The Student Room Group

Speech & Language Therapy 2015

Scroll to see replies

Original post by nesca89
You will get in somewhere I'm very sure! :smile: what time did you hear from UCAS if you don't mind me asking?

Still no news? Still got my fingers crossed for you - want to know who I will be studying with next year!
Original post by Ellice97
Thank you :smile:
Hope Sheffield email me soon for an interview of something :frown:

Oooh Leeds and DMU too, you've got lots to look forward to :biggrin: sounds exciting

I literally just got an offer from MMU so check your emails! X

Congrats on your offer(s) - do you have a favourite yet?

Don't worry about Sheffield - they were my last reply last year - plenty of time yet.

Good luck
Original post by AmyPilot
Still no news? Still got my fingers crossed for you - want to know who I will be studying with next year!

Still no news no. I reaaaaaally don't understand how they figure it all out and when to give offers etc. Anyway, my positivity is going down and down. But hopefully I'll be studying with you next year! :smile: hehe
Reply 1023
Original post by eskimok1
Anyone else got an offer from reading for SLT? So happy eeeek

I'm just joining the thread - new to studentroom! I've also got an offer from Reading for SLT. Going to the visit day in February - can't wait cos I haven't visited yet and it looks amazing!! Congratulations to everyone else who's offers are coming in. I'm still waiting to hear from Manchester, Man Met and Sheffield after interviews and have an interview offer from Leeds Beckett! :smile:
Original post by nesca89
Still no news no. I reaaaaaally don't understand how they figure it all out and when to give offers etc. Anyway, my positivity is going down and down. But hopefully I'll be studying with you next year! :smile: hehe

Remember last year was the same with some waiting longer than others for some particular unis - still no news is good news as they say!!
Original post by EmsG96
I'm just joining the thread - new to studentroom! I've also got an offer from Reading for SLT. Going to the visit day in February - can't wait cos I haven't visited yet and it looks amazing!! Congratulations to everyone else who's offers are coming in. I'm still waiting to hear from Manchester, Man Met and Sheffield after interviews and have an interview offer from Leeds Beckett! :smile:

Congratulations on your offer :smile: I'm still waiting to hear from both Manchesters after my interviews too. Good luck! :smile:
Remember last year was the same with some waiting longer than others for some particular unis - still no news is good news as they say!!

Yeah I remember that too. No use getting frustrated about it though haha. Hopefully some good news tomorrow :smile:
Reply 1027
Original post by nesca89
Congratulations on your offer :smile: I'm still waiting to hear from both Manchesters after my interviews too. Good luck! :smile:

Hope you get good news soon! The waiting's horrible!!!
Original post by djavor
Yeah Sheffield Uni of Manc DMU and Reading, so gutted was quite confident about Man Met as I have good A levels a previous degree and also voluntary experience

If it makes you feel any better I got rejected from MMU the other day!

It only takes one uni to give you an offer and every uni is looking for something different.
Original post by JordanC55
If it makes you feel any better I got rejected from MMU the other day!

It only takes one uni to give you an offer and every uni is looking for something different.

Sorry to hear about your rejection. I hope you are all emailing for feedback!
Don't think your A levels are as important if u have another degree so don't worry too much.

Sorry about MMU but remember you only need one offer!

^this

Strathclyde ask for AAB, but I got nowhere near that but I did well in my 1st year at uni and got a shiz load of work experience and shadowing placements so it's proved that A-levels don't mean much
Original post by nesca89
Sorry to hear about your rejection. I hope you are all emailing for feedback!

Yeah I have, I don't mind though as MMU was my 5th choice. Leeds and DMU are my top 2 and now I've got an offer I've stopped stressing haha!

Last time around when I applied for linguistics Newcastle got back to me at like 11 to say I had an offer so MMU could contact you whenever!
Original post by JordanC55
Yeah I have, I don't mind though as MMU was my 5th choice. Leeds and DMU are my top 2 and now I've got an offer I've stopped stressing haha!

Last time around when I applied for linguistics Newcastle got back to me at like 11 to say I had an offer so MMU could contact you whenever!

Yeah it's good you already have an offer :smile: I hope we all get some more good news today hehe
Still nothing from BCU regarding offers or interviews?...I've heard zilch on my end:frown:.
A bit worried that I haven't heard from Sheffield as I applied three months ago. Do you think its likely that I haven't been successful? 😁

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by InDreams
A bit worried that I haven't heard from Sheffield as I applied three months ago. Do you think its likely that I haven't been successful? 😁

Posted from TSR Mobile

I haven't heard from Sheffield either :frown: I applied late September/early October
I'm a bit worried
Hi!
Has anyone else had an email about Leeds interviews? Saying that they have got one but track should be updated sometime this month?
And also I got an interview for BCU for the 30th January but I'm slightly worried as I feel this is really late? As everyone seems to have had their interviews for BCU? :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by InDreams

Posted from TSR Mobile

Think Sheffield said they would be letting us know by March so there's still time
Original post by amypewwy
Hi!
Has anyone else had an email about Leeds interviews? Saying that they have got one but track should be updated sometime this month?
And also I got an interview for BCU for the 30th January but I'm slightly worried as I feel this is really late? As everyone seems to have had their interviews for BCU? :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh when did you get offered you BCU interview? At the open day they said they interview in Dec & end of Jan/beginning of Feb so I wouldn't worry that it's late :smile:
Original post by amypewwy
Hi!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes I got an email on Christmas Eve from leeds saying they will send me details of the interview on track in January.

Quick Reply

Latest