The Student Room Group

Would you date a Muslim?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 140
Original post by tammie123
I agree it's tricky, that's probably why I've been unlucky so far :tongue: but I'm sure he's out there somewhere haha

:wink: Hey hows it going lol
OP, surely you should only be asking non-Muslims this question, and not everyone? Because Muslims will obviously go out with fellow Muslims (assuming that they aren't too strict with their religious beliefs about dating and such) because they have the same fundamental beliefs, whereas non-Muslims have very different views, and the poll will look very different.
I would.
Original post by 061194
Would you ever be concerned if a relative or even a sibling was dating a Muslim ?

No, not even slightly.

My reason is not because I don't like Muslims, but because there are huge aspects of their religion that I do not even come close to living my life by and from my experience with friends dating Muslims or people who come from a Muslim household it always ends up either being an outright problem or just being generally awkward and in the long run it's not worth it.
Reply 145
Yes. More like marry one because I am a Muslim as well.
I wouldn't mind marrying a person who was born a non muslim if he decided he wanted to accept Islam as his faith and take the Shahada

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 146
Original post by AnharM
OP, surely you should only be asking non-Muslims this question, and not everyone? Because Muslims will obviously go out with fellow Muslims (assuming that they aren't too strict with their religious beliefs about dating and such) because they have the same fundamental beliefs, whereas non-Muslims have very different views, and the poll will look very different.

I realised that halfway through .It was meant for non Muslims to answer then it attracted others .But it turned out to be a peaceful and relaxed thread.Will take note next time
Original post by 061194

cringe
Original post by AnharM

Is it true muslim guys look down more on girls who have dated a non muslim guy in the past than a muslim? Please be honest by the way
Original post by 061194

Haha hi :smile: what was the reason behind your OP by the way? Are you muslim or non muslim?
Reply 150
Haha hi :smile: what was the reason behind your OP by the way? Are you muslim or non muslim?

No lol,It was to see peoples views on whether they would date Muslims within these recent shootings
Original post by 061194
No lol,It was to see peoples views on whether they would date Muslims within these recent shootings

I see well if people wouldn't date muslims because of the shootings they're clearly not thinking logically, only some people are doing things like this, most muslims just want peace and get on with their own lives. If they wouldn't want to date them because of differences in views then I understand that I guess, it doesn't matter to me but to others it might and I respect that.
Original post by bittr n swt
I think finding someone you want to marry can be quite tricky as nothing is ever guaranteed but I respect that.

By the way can I ask you something? You know that paragraph I just wrote to you, do you think saying this to a guy I'm actually considering would put him off (we're acquaintances at the moment). I mean would the fact that I'm looking for something serious put him off?
(edited 9 years ago)
I see well if people wouldn't date muslims because of the shootings they're clearly not thinking logically, only some people are doing things like this, most muslims just want peace and get on with their own lives. If they wouldn't want to date them because of differences in views then I understand that I guess, it doesn't matter to me but to others it might and I respect that.

By the way can I ask you something? You know that paragraph I just wrote to you, do you think saying this to a guy I'm actually considering would put him off (we're acquaintances at the moment). I mean would the fact that I'm looking for something serious put him off?

Funny you say that because I was going to mention in my last reply that mentioning marriage to a non Muslim early on can put him off but I didn't want to hurt your hopes :tongue:

You're only acquaintances atm so get to know him a bit more but don't mention marriage in the first year of dating him. We can PM if you want to know more.
Original post by felamaslen
Sure, but they would no longer be religious after a few dates with me.

Lol.

Only comment which had me lol.

:hmmm:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Funny you say that because I was going to mention in my last reply that mentioning marriage to a non Muslim early on can put him off but I didn't want to hurt your hopes :tongue:

You're only acquaintances atm so get to know him a bit more but don't mention marriage in the first year of dating him. We can PM if you want to know more.

Haha no you shouldn't worry about that, I prefer honesty. But what if he asks why I haven't dated anyone before if I'm not religious? Should I just say I'm really picky and not elaborate and leave it at that?
(edited 9 years ago)
Haha no you shouldn't worry about that, I prefer honesty. But what if he asks why I haven't dated anyone before if I'm not religious? Should I just say I'm really picky and not elaborate and leave it at that?

Yeah that's fine. In fact that'll also compliment him since he'll feel that he's special as you chose him.

Sweet.
Yeah that's fine. In fact that'll also compliment him since he'll feel that he's special as you chose him.

Sweet.

Ok thanks for the reply :biggrin:
Original post by missfats
Lol.

Only comment which had me lol.

:hmmm:

Posted from TSR Mobile

You'll turn to freedom and atheism one day. :wink:
Original post by 061194
Would you ever be concerned if a relative or even a sibling was dating a Muslim ?

My mother has been in a relationship for quite a few years now with a liberal Turkish Muslim. No big deal.
Is it true muslim guys look down more on girls who have dated a non muslim guy in the past than a muslim? Please be honest by the way

Don't know, I'm not a religious guy, but I assume so, yes...they might assume that you aren't a virgin, or you've been doing other things (apart from sex), but I couldn't care less

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending