The Student Room Group

Deadly gun attack in Paris: Global reactions & discussion

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Naima_786

you know that in Islam, we don't have pictures or images of our Prophets so why can't anyone respect that? Why do people have the need to provoke Islam and Muslims?

You know that in islam, you cannot eat pork. Why don't you kill everybody who eats pork?
why is the world so awful and full of hate
In NO way am I saying that what the terrorists did is justified

But They did kind of bring this upon themselves. Everyone know how protective muslims are when it comes to prophet Muhammad SAW, and to make a satirical magazine about is obviously going to cause some sort of reaction. Especially as extremist terrorism is rising and is so dominant in the media

however, saying that the terrorists shouldn't have reacted in that way...

In no way am I saying rape can be justified.

But if you are raped you kind of bring it upon yourself for being female.
Mourning the innocent loss of life at Charlie Hedbo in France today.

May God give patience & comfort to those suffering & may He bring swift justice to the barbaric individuals who committed this horrific attack.
Once again all Muslims will be put on trial for the acts of a few pieces of scum. Islam and Prophet Muhammad categorically condemn this atrocity in the strongest manner possible.

My thoughts and prayers are with the people of France.
Original post by Aty100
oh sorry i made a typo and realised i didnt make sense. Basically what i am saying that our religion is against it and the killing of innocent, therefore many Muslims dont believe what they did was right either as killing is extreme but many people are saying they did have a reason, which they kinda did, but they shouldn't have taken such extreme measures to resolve the problem.

you are suggesting people do things without a reason? everything happens for a reason. if someone wiped out the human race because they just woke up and felt like it then the reason would be that they felt like doing it.

there is nothing that exists without a reason.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by billydisco
So a Ched-Evans-rapes-a-girl thread can bash Ched Evans, but an Islamic terrorism thread cannot bash Islam?

Can you please tell me why? I'd like to know why TSR is introducing censorship? Are the TSR moderators Muslims?

Wow! What logic! So Ched Evans is white and Welsh. Should we start bashing on all white or Welsh people now? Have some sense!
Original post by Aty100
... but many people are saying they did have a reason ...

Well, there is a reason for everything. Hitler certainly had a reason to kill 6 million Jews, didn't he? Jack the Ripper must have had a reason to do what he did. It doesn't mean they had the right to do so though, or that their reasons made any sense.

So either saying that 'someone had a reason' does not actually convey anything meaningful at all, because there is always a reason/cause for anything, or it can be understood as excusing and belittling the crime committed, which seems to be the case in this instance.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Plantagenet Crown
And what is the alternative? Keeping quiet about it and not exercising our right to criticise and mock whatever we want to? No thanks.

So? Why should non-muslims have to abide by Islamic rules? If you can't draw pictures of him fine, but that doesn't mean the rest of us can't. And you can't use that as an excuse, religious people have to grow up and learn to deal with criticism, it's part of becoming an adult and realising that there will always be people who have a different view to you. Throwing tantrums and shooting people is not going to stifle criticism, in fact, in this case all it's done is bring more attention to these drawings and the magazine.

But how long are you going to stand up to it until it's enough? It will never be enough, because people will still get offended and some may even kill.

All we say is have a little bit of respect towards our beliefs, and if that means a few restrictions then fine... Its not going to affect your life in any way. But if you don't, things like this will happen.

I agree that the way they handled it was utterly ridiculous but think of how of much stick Islam and Muslims have been getting, and the situation in France regarding Islam is at an all time high, they've had terror attack in four different cities as well threats from terror groups, so wouldn't the logical thing to do would be to NOT provoke them even more? Also this isn't the first the magazine has satires Islam though
Original post by Dexa
Not wanting your sacred religion mocked is not forcing an oppression you imbecile. In fact it is quite the opposite akin to your Jew/Nazi analogy.

Can you explain, what you mean?
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by clh_hilary
You know that in islam, you cannot eat pork. Why don't you kill everybody who eats pork?

Thats extreme... Why would I do that?
In no way am I saying rape can be justified.

But if you are raped you kind of bring it upon yourself for being female.

What?! Ok look, you are clearly not understanding what im trying to say here.

if you read my responses to Groot and Plantagenet Crown, you will understand what I mean
(edited 9 years ago)
Thats extreme... Why would I do that?

Same rationale you presented.

- Muslims can't draw something
- Other people shouldn't draw it

- Muslims can't eat port
- Other people shouldn't eat pork
Ok look, you are clearly not understanding what im trying to say here.

if you read my responses to Groot and Plantagent Crown, you will understand what I mean

In this particular post I'm showing you how, at the very least with your wordings, are saying that it is indeed justified.

'But'. 'Kind of brought it on themselves'.
But how long are you going to stand up to it until it's enough? It will never be enough, because people will still get offended and some may even kill.

So? By showing them we're not afraid that number will one day fall. I repeat, we do not deal with terrorists by giving in to the demands, especially when they're as ridiculous as this.

All we say is have a little bit of respect towards our beliefs, and if that means a few restrictions then fine... Its not going to affect your life in any way. But if you don't, things like this will happen.

No. I don't have to respect your belief, do you respect Hitler's beliefs? You have the right to practise your religion, but it doesn't mean the rest of us have to abide by your religion's rules.

I agree that the way they handled it was utterly ridiculous but think of how of much stick Islam and Muslims have been getting, and the situation in France regarding Islam is at an all time high, they've had terror attack in four different cities as well threats from terror groups, so wouldn't the logical thing to do would be to NOT provoke them even more? Also this isn't the first the magazine has satires Islam though

No, Christians get just as much stick, if not more and they don't react violently. What's your explanation to that? These criticisms will not stop, they'll probably increase if muslims continue reacting in such a ridiculous way.
Reply 515

are you stupid? thats not funny.
all over the student room right now i can see so much HATE towards islam
what do you want to achieve i dont understand? by saying 'ohh look even more extreme muslims kill me now because i eat pork' you must think you are hilarious.
do u think i am proud of what extreme muslims have done? do you think i agree with the extremists? NO i dont so dont think we are all the same ok?

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 516
Original post by Jdowsea
Whoever liked this comment ought to be ashamed of themselves. Do you really think that in 2015 one shouldn't dare criticise an organised religion for fear of being gunned down in cold blood?!

Well that's a ridiculous thing to say. That's like saying one should go round saying the n word, as they feel it is within their right, and then moan when a black person beats them up or worse.

If people find something offensive, why give them an excuse to get at you? Treat others like how you'd want to be treated yourself.
(edited 9 years ago)
Ok well if you want to 'stand up to it' the you can but it will only cause more conflict and violence, and maybe even more terror attacks, and more deaths.

That is the issue, when people attack you for something you believe is your moral right, in addition to your legal right, people will challenge you and continue to do it.

Let say a Muslim is attack by a bunch of extreme anti-muslim individuals. The local community then reaches out to help the Muslim community cope, this is clearly in opposition to what the attackers intended. Are the non Muslim community causing conflict and violence maybe, do the have good reason for what they do most certainly ( by non Muslim I mean the non antimuslim part)

you know that in Islam, we don't have pictures or images of our Prophets so why can't anyone respect that? Why do people have the need to provoke Islam and Muslims?

Yeah why should your religious law apply to us.

You don't eat pork should nobody be allowed to publicly eat pork.
Some Muslims believe Islam doesn't sllow Muslim. Can I to publicly listen to my iPod, should shops refrain from such songs.
You don't believe Jesus is the son of God, should Christians be disallowed from publicly preaching as such.

If this line of thinking applied to everybody we would publicly be a totally dull people, with individuality only ever being expressed individualy, which would eventually end because you could never go out to find those that agree with you as that would require public expression.

If they kill, we should lock them up in the prison like we would with any other criminal.

All we say is have a little bit of respect towards our beliefs,

Why? Why can't you respect my beliefs that I can draw things?

and if that means a few restrictions then fine...

It is not fine.

Its not going to affect your life in any way.

It is. It's going to make my life miserable for not being able to speak or draw my mind.

But if you don't, things like this will happen.

Terrorism.

No.

You're saying that violence is the answer, and we should proclaim that to the world.
Reply 519
Original post by garfeeled
That is the issue, when people attack you for something you believe is your moral right, in addition to your legal right, people will challenge you and continue to do it.

Let say a Muslim is attack by a bunch of extreme anti-muslim individuals. The local community then reaches out to help the Muslim community cope, this is clearly in opposition to what the attackers intended. Are the non Muslim community causing conflict and violence maybe, do the have good reason for what they do most certainly ( by non Muslim I mean the non antimuslim part)

Yeah why should your religious law apply to us.

You don't eat pork should nobody be allowed to publicly eat pork.
Some Muslims believe Islam doesn't sllow Muslim. Can I to publicly listen to my iPod, should shops refrain from such songs.
You don't believe Jesus is the son of God, should Christians be disallowed from publicly preaching as such.

If this line of thinking applied to everybody we would publicly be a totally dull people, with individuality only ever being expressed individualy, which would eventually end because you could never go out to find those that agree with you as that would require public expression.

im sorry but who said to you dont eat pork?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest