Original post by Imrankhan0121
Explain why x and y obey hookes law

also help me on 6 mark questions on edexcle , in gereral
what plan should i follow
Any tips?

Gd luck

The pix
Yes, I would consider myself smart.
Hooke's law: The extension is proportional to the force acting(constant is positive). As Y is the only one with a positive constant gradient, it is the only one that obeys Hooke's law.

I don't do EdExcel, but in general think logically about the question. For physics, you will usually get all of the marks if you progress through the correct points with enough detail. Do past papers and practice these questions.

Are these questions that you struggle with usually explanation-based or calculation-based? If calculation-based, do you maths? If so, do you do M1?
Original post by morgan8002
Hooke's law: The extension is proportional to the force acting(constant is positive). As Y is the only one with a positive constant gradient, it is the only one that obeys Hooke's law.

I don't do EdExcel, but in general think logically about the question. For physics, you will usually get all of the marks if you progress through the correct points with enough detail. Do past papers and practice these questions.

Are these questions that you struggle with usually explanation-based or calculation-based? If calculation-based, do you maths? If so, do you do M1?

I struggle with the explanation .
The thing I don't understand is it doesn't cross origin

Thanks dude
The question was there to get people attention
Original post by Imrankhan0121
I struggle with the explanation .
The thing I don't understand is it doesn't cross origin

Thanks dude
The question was there to get people attention

The reason it doesn't cross the origin is this a graph of length(not extension) against time. If there is no force, there will still be a length(intercept).
If the same data was plotted as extension against time, it would pass through the origin as you expected.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 5

Bold statement considering it's both X and Y. F=kxF = k\triangle x

The extension can be both positive or negative, creating a Length against Force graph, with a constant gradient, that could be either positive or negative, hence either X or Y, so the answer is A.

bruh do u even physics?
lol OP is a pro at getting people's attentions to answer his questions by using bait titles such as "Are u clever try this" or "Are u smart physics", seriously that is actually quite cunning.
I have much to learn from OP to be effective at getting people to answer my questions.
Original post by WannabeScientist
lol OP is a pro at getting people's attentions to answer his questions by using bait titles such as "Are u clever try this" or "Are u smart physics", seriously that is actually quite cunning.
I have much to learn from OP to be effective at getting people to answer my questions.

Others include:
Physic question bet you u would not answer this
Help Suvat help
Hardest question ever
Help physics please no stupid people
I need a smart physic student
(edited 9 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest