon University

RGU Event Management 2015?

Hey okay so I know that 2015 is a while away, but is anyone else planning to apply for this course then? I am about to go into 6th year and then plan on taking a gap year then hopefully do this course starting Septemeber 2015.
Anyone else thinking or wanting to apply the same time as me? :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hiya! I'm wanting to study Event Management starting in 2015 too! Where are you looking at going?
Moot Law Court, Robert Gordon University
Robert Gordon University
Reply 2
Hey there! Events Management at Robert Gordon is one of my options as well :smile: Do you happen to know more about the programme, the city etc apart from what's written in the prospectus and on the website?
I am wanting to study events management a RGU too and I would like to find up out more about the course that's on the perspective
Reply 4
I'm currently in my first year at RGU studying events management!
Its still a relatively new course so I feel wasn't very well educated on what it was actually going to involve. There is a lot of volunteering work and work experience that has to be done- 100 hrs per year, to be signed off and written up in a blog. Getting those 100 hours is proving challenging as Aberdeen isn't the best city for events however, being able to write on your CV that you've done over 400 hours of work experience after graduating will look AMAZING!
The modules are as exactly whats in the prospectus and most of your work in these modules will be graded on group work and essays.
Not really sure what to say other than that...
Would definitely recommend studying at RGU, such a good uni and a beautiful campus with great facilities!
Reply 5
Hey! So you're saying that the curriculum wasn't exactly followed? And why is Aberdeen not a very good place for events? I heard it's relatively small in comparison with Edinburgh or Glasgow, but is this the real problem? However, I've seen that RGU is well ranked for the hospitality and management courses :smile:
Original post by rg1415
I'm currently in my first year at RGU studying events management!
Its still a relatively new course so I feel wasn't very well educated on what it was actually going to involve. There is a lot of volunteering work and work experience that has to be done- 100 hrs per year, to be signed off and written up in a blog. Getting those 100 hours is proving challenging as Aberdeen isn't the best city for events however, being able to write on your CV that you've done over 400 hours of work experience after graduating will look AMAZING!
The modules are as exactly whats in the prospectus and most of your work in these modules will be graded on group work and essays.
Not really sure what to say other than that...
Would definitely recommend studying at RGU, such a good uni and a beautiful campus with great facilities!
Reply 6
Original post by AmaRo
Hey! So you're saying that the curriculum wasn't exactly followed? And why is Aberdeen not a very good place for events? I heard it's relatively small in comparison with Edinburgh or Glasgow, but is this the real problem? However, I've seen that RGU is well ranked for the hospitality and management courses :smile:

The curriculum is exactly what is said in the prospectus. I was just unsure if the industry portfolio(100 hours of work experience) was explained in full.
The size of Aberdeen isn't the problem- it just doesn't have as many exciting events as the likes of Edinburgh and Glasgow. However, I would say that the university offers the best events management degree in comparison to unis in edinburgh and glasgow.
Reply 7
How many applicants are usually offered a place on the course? Also, how are the teachers? I've seen that some moved from glasgow caledonian to rg.
And btw, where else did you apply? :smile:
Original post by rg1415
The curriculum is exactly what is said in the prospectus. I was just unsure if the industry portfolio(100 hours of work experience) was explained in full.
The size of Aberdeen isn't the problem- it just doesn't have as many exciting events as the likes of Edinburgh and Glasgow. However, I would say that the university offers the best events management degree in comparison to unis in edinburgh and glasgow.
Reply 8
40 people get in to the course. I applied to Queen Margret's and Edinburgh Napier and Glasgow Caley. The lecturers are so lovely and really approachable, i'd never hesitate to ask them anything!
Reply 9
So what made you go for RGU eventually? Did you attend any of the open days?
Original post by rg1415
40 people get in to the course. I applied to Queen Margret's and Edinburgh Napier and Glasgow Caley. The lecturers are so lovely and really approachable, i'd never hesitate to ask them anything!
Reply 10
Well I did go to open days and RGU stood out as the most modern and well equipped unis I visited. Also the employability figures by RGU are amazing and they have really good industry links in the business school.
Reply 11
Which one was your insurance?
Original post by rg1415
Well I did go to open days and RGU stood out as the most modern and well equipped unis I visited. Also the employability figures by RGU are amazing and they have really good industry links in the business school.
Heyyah,

I've applied to do Events Management courses at Napier, Glasgow Caladonian,Robert Gorden and Queen Margaret. I think Napier is my first choice though. Does anybody know much about studying this course and how good the opportunities are at the end of this course in the way of work?
Hi Guys,

I got an unconditional offer for this course yesterday. Anybody else?
Reply 14
Hi there! I got a conditional offer yesterday :smile: So happy! Did you hear from the others as well?
Original post by lostinstereo08
Hi Guys,

I got an unconditional offer for this course yesterday. Anybody else?
Original post by AmaRo
Hi there! I got a conditional offer yesterday :smile: So happy! Did you hear from the others as well?

I got a conditional to RGU a few weeks ago 😁
Reply 16
Is it your first choice?
Original post by Daniellepagee
I got a conditional to RGU a few weeks ago 😁
Original post by AmaRo
Is it your first choice?

Oh well done! :biggrin: I've never been to RGU, I think i'm more likely to choose Napier unless someone can give me good reasons to go to RG. :smile:
Original post by lostinstereo08
Oh well done! :biggrin: I've never been to RGU, I think i'm more likely to choose Napier unless someone can give me good reasons to go to RG. :smile:

Yeah I think Napier would be my first choice if I got an offer
Original post by Daniellepagee
Yeah I think Napier would be my first choice if I got an offer

Hopefully see you there!! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest