The Student Room Group

Feeling accepted in Britain (for ethnic minorities)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by queen-bee
Point proven

...that you cannot use the English language correctly and you don't know what grammar is...
Original post by DorianGrayism
...that you cannot use the English language correctly and you don't know what grammar is...

Exactly!
Exactly!

Phew...we agreed on something..
Reply 163
[INDENT] BREAKING NEWS!!! POSSIBLE ID OF CHARLIE HEBDO SHOOTERS

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...do-attack.html
[/INDENT]
Original post by DorianGrayism
Phew...we agreed on something..

IKR...that you're a bastard
Original post by Jimbo1234
Missing my point entirely :redface:
It might as well be part of Mars as it has so little in common with the rest of the UK. The huge wealth, population density, diversity etc makes London utterly unique to any other city/place in the UK.

Exactly. At the moment, Britain lacks an identity. Only 60 years ago Britain had a strong identity (good manners, stiff upper lip, polite etc), but this has been eroded down to nothing. When these features left, nothing replaced them except negative traits - drinking, overweight, loose etc. So even if you were 100% British, you would still have the same problem you are in now....expect you would be hated aboard more for having bad behaviour.

All valid points made in your post
Reply 166
No what you are - don't let others define you.
So today,I went out to the pharmacy to get some essentials etc and as I was walking back home I came across two guys who seemed to look normal at first sight. One of them then just suddenly came up to me and started asking questions about where i'm from and then went on to insult my background after I told him I was part middle eastern and part italian. He also blamed 'my people' for the Paris attack today and was rambling on and on,bearing in my mind this was in a shop and everyone could hear and see the harsh racist comments he was making. He said stuff like 'oh you will never be british,no matter what you or you people do to try to fit in'...
so after I left the store and got home, I started thinking further about what he was saying. I mean I may have been born here but I don't even feel british at all! I've never dated a fully british guy for this reason I guess. I mean, I follow a similar culture(drinking,partying,how I dress etc) but will ethnic minorities ever be accepted into british society?! Do those on this forum who were born into ethnic families feel like they are accepted or do you still feel like an outsider?

That's an awful experience :frown: Didn't anyone in the shop defend you? They can be arrested for what they did. I had to stand up for my Italian friend when these guys where shouting "go back home" Call the police if it happens again we have a zero tolerance to racism and anyone who goes against this rule should have their citizenship taken away from them. A lot of us brits love the multi-cultural society we live in shame some dick heads spoil it.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by hellodave5
That makes no sense at all.
Our ancestors were most likely not from Britain anyway. Practically everyone is a mix of ancestry.

So despite my cultural association with Britain, the British government subsidising my education (like everyone else) and hopefully to be lots more of it, my ability to speak English better than most, and my rather significant contributions to British society: I am still not deemed British?

Doesn't sound very fair.

Speak for yourself… My ancestors on my mother's side back to the early 1800s are majority English born not that far apart in Lancashire, and the rest of the ancestors on my mother's side were born not that far apart in Northern Ireland; my father's were born in Northern and Southern England. All of the photos that I have seen of them show Northern European anthropologies, and their Germanic/Celtic surnames reflect this; not to mention that my own anthropology is Northern European. Thus I am very certain of my indigeneity.

English is somewhat of an international language these days, meaning all sorts of people speak it. If you speak English “better than most”, then here is your gold medal. And our “culture” these days is mostly consumerism and hedonism; lots of rootless, artificial, capitalistic and socially Marxistic ****e. So well done for associating yourself with all that. And having the corrupt bastards in Westminster subsidise your brain-polluting is not something to be proud of.

Fairness is not an intrinsic part of existence. What is “fair” about a lion eating a deer, or a snake poisoning a man? What is “fair” about a child dying at birth? What is “fair” about a woman being raped? What is “fair” about having our unique ethnic identity appropriated? What is “fair” about the ongoing ethnocultural displacement of the European peoples by masses from the Third World, yielding nought but overpopulation and societal divisions in our native countries? What is “fair” about the ongoing decay of our traditional morality with more and more degeneracy being encouraged as “progressive”? (Towards what? Genocide?)

Very few things are “fair” in this world; simply put, we have to stand up for our own and them only. Be “fair” to other kinds, by all means, but not to the point of infringement upon the existence of one's own kind.
Original post by elhm1800

An attempt at ad hominem. I'm opposed to alcohol, narcotics and smoking. So no, I am not “high”.
I would say that to some extent the fault is on the immigrants themselves. If you come to a country you should at least make an effort to adopt some of that countries culture etc.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Smash Bandicoot
Ignore them OP, blame the media for perpetuating racist stereotypes. Not every Muslim is ISIS, etc. My ex also dealt with this, it must be awful

Blame the media? You mean blame the extremists... otherwise the media would have nothing to report.
The media is to blame, every time someone of colour does something like this is reported as a terror incident. However when a white person does something like this, it is seldom report as a 'terrorist act'. People blindly follow the media as if it's religion, ignorance at its finest. Mankind is a mess. ( I don't actually know who I am talking to its just a general rant )

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ProudEnglishman
An attempt at ad hominem. I'm opposed to alcohol, narcotics and smoking. So no, I am not “high”.

My dear fellow seeing that you aren't under the influence of any narcotics you have no excuse. I fear that you may well lack what we call an intellect.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Guy Secretan
I would say that to the extent the fault is on the immigrants themselves. If you come to a country you should at least make an effort to adopt some of that countries culture etc.

And what about the minorities who do that but still get persecuted and attacked?
Speak for yourself… My ancestors on my mother's side back to the early 1800s are majority English born not that far apart in Lancashire, and the rest of the ancestors on my mother's side were born not that far apart in Northern Ireland; my father's were born in Northern and Southern England. All of the photos that I have seen of them show Northern European anthropologies, and their Germanic/Celtic surnames reflect this; not to mention that my own anthropology is Northern European. Thus I am very certain of my indigeneity.

English is somewhat of an international language these days, meaning all sorts of people speak it. If you speak English “better than most”, then here is your gold medal. And our “culture” these days is mostly consumerism and hedonism; lots of rootless, artificial, capitalistic and socially Marxistic ****e. So well done for associating yourself with all that. And having the corrupt bastards in Westminster subsidise your brain-polluting is not something to be proud of.

Fairness is not an intrinsic part of existence. What is “fair” about a lion eating a deer, or a snake poisoning a man? What is “fair” about a child dying at birth? What is “fair” about a woman being raped? What is “fair” about having our unique ethnic identity appropriated? What is “fair” about the ongoing ethnocultural displacement of the European peoples by masses from the Third World, yielding nought but overpopulation and societal divisions in our native countries? What is “fair” about the ongoing decay of our traditional morality with more and more degeneracy being encouraged as “progressive”? (Towards what? Genocide?)

Very few things are “fair” in this world; simply put, we have to stand up for our own and them only. Be “fair” to other kinds, by all means, but not to the point of infringement upon the existence of one's own kind.

Wow, that was rather inflammatory. Most of what you said was absolute conjecture.

Firstly, people travel. A whole great deal now. Something is wrong with you if you refuse to be with someone that isn't of your ethnicity. Back in the day, people still travelled.

Quite a few people speak English yes. So? To say I'm not British when I can speak British ostensibly better than you - sounds rather funny to me.

I do not associate with those values, at all. In fact, I am the complete opposite! I meant in the way of existing within the culture, the way things are - people and culture are intertwined.
If Britain has such bad 'culture' then why are you so mindlessly saying people who contribute positively towards 'your' culture are not to be a part of it?

I'm proud to be able to use what our government has provided me with (through university provision) to allow me to contribute in making the country and the world a better place.
(PS. I do have to pay this all back, and then pay tax all of my life. Not to mention doing my bit in other ways.)

Society should be fair, yes. In the West we value egalitarianism quite highly! Though nature is not - obviously, it is very flawed. Just to say bad things happen, like you being racist, doesn't mean that it shouldn't. Thought that distinction be obvious though.
(edited 9 years ago)

We are all related get over it http://www.bbc.co.uk/sn/prehistoric_life/human/human_evolution/mother_of_man1.shtml
Original post by iammeyouareyou
White people getting riled about immigration. Karma's a bitch.

It's a different type of immigrant, and so a different type of immigration.

Washington Post

On a continent where immigrants and the children of immigrants are disproportionately represented in almost every prison system, the French figures are the most marked, according to researchers, criminologists and Muslim leaders.
This prison is majority Muslim -- as is virtually every house of incarceration in France. About 60 to 70 percent of all inmates in the country's prison system are Muslim, according to Muslim leaders, sociologists and researchers, though Muslims make up only about 12 percent of the country's population.

Omg, I think my black hair and eye brows gave it away!!! The Arab feautures are strong :tongue:

very!
Original post by Tom_Ford
And what about the minorities who do that but still get persecuted and attacked?

I don't agree with any form of persecution towards ethnic minorities anyway I was merely saying that sometimes it is made worse by them not learning english etc.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending