The Student Room Group

How do I flirt with girls?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by mackemforever
Well if you're not a troll then the point that we're all making is that if you're gay then you're gay, you can't change your sexuality no matter how hard you try.

I'm not really changing my sexuality. I know I'll still be gay deep down but I want a wife and kids. I want the whole lot. I need to practice now for when I meet the one.
Just be like 'if you like me,079 me' haha
Original post by Master Jack
I'd appreciate it if people were more supportive of my choice regardless of their personal feelings towards my decision.

The only way to help people understand is to explain your reasons.
You shouldn't expect help or support from complete strangers.
People commonly say girls are complex blah blah, which they are, however, it's always best to have a simple approach. Therefore the best way to flirt with a girl, or anyone, is to make them laugh/smile! Just be kind and joke around because that's what I find most attractive in a guy, and I think every girl would definitely say the same!
Reply 24
Original post by LancePereira
I'm Catholic, well more agnostic.

See. your a catholic BUT you have an agnostic view. I know what i'm saying and yes i admit i shouldn't put God into this conversation. But it's interesting about the OP sudden change of sexuality hence why God works miracles in anyone.
I'm not really changing my sexuality. I know I'll still be gay deep down but I want a wife and kids. I want the whole lot. I need to practice now for when I meet the one.

Well if you are determined then at least pick an ugly one, that way you won't steal an attractive one from somebody who will actually appreciate them.
Ok well this thread was a bust. People are two judgemental these days. Whatever happened to the days where common courtesy meant that people supported you and gave you the benefit of the doubt regardless of their own agenda. Whatever happened to the good old days 'eh?
Ok well this thread was a bust. People are two judgemental these days. Whatever happened to the days where common courtesy meant that people supported you and gave you the benefit of the doubt regardless of their own agenda. Whatever happened to the good old days 'eh?

Common courtesy would be not using a girl who you have no attraction for because you've 'decided to stop being gay':unimpressed:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'd appreciate it if people were more supportive of my choice regardless of their personal feelings towards my decision.

Join a club or society so that you have a common interest to talk about, e.g. music, drama, scouts, astronomy, stamps, badminton...... you get the idea - any hobby that you can talk about.
Original post by TheDaylighter
Common courtesy would be not using a girl who you have no attraction for because you've 'decided to stop being gay':unimpressed:

Posted from TSR Mobile

If treat her like a princess and give her everything what's the issue? Enough straight relationships end up pretty badly these days the divorce rate is rising and rising. Straight men are cheating on you. I'll never do that because I'll always try that extra bit more to make you feel loved. I'll also learn to find her womanly parts attractive.

BUT anyway that's far off right now I'm looking for a girl to kiss and cuddle with nothing beyond that because I'm not ready.
Um... I don't understand how one "can't be gay" but whatever.

Honestly if you're not a sociopath or good liar you're gonna struggle to flirt with girls you're not attracted to.

If treat her like a princess and give her everything what's the issue?

You're gonna struggle to do that for a girl if you're into blokes, I can just about guarantee it.
Original post by Retired_Messiah
Um... I don't understand how one "can't be gay" but whatever.

Honestly if you're not a sociopath or good liar you're gonna struggle to flirt with girls you're not attracted to.

You're gonna struggle to do that for a girl if you're into blokes, I can just about guarantee it.

fake it till I make it.

Look I can learn to love her in that way. Anyway right now not looking for sex. Just cuddles and hand holding.

Quit pointing fingers and evading the questions the only judgemental person on this thread was the Christian who praised you for not being true to yourself.

If treat her like a princess and give her everything what's the issue? Enough straight relationships end up pretty badly these days the divorce rate is rising and rising. Straight men are cheating on you. I'll never do that because I'll always try that extra bit more to make you feel loved. I'll also learn to find her womanly parts attractive.

BUT anyway that's far off right now I'm looking for a girl to kiss and cuddle with nothing beyond that because I'm not ready.

Insult an entire sexuality whilst also boasting you can do a better job. I think you're the judgemental one here mate.

And to think you were expecting respect and support...
(edited 9 years ago)

Look I can learn to love her in that way.

I wouldn't be so certain, loving people isn't something you "learn" exactly. Honestly if I knew your reasoning for this decision I might be able to help you more but as it is I'm just sat here being confused.

Why do you need a girl? It's unfair.

Be with a guy instead?

Or be with a confused lesbian?

We can't sit here and say your idea is brilliant.

Just admit that you are gay and stop pretending you have a girlfriend..?
People aren't supportive of your choice to deny and repress your sexuality because forcing yourself to live as a heterosexual is incredibly harmful to your mental health and is not very nice for any unfortunate girl who falls for the pretense.

If you are experiencing homophobia and hoping getting a girlfriend will stop that, I understand where you are coming from. However, it's just not a very good idea long-term. If you know that getting a girlfriend will stop any homophobia you experience then you could attend an LGBT club and see if any lesbians there have a similar situation, or just find a girl who you're friends with and explain your situation. She might understand and agree to be your "girlfriend" but you wouldn't have to do anything sexy with her, or even be romantically attracted to each other.

If you think getting a girlfriend will stop your homosexuality though... Lol. No. You can't change sexuality. It's something you're born with.

If your religion is what is causing this self-hatred...

Jewish, Christian, Muslim, Hindu, Sikh

I hope you find peace with yourself and start the path to acceptance and self-love.
Original post by suirrel
People aren't supportive of your choice to deny and repress your sexuality because forcing yourself to live as a heterosexual is incredibly harmful to your mental health and is not very nice for any unfortunate girl who falls for the pretense.

If you are experiencing homophobia and hoping getting a girlfriend will stop that, I understand where you are coming from. However, it's just not a very good idea long-term. If you know that getting a girlfriend will stop any homophobia you experience then you could attend an LGBT club and see if any lesbians there have a similar situation, or just find a girl who you're friends with and explain your situation. She might understand and agree to be your "girlfriend" but you wouldn't have to do anything sexy with her, or even be romantically attracted to each other.

If you think getting a girlfriend will stop your homosexuality though... Lol. No. You can't change sexuality. It's something you're born with.

If your religion is what is causing this self-hatred...

Jewish, Christian, Muslim, Hindu, Sikh

I hope you find peace with yourself and start the path to acceptance and self-love.

Stop trying to twist my arm into revealing my personal reason for my aversion for my current sexuality. It's deeply personal as I've maintained throughout this thread so leave it alone.

I'm not a tortured soul so you can save your links and your pity - I'm too proud for that.
Stop trying to twist my arm into revealing my personal reason for my aversion for my current sexuality. It's deeply personal as I've maintained throughout this thread so leave it alone.

I'm not a tortured soul so you can save your links and your pity - I'm too proud for that.

You're welcome! :biggrin:

I'm not manipulating you - I'm trying to support you, because you have to be in a pretty bad place to want to change something as innate as sexuality.

If you're really desperate, you could try Conversion Therapy-- except, oh wait, it doesn't work, because you can't healthily repress your sexuality.

Lol I don't care enough about you to try and twist your arm anywhere, why even mention it in your thread if you didn't want a fuss about it?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending