The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Being nasty isn't going to get you anywhere so you may as well carry on being nice...
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous
I think I'm too nice towards girls, trying to be a gentleman but I honestly think it puts me in the friendzone quite frequently? Is there anything wrong with being nice?

Should I take on a 'bad guy' attitude?

Have you been in a long-term relationship?
'Being nice' per se never puts you in the friend-zone. Bad and foolish association to make. You're friend-zoned because the girl in question just isn't attracted to you; you two don't work together. That's not because you're too nice, it's because you're incompatible.
Reply 4
Be nice but just take control of a situation where you see fit. Don't be obnoxious or obviously arrogant though.
Reply 5
Oh no... You're one of those 'nice guys'

If you have to say you're a nice guy, then complain how girls friendzone you and won't sleep with you, you're not an actual nice guy.
Reply 6
The friend zone doesn't exist.

If a person isn't attracted to you romantically/sexually then no matter how you behave you can't make them become so. I hate to burst your bubble, but acting like you are a girls friend and then getting annoyed when she thinks of you as such doesn't make you a nice guy, it makes you a ****.
I'd say continue being nice (but not a pushover), it still doesn't means girls will suddenly be interested with you "in that way" but it no doubt helps your chances. If you're meeting enough girls then sooner or later you should find someone. Just keep positive & level headed.
Reply 8
Treat women like antelope: go for the weak and the defenceless in the herd and you're sure to earn a kill :colone:
Nowt wrong with being nice, so long as you can be assertive as well
Reply 10
As has been said anyone who says they are a nice guy isn't actually a nice guy. If you think that your 'reward' for being nice should be girls then you aren't being nice for the right reasons. /Thread (also anyone who asks if they should put on a bad boy attitude won't be able to pull it off) (be yourself, just be a pleasant human being and every thing else will fall into place.)
Some girls want guys to be bad-maybe you're too wet,
Original post by laura555

If a person isn't attracted to you romantically/sexually then no matter how you behave you can't make them become so. I hate to burst your bubble, but acting like you are a girls friend and then getting annoyed when she thinks of you as such doesn't make you a nice guy, it makes you a ****.

well, it simply refers to you being a friend that she sees rather than a potential partner so...

Original post by The_Internet
Nowt wrong with being nice, so long as you can be assertive as well

this is it.
(edited 9 years ago)

Have to agree. However I think you should go for women who are clearly attracted to you, that way if you are nice and they shun you, then you can complain that you aren't getting any. Don't try too hard though, there's a difference between being a gentleman and being a push over who will be taken advantage of. Good luck

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 14
Original post by Anonymous
I think I'm too nice towards girls, trying to be a gentleman but I honestly think it puts me in the friendzone quite frequently? Is there anything wrong with being nice?

Should I take on a 'bad guy' attitude?

well ok being a bad guy to get girls will work. the majority of girls will like it.
but the majority of girls are poor mates to settle down with.

if your just looking for sex go ahead be aggressive.
Reply 15
:doctor:
So long as you don't let girls take advantage of your niceness and you know when to say no, then it's all gooood! :biggrin:
Original post by liass
Oh no... You're one of those 'nice guys'

If you have to say you're a nice guy, then complain how girls friendzone you and won't sleep with you, you're not an actual nice guy.

Exactly this. I seriously cringe whenever a guy refers to himself as 'the nice guy'. The worst type.
Original post by YesAllMen
well, it simply refers to you being a friend that she sees rather than a potential partner so...

this is it.

I disagree. What you described is friendship. The friendzone is guys thinking that women owe them something because they acted in a friendly manner towards them. I think I sort of failed to communicate what I meant properly in my earlier post.

The friendzone does exist. But only in the minds of those who believe themselves to be in it
I disagree. What you described is friendship. The friendzone is guys thinking that women owe them something because they acted in a friendly manner towards them. I think I sort of failed to communicate what I meant properly in my earlier post.

The friendzone does exist. But only in the minds of those who believe themselves to be in it

yeah that situation exists for sure, but I think it's just been mixed up with 'friend zone' IMO. Probably because both things were just common to see with each other.

But when the term was first coined I believe it literally was a more humourous way of describing a friendship after a girl said she just wanted to be friends (when the guy asked her out)

Latest

Trending

Trending