The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by DomStaff
Do you think they'll include the pre-interview rating in the average? Someone said they saw theirs before their interviews.

No, the interview rating would be kept as a separate data point.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by sr-96
I guess but I find interviews really stressful so I'm already getting worried. But thanks and good luck to you too!

You will do fine the thread and everyone on it is behind you just relax and do your best
T minus 3 days!! eeeep

Posted from TSR Mobile
I just realised how 'first world problems' this thread is.

99.998% of the human population do not have the privileges we have to be applying to Cambridge (I actually calculated that based on an estimate of the number of Cambridge applicants alive today). They may be similar socioeconomically to us, but are not good enough academically to apply, or (in the vast majority of cases) the circumstances of their birth have dictated that they won't have gotten the right education, or they may suffer from poverty. 48% of people live on less than $2 a day and are in absolutely no financial position to study overseas.

I'm not saying it's silly to be stressed about the 10th just because some people have it worse - that's stupid. I know I will be devastated with a rejection and I'm dreading it. All I'm saying is: take whatever happens on Saturday in the context of the whole population; try and be grateful/proud that you got to be in a category that only 0.002% of people alive today have had the privilege to be in.

PS: I know there are probably many scientific and political flaws in this reasoning, but I think it's good enough to get the message across.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by sr-96
Just got a pool re-interview invite. Really didn't want this to happen:frown::frown::frown:
I knew I had made silly mistakes with the maths problems!

It will be fine just think: all things must pass..I can do it
Original post by Elcor

99.998% of the human population do not have the privileges we have to be applying to Cambridge (I actually calculated that based on an estimate of the number of Cambridge applicants alive today). They may be similar socioeconomically to us, but are not good enough academically to apply, or (in the vast majority of cases) the circumstances of their birth have dictated that they won't have gotten the right education, or they may suffer from poverty. 48% of people live on less than $2 a day and are in absolutely no financial position to study overseas.

I'm not saying it's silly to be stressed about the 10th just because some people have it worse - that's stupid. I know I will be devastated with a rejection and I'm dreading it. All I'm saying is: take whatever happens on Saturday in the context of the whole population; try and be grateful/proud that you got to be in a category that only 0.002% of people alive today have had the privilege to be in.

PS: I know there are probably many scientific and political flaws in this reasoning, but I think it's good enough to get the message across.

This is perfect.
Reply 1166
Original post by fluteflute
Yes almost certainly I'd have thought. The obvious thing to do would be interview a few to decide who they want to take.

Ok thank you:smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Elcor

That weirdly calmed my nerves. Thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 1168
Original post by anonymousp
You will do fine the thread and everyone on it is behind you just relax and do your best

Original post by anonymousp
It will be fine just think: all things must pass..I can do it

Thanks for the encouragement :smile: I am really greatful to be given another chance and hopefully I will give a better performance this time round ):

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Jasey
Theology & RS

Would bet good money on you getting an offer- 100% average makes your application exceptionally strong, particularly as you applied for a humanities subject.
Original post by ShellySpielberg
Same... worried that's going to be the reason for rejection :/

Posted from TSR Mobile

As am I! When I ask for feedback if they don't mention my BMAT score I'll scream

Original post by a123a
This. I'm just hoping they only look at BMAT for deciding who gets an interview instead of who gets an offer.

Unfortunately I think the BMAT would still be used when deciding to give out offers, but of a lesser extent to interviews and UMS (I would assume)
Reply 1171
Sorry if someone has already asked this, but does anyone if Pembroke sends emails to their EU/International applicants?
Original post by suzanamarieXD
New question: what do you guys say when someone tell you they've been rejected? I wanna ask some Oxford friends what their outcome was but don't know what to say if they didn't get in..!

Suzanamarie

happy new year

best phrase I know is that all things must pass

goodluck to everyone xxx
Reply 1173
Original post by chloe--
Thanks! Natural Sciences

great! physical or biological?
And good luck at your interview!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1174
Original post by Everythingstupid
Would bet good money on you getting an offer- 100% average makes your application exceptionally strong, particularly as you applied for a humanities subject.

Thank you for your confidence. I do hope it was enough for them!
Original post by fluteflute
About 93% of first class post arrives the next day.

condolences to those in the 7%
Original post by Jasey
Thank you for your confidence. I do hope it was enough for them!

Curious as to what you took for AS.
Does anyone know how it is decided who fishes you out of the pool? Is t first come, first served? What happens if more than one college wants you?
Original post by TVIO
Oh my god I ended a call I got in the middle of a lesson. Can he remember what number it was? I checked my calls and mine was 01536 or something (kettering?) but can't be too sure. Freaking out now...

Don't worry they'll call again if it was them or possibly email!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by absybabsy
Does anyone know how it is decided who fishes you out of the pool? Is t first come, first served? What happens if more than one college wants you?

lol, yeah its first come first served.

Latest

Trending

Trending