The Student Room Group

Speech & Language Therapy 2015

Scroll to see replies

Original post by JordanC55
I'VE GOT AN UNCONDITIONAL OFFER FROM STRATHCLYDE!

I am so happy right now, I haven't even started to think about the finance though!

So happy right now!

Oh my gosh congrats!! Thats amazing!! :smile:
Original post by nesca89
I've had man met and Manchester interviews but not heard from them yet. I have an interview for Sheffield next week and dmu the week after. And Leeds in Feb or March just waiting for the date hehe. Congratulations on your offer for Newcastle! :smile:

Thank you :smile:
Hope Sheffield email me soon for an interview of something :frown:

Oooh Leeds and DMU too, you've got lots to look forward to :biggrin: sounds exciting

I literally just got an offer from MMU so check your emails! X
Original post by Ellice97
Thank you :smile:
Hope Sheffield email me soon for an interview of something :frown:

Oooh Leeds and DMU too, you've got lots to look forward to :biggrin: sounds exciting

I literally just got an offer from MMU so check your emails! X

Aww congratulations! I've just checked mine and I haven't got anything :frown: what's going on?haha why can't they just get back to people properly lol. Maybe they go in surname order lmao
Unsuccessful from Manchester Met :frown: totally gutted
Original post by nesca89
I've had man met and Manchester interviews but not heard from them yet. I have an interview for Sheffield next week and dmu the week after. And Leeds in Feb or March just waiting for the date hehe. Congratulations on your offer for Newcastle! :smile:

It looks like people are getting their responses from MMU! Hope it's good news for you! X

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by djavor

:frown: have you applied anywhere else lovely?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by MrsMoonie
:frown: have you applied anywhere else lovely?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah Sheffield Uni of Manc DMU and Reading, so gutted was quite confident about Man Met as I have good A levels a previous degree and also voluntary experience
Original post by djavor

Oh noooooo, that's such a shame. Sorry to hear that :frown:
Original post by djavor
Yeah Sheffield Uni of Manc DMU and Reading, so gutted was quite confident about Man Met as I have good A levels a previous degree and also voluntary experience

Was that your first choice? I suppose different universities look for different answers and different qualities in each individual.. Fingers crossed!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by djavor

Really sorry, sure you will hear some positive news from one of your other Uni's soon. Good luck
Original post by MrsMoonie
Was that your first choice? I suppose different universities look for different answers and different qualities in each individual.. Fingers crossed!

Posted from TSR Mobile

I just want to get in somewhere.. Kinda have no hope for the others as I had the grades to get into Man Met, Uni of Manc and Sheffield ask for AAB I only got AAC :/ was really hoping to get in as I've done a lot of different work with individuals with communication difficulties and my dissertation was on Aphasia. Didn't think I did to well on the written exam unfortunately so that was probably it
Original post by shropshirelass51
Really sorry, sure you will hear some positive news from one of your other Uni's soon. Good luck

Thank you I really hope so too
Original post by djavor
I just want to get in somewhere.. Kinda have no hope for the others as I had the grades to get into Man Met, Uni of Manc and Sheffield ask for AAB I only got AAC :/ was really hoping to get in as I've done a lot of different work with individuals with communication difficulties and my dissertation was on Aphasia. Didn't think I did to well on the written exam unfortunately so that was probably it

Don't be silly, you'll be an ideal candidate for somewhere! They have a bit of leeway for grades don't they if you portrayed well in interviews and statements! Wishing you tonnes of luck xx

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by djavor
Thank you I really hope so too

You will get in somewhere I'm very sure! :smile: what time did you hear from UCAS if you don't mind me asking?
Original post by djavor

Don't think your A levels are as important if u have another degree so don't worry too much.

Sorry about MMU but remember you only need one offer!
Original post by djavor

I'm a mature student with a degree who left school at 16 without A levels. I still got an interview at BCU, so I am guessing that in many cases the degree supersedes the A levels. Also at BCU they said once you received an interview the decision was made purely on the basis of your performance on the written exam. Don't know if this holds true for other Uni's. Sure you will hear something positive soon, given all your experience and enthusiasm.
Original post by djavor

Oh no! I'm so sorry to hear that :frown:

You still have more offers to come through though, good luck with those x

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by JordanC55
I'VE GOT AN UNCONDITIONAL OFFER FROM STRATHCLYDE!

I am so happy right now, I haven't even started to think about the finance though!

So happy right now!

Congrats! Hope you get more good news soon
Original post by nesca89
You will get in somewhere I'm very sure! :smile: what time did you hear from UCAS if you don't mind me asking?

Thanks I hope so too.. Have no other career plans to be honest. Had a UCAS track notification at 19.45
Original post by djavor
Thanks I hope so too.. Have no other career plans to be honest. Had a UCAS track notification at 19.45

Yeah I'm the same, no other plans. But im sure you'll get an offer from somewhere. Stay positive! :smile:

Quick Reply