The Student Room Group

Taylor Swift: Nice or Fake

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
What does "fake" even mean? It's just something that people have been saying for decades when they don't know what else to say.

Just like all these people on TSR moaning about "fake" people at university or college. That's real life. It's as real as it gets. There's no such thing. If anything's fake - it's TSR.
Original post by Clip
What does "fake" even mean? It's just something that people have been saying for decades when they don't know what else to say.

Just like all these people on TSR moaning about "fake" people at university or college. That's real life. It's as real as it gets. There's no such thing. If anything's fake - it's TSR.

This is fake:

Without makeup:

Reply 22
Original post by clh_hilary
This is fake:

Without makeup:

Wearing make-up is fake.

Congrats. You've won this year's stupid award. Would you like to collect it in person?
Original post by Clip
Wearing make-up is fake.

Congrats. You've won this year's stupid award. Would you like to collect it in person?

Just keep it on your shelf. :redface:

I don't need validation.

This is fake:

Without makeup:

Looks beautiful in both. Not fake.
Original post by Twinpeaks
Looks beautiful in both.

She does.......
She does.......

I think she is nice, she conducts herself well when she's interviewed and is bright and chatty and charismatic so obviously has something about her over and above her "PR team". I think she is consciously trying to promote a positive image to counter the usual "bad girl" image of a lot of female artists to be a more positive role model, which is not a bad thing. So I think all her pushing in people's faces how she gives things to her fans and so on is a way of pushing a positive image on them.

It must work because amongst young women I know, I don't see any complete hero worship for other female artists like I do for Taylor Swift - the girls I know that are in to her are really in to her, they want to have their hair done like her, clothes like her, when they find other Taylor Swift fangirls they are like moths to a flame...kind of like guys can go on about football for ages they have Taylor Swift stories. Yes there are girls that like other female artists but I don't see quite the intensity of hero worship.

The one thing that she does thats bad that annoys me, and probably presents a bad image to young women is the way she constantly goes on about her relationships, I think that kind of stuff should be kept private but she is like a celebrity drama queen, and she gives young women a bad role model about relationships, she presents it as being a cool and natural thing to be tricked by someone, fall for them madly and then hate them, so her fans start doing the same and becoming drama queens. It is all a bit attention seeking.

That said, she doesn't over sexualise herself, she doesn't go on drinking binges or do drugs, she's never having to go to rehab. I think she's a smart artist that is in control of her own image and thats a contributing factor to her success, and I think she will last a long time.

Your posting of Swift gifs makes me think you love the woman.
Your posting of Swift gifs makes me think you love the woman.

Reply 31
Original post by Clip
I can. She's better looking and more successful than you, and you think that calling her "fake" gives you some quantum of superiority over her.

Ok you can carry your silly butt out of here. Its an observation i made. How does calling her fake make me feel superior. She puts me off. Hmmn. Jerk
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 32
Original post by white boy
why does it have to be annoyingly catchy? just accept that you love it.

nails it as per

Nails it as per what exactly? In what way does me not liking her give me a sense of superiority? It doesnt make sense. I dont like her, period
(edited 9 years ago)
Personally, I don't think you can really call someone fake when you don't know them. People are too quick in everyday life to call people fake when in reality they've never said a word to them.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 34
Wasn't a fan of her originally, her comments used to be somewhat questionable at times, but she's been becoming better and better and more aware of what she's doing. I love how she interacts with her fans, including the Christmas giveaway and communicating with social media [["No it's becky"]]. You could say it's all for publicity but to be honest I'd probably do the same if I had the money to do so.

The fake part is the part that isn't real, the 'Taylor Swift' the media has presented and the very character that Blank Space was about. Taylor herself is a genuinely lovely person who's constantly working on becoming more aware and bettering herself.

And I've also stopped pretending I don't like her music.
Reply 35
Original post by MagicNMedicine

The one thing that she does thats bad that annoys me, and probably presents a bad image to young women is the way she constantly goes on about her relationships, I think that kind of stuff should be kept private but she is like a celebrity drama queen, and she gives young women a bad role model about relationships, she presents it as being a cool and natural thing to be tricked by someone, fall for them madly and then hate them, so her fans start doing the same and becoming drama queens. It is all a bit attention seeking.

That is what i don't like. OK everybody knows the person the song is based on. You don't even try to hide it only capitalise on it(and she is not even taking most of the responsibility of the failure of the relationship.) You bash the person in front of the whole world. Playing the victim is getting old. Almost like as if she goes into every relationship only to come out of it and head straight for the recording studio.
Reply 36
Original post by Changing Skies
Personally, I don't think you can really call someone fake when you don't know them. People are too quick in everyday life to call people fake when in reality they've never said a word to them.

Posted from TSR Mobile

That makes sense
Reply 37
Original post by Ruthless Dutchman
Wasn't a fan of her originally, her comments used to be somewhat questionable at times, but she's been becoming better and better and more aware of what she's doing. I love how she interacts with her fans, including the Christmas giveaway and communicating with social media [["No it's becky"]]. You could say it's all for publicity but to be honest I'd probably do the same if I had the money to do so.

The fake part is the part that isn't real, the 'Taylor Swift' the media has presented and the very character that Blank Space was about. Taylor herself is a genuinely lovely person who's constantly working on becoming more aware and bettering herself.

And I've also stopped pretending I don't like her music.

That is the annoying part: her songs are stupidly catchy. I actually like them
Reply 38
I like her. I get her and I get why people think she's fake. I have the same problem with people who don't hang out with me often. We just come across awkward but we're oh so awesome!
Reply 39
Original post by Ekemini
That is the annoying part: her songs are stupidly catchy. I actually like them

I used to say 'stupidly/annoyingly catchy' too once. Embrace it.

Quick Reply

Latest